Look... Can't we all just agree that PUNCHING POWER is just a matter of upper-body strength?

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh yeah? How many people have you trained to success to prove that you are? Oh yeah no one

I coached my classmates back in Job Corps in volleyball and we won two matches after they were on a losing streak for YEARS. Before I volunteered, my teacher was already expecting our whole class to be eaten alive.

That's the only thing that I will consider to count even though I've trained multiple people in the gym, even my mom. Because for all I know, they just quit whatever training program I gave them. And I've been told I'd make a good fitness trainer by a no-nonsense friend.

And my own results speak for themselves. I can prove it with a video if I have to, but my squat went from 335 pounds to 405 in TWO MONTHS of training, when legendary fitness YouTubers like Frank Yang only hit a 405 squat after two years of training.

Keep underestimating me bro.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
I coached my classmates back in Job Corps in volleyball and we won two matches after they were on a losing streak for YEARS. Before I volunteered, my teacher was already expecting our whole class to be eaten alive.

That's the only thing that I will consider to count even though I've trained multiple people in the gym, even my mom. Because for all I know, they just quit whatever training program I gave them. And I've been told I'd make a good fitness trainer by a no-nonsense friend.

And my own results speak for themselves. I can prove it with a video if I have to, but my squat went from 335 pounds to 405 in TWO MONTHS of training, when legendary fitness YouTubers like Frank Yang only hit a 405 squat after two years of training.

Keep underestimating me bro.
This is a martial art forum not a body building forum I’m talking about martial arts and how you’re saying you know anything about boxing and how to be successful in it which you’ve proven numerous times you know absolutely nothing about it and posting absolute nonsense as facts. You can squat a number good for you well done but it doesn’t mean a thing to me I don’t care what you can squat or bench press it doesn’t mean a thing to me either way. Upload a video of you lifting weights I will not watch it, only video I will watch is you in the ring sparring showing us all how your muscles can beat real fighters. Now that video I will happily watch

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is a martial art forum not a body building forum I’m talking about martial arts and how you’re saying you know anything about boxing which you’ve proven numerous times you know absolutely nothing about it and posting absolute nonsense as facts. I don’t care what you can squat or bench press it doesn’t mean a thing to me either way. Upload a video of you lifting weights I will not watch it, only video I will watch is you in the ring sparring showing us all how your muscles can beat real fighters

I will. Get ready to swallow your words.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well you said in a previous comment it’ll take 3 years so I won’t hold my breath

It's a bit complicated. So for three years I'll train my boxing skills. But I think by that time I'd already establish friendships and connections with truly good boxers. I'd hard-spar against one of the weaker people who also has EXCEPTIONAL SKILLS. That's key. It'd be silly of me to go box with zero fighting ability. But with only three years of training, I can beat a freaky good veteran boxer as long as I'm a harder hitter than him.

It'll happen.

Is three years too much? Not for the wait, but enough time to make me so good it's no longer about pure strength. I don't know about martial arts, but in weightlifting, it's easy to estimate numbers if you ask a lifter how long he's been consistently training. I asked a Judoka about that and he flat out told me it's a very difficult question to answer.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah and I'm one of them.

Do you want empirical evidence that lots of coaches are complete idiots? Literally it's everywhere in all competitive sports. Go watch one of the training videos of Buakaw where a soft-bellied coach had the legend do push ups with alternating hand positions in mid repetition. Buakaw literally trained better without that tool hovering around him. And Buakaw, like any enlightened fighter, was lifting weights.
push ups are lifting weight!

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's a bit complicated. So for three years I'll train my boxing skills. But I think by that time I'd already establish friendships and connections with truly good boxers. I'd hard-spar against one of the weaker people who also has EXCEPTIONAL SKILLS. That's key. It'd be silly of me to go box with zero fighting ability. But with only three years of training, I can beat a freaky good veteran boxer as long as I'm a harder hitter than him.

It'll happen.

