Lofty Claims in Martial Arts Advertisement

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gracie deserved to have his Neo-Tranzoridian butt whooped. It is not honorable to disregard the Male Strip-o-Gram of Martial Challenge.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so glad that I wasn't eating or drinking when I read the above reportage - I'm also glad that there wasn't a mirror nearby to reflect back at me my slack-jawed-idiot expression as I emit an astonished "Whaa ...?!".

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is not honorable to disregard the Male Strip-o-Gram of Martial Challenge.

Strip-o-gram? I think I missed something, somewhere... (-tries not think of male strippers-), LOL

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And who said all the fun went out of MA! Master Bristol used to post on a forum I use - SFUK (Submission Fighting UK) where people have a tendency to say what they think lol!

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Master Bristol is not just the ultimate martial artist, he's also the ultimate lover.

Through travels all over Europe and America as a talented stage magician, Hans Eric Bristol met and befriended the world's well-known celebrities and public figures. Hans tells own his true life encounters with Princess Diana, Prince Charles, Prime Minister of France, Antony Hopkins, John Travolta, Slyvester Stallone, and many more. In 1996, Hans Eric Bristol was appointed the Chairman of Athletics by the Prime Minister of Switzerland. He made frequent trips to the White House where he advised the president on the U.S.'s health and athletic programs. In his book, Hans Eric Bristol revealed his controversial torrid two week love affair with first lady, Hillary Clinton, along with dilemma he had with the Swiss tabloid that ensued afterward.
"Hillary and I would take long walks out in the White House rose garden. Chelsea would sometimes follow. I remembered the day August 18, 1996 at 9 in the morning when I first kissed Hillary. In the garden, there would be this large maple tree. Hillary and I walked under it. Hillary turned around and hugged me and said, "Do you know that you are a wonderful man." She leaned forward and kissed me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Chelsea looking on in the distance. She smiled. For the next two weeks we went on outings and we would have long, passionate episodes of kissing and fondling whenever the secret service agents cannot see us. Though being an older women, she had the vivaciousness of a twenty -year-old coupled with the charm and discipline of a mature women.".... "We ended the affair after two weeks when I left to go back home. Though we never slept together, I can tell in Hillary's eyes that if this world were free of judgement and gossip, we would be together forever. She was my heart. I had what her husband lacked. Chelsea knew of our affair and approved of us. I cannot speak for her, but I felt that I had everything that her father didn't have."​

_Don Flatt​

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Strip-o-gram? I think I missed something, somewhere... (-tries not think of male strippers