Look... Can't we all just agree that PUNCHING POWER is just a matter of upper-body strength?

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So was josh Barnett and he was on steroids so was frank mir when he got popped for steroids....what nonsense you going to tell us next

There. Are. Exceptions. To. Every. Rule.

You and I have polarizing aptitudes. Yours is about tricks. Mine is about being noble. I attack head on. You are an elusive cheater.

To be fair, I'll likely end up becoming like you. But only if my full-frontal assault will fail. And I'll conquer with pure muscle. I will not fail.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
There. Are. Exceptions. To. Every. Rule.

You and I have polarizing aptitudes. Yours is about tricks. Mine is about being noble. I attack head on. You are an elusive cheater.

To be fair, I'll likely end up becoming like you. But only if my full-frontal assault will fail. And I'll conquer with pure muscle. I will not fail.

.....what exactly have I cheated in

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah. Doug Hepburn was as strong as Brock and Doug was natural. Extreme levels of strength can be achieved naturally if you know what you're doing and are willing to go through the work. Believe me, lmao. I know.

And you can tell Doug was natural because he was FAT. Steroids are amazing fat burners. Doug never had a good-looking physique. He just had the raw mass and frame due to great genes.

I myself have the genes of a short Paul Anderson.
This comes back to the issue of time though. If you're a strongman, you have a lot more time to focus on weightlifting/increasing strength. If you're a fighter, the amount of time you spend to that needs to take a backseat if you want to do well. Otherwise, all the top fighters would spend most of their time weightlifting and just a few months training actual skills before fighting.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This comes back to the issue of time though. If you're a strongman, you have a lot more time to focus on weightlifting/increasing strength. If you're a fighter, the amount of time you spend to that needs to take a backseat if you want to do well. Otherwise, all the top fighters would spend most of their time weightlifting and just a few months training actual skills before fighting.

It depends on your strategy. Allow me to use military metaphors, please...

I'm the kind of guy where if I was in charge of a grand war, my nation against another nation, I'd spend every waking hour grabbing people to join my army, grabbing gear for them, throwing fat salaries at them, boosting their morale, and giving them generous rations. That to me comes first BEFORE strategy. You can't win a chess match with one pawn.

Other people would spend every waking hour planning things with their generals and consulting strategy manuals for clever formations and maneuvers. I'm not that kind of guy.

Martial arts is the same way. It's an ART. I have my way of expressing myself, others do. As important as winning, you also need to stay true to what you want instead of dancing around with the rules. You gotta make a sensation by putting on a show, Rocky Balboa style.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah. Doug Hepburn was as strong as Brock and Doug was natural. Extreme levels of strength can be achieved naturally if you know what you're doing and are willing to go through the work. Believe me, lmao. I know.

And you can tell Doug was natural because he was FAT. Steroids are amazing fat burners. Doug never had a good-looking physique. He just had the raw mass and frame due to great genes.

I myself have the genes of a short Paul Anderson.
are you sure ?coz you look fat in that video, maybe no one has told your genes

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
are you sure ?coz you look fat in that video, maybe no one has told your genes

Paul Anderson was fat. I'm fat. But that's not the point. It's the thick hips and thick legs. And a natural aptitude for heavy squatting.

And if I'm fat, you're an idiot. And I am undoubtedly fat.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Paul Anderson was fat. I'm fat. But that's not the point. It's the thick hips and thick legs. And a natural aptitude for heavy squatting.

that will be all donuts, then

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So how much do you weigh? and what weight do you want to fight at?

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
Haven't got through this whole thread yet. Idk if I will haha. Just a quick question whats your starting weight ? The amount of weight lifted isn't as important as the percentage of your bodyweight the weight is. For example if you weight 150 lbs that would be an almost professional level lift. But if you weight 300 (not saying you do) thats a very low beginner weight

Strength Level - Weightlifting Calculator (Bench/Squat/Deadlift)

Also did you change your mind about the upper body is where all the power comes from ? In the video you say the upper body is just for looks.

Goodluck on your journey! I hope you lift a **** ton of weight and lose even more! But be willing to listen to the people that are trying to help you

Last edited:
OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
that will be all donuts, then
Haven't got through this whole thread yet. Idk if I will haha. Just a quick question whats your starting weight ? The amount of weight lifted isn't as important as the percentage of your bodyweight the weight is. For example if you weight 150 lbs that would be an almost professional level lift. But if you weight 300 (not saying you do) thats a very low beginner weight

Strength Level - Weightlifting Calculator (Bench/Squat/Deadlift)

Also did you change your mind about the upper body is where all the power comes from ? In the video you say the upper body is just for looks.

Goodluck on your journey! I hope you lift a **** ton of weight and lose even more! But be willing to listen to the people that are trying to help you

I'm 5'6 and 250 pounds.

I wanna get down to 170.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm 5'6 and 250 pounds.

I wanna get down to 170.
what your likely to find is, as you bulk drops,, your weight in some lift will also drop like a stone, that because your using your body mass to counter act the weight to some degree

so youl have to up the strengh training considerably to be as weak as you are now

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
what your likely to find is, as you bulk drops,, your weight in some lift will also drop like a stone, that because your using your body mass to counter act the weight to some degree

so youl have to up the strengh training considerably to be as weak as you are now

I'd bet against it. But words are air. I'll prove it with my actions.

I'm not as good physically now with my age, but my psychological state and wisdom is leagues ahead, almost godlike. And it'll get better.

There have been crazy old men with amazing numbers in their lifts. I can conquer my goals.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

I'm not as good physically now with my age, but my psychological state and wisdom is leagues ahead, almost godlike. And it'll get better.

There have been crazy old men with amazing numbers in their lifts. I can conquer my goals.
“Almost godlike”

oh my....

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

your age, ? i thought you were 30, thats as good as it gets, your in your prime years

i am a crazy old man thats lifting more than you!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
They do. And muscle strength is the foundation of muscle endurance. AND SPEED. You can't have the endurance to lift 100 pounds for 20 reps if your max STRENGTH capacity is 101 pounds for one rep.

Yeah, but you were trashing a pro fighter's methods in which he was clearly working on muscular endurance in different leverage positions for higher reps. If you've fought for extended periods of time, you'd know that your arms get tired from keeping them held up in guard.

Having a good 1RM in bench won't help that. It will elevate your potential 20/30/40RM, but if you don't do the sort of endurance work your musculature won't have acclimatised and simply won't be used to that.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to have to prove yourself... but you really don't have to do that anymore. You don't have to appear 'tough' or 'strong', if you're doing all this to prove something to yourself, well how long can that go? I've seen people keep that up indefinitely due to insecurities within themselves that they're unwilling to look at...

You don't have to be right, or know all the answers. And you don't have to prove you're tough. You seem to just constantly want to prove points. Why? Doesn't seem like a healthy mindset or way to live in general...

It's great to have goals. Goals with integrity that are filled with passion that light you up. It is however another whole thing to be on the defensive all your life, trying to prove points and prove you were 'right'. Cos I tell ya, whatever you 'prove' to us will be long forgotten fairly soon... don't worry about changing our minds or enlightening anyone, feels like quite a burden you've put on yourself...

All just food for thought of course, up to you what you do with it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen, Karate boy, that's at best 10% of the whole content.

Give me a bone man, I'm trying hard to be a YouTube star.

I also showed that I'm an avid player of the game Final Fantasy 14. Just watch it and click like if you like it.
So, it seems you ranged far and wide in that. But you haven’t convinced me it’s worth watching. Any bonus tracks or outtakes?