Is three years too much? Not for the wait, but enough time to make me so good it's no longer about pure strength. I don't know about martial arts, but in weightlifting, it's easy to estimate numbers if you ask a lifter how long he's been consistently training. I asked a Judoka about that and he flat out told me it's a very difficult question to answer.
No you won’t you won’t beat any veteran....a veteran will toy with you with ease and will have to hold back to make it anywhere near competitive and could finish you quick if he chose to. Not just you....anyone that’s how it works. 3 years is nothing sure you might beat a random with no training but if you think 3 years of training is anywhere near enough To beat a veteran boxer then well....you’ll find out the hard way

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know. But why make him switch hand positions in the middle of the rep? THAT'S the stupid thing about it.
so he can develop more strengh, speed co ordination and use more/ different muscles in the exercise

try it, its not at all easy

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know. But why make him switch hand positions in the middle of the rep? THAT'S the stupid thing about it.
Because the different hand positions work different muscles and different areas. For example diamond press ups vs regular ones. Regular ones your hands are placed apart, and that helps to work your chest,

diamond press ups your hands are closer together, with your fingers and thumbs forming a diamond it moves the focus from your chest to your triceps.

changing in between is to keep the muscular endurance going while staying in the workout instead of just stopping and starting

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
so he can develop more strengh, speed co ordination and use more/ different muscles in the exercise

try it, its not at all easy

Oh heeere we go.

Jobo don't. This is my expertise. Just... Don't.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No you won’t you won’t beat any veteran....a veteran will toy with you with ease and will have to hold back to make it anywhere near competitive and could finish you quick if he chose to. Not just you....anyone that’s how it works. 3 years is nothing sure you might beat a random with no training but if you think 3 years of training is anywhere near enough To beat a veteran boxer then well....you’ll find out the hard way
well he thirty, he is much the same age as a vetron boxer

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh heeere we go.

Jobo don't. This is my expertise. Just... Don't.
well no its not mate, that much is clear,

you seem to know little about himan physiology and performance training.

from the figures youve bragged about your not above averagly strong

so even if you have a point about using brute strengh to over come better tecneque, the guy with the better tecneque is also likely to be stronger than you

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Because the different hand positions work different muscles and different areas. For example diamond press ups vs regular ones. Regular ones your hands are placed apart, and that helps to work your chest,

diamond press ups your hands are closer together, with your fingers and thumbs forming a diamond it moves the focus from your chest to your triceps.

changing in between is to keep the muscular endurance going while staying in the workout instead of just stopping and starting

Bro, Buakaw is a fighter BY TRADE. He has all the time to train PROPERLY. If he was pressed for time it'll make sense, but the dude has hours a day to train. And it's extremely common knowledge in the fitness world that straight sets are far more effective for strength development than SUPERSETS. Supersets and circuits are great for anaerobic conditioning, but NOT building strength! And if the purpose of it all was to train Buakaw's anaerobic endurance, why not just make him do HIIT? Or Tabata? Or several rounds of intense heavy bag hitting? Or sprints?

Also, DUH. Do you seriously think I of all people don't know what diamond push ups train? You may as well have told me that bicep curls work the biceps.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bro, Buakaw is a fighter BY TRADE. He has all the time to train PROPERLY. If he was pressed for time it'll make sense, but the dude has hours a day to train. And it's extremely common knowledge in the fitness world that straight sets are far more effective for strength development than SUPERSETS. Supersets and circuits are great for anaerobic conditioning, but NOT building strength! And if the purpose of it all was to train Buakaw's anaerobic endurance, why not just make him do HIIT? Or Tabata? Or several rounds of intense heavy bag hitting? Or sprints?

Also, DUH. Do you seriously think I of all people don't know what diamond push ups train? You may as well have told me that bicep curls work the biceps.
Just stop now...you’re embarrassing yourself. If a top level fighter is choosing to do it....well I’ll trust his judgement a lot more than I will ever trust yours.
“I of all people?” Wow just wow

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just with none of the skills
he seems a nice guy, i cant make my mind up if he is a wind up or just delusionsl

he asked good questions, then ignores the answer and sets off on a diatribe

if he sets off on his 3 year plan, that will make him 33, thats a bit late to set the boxing world on fire

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

bicep curls only work half the bicep, the bi bit means two, so your only working a cep

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We need to keep track of the legendary posters that show up every so often.

Like a Hall of fame.

They really make this board fun sometimes

Will you please watch my YouTube video? Please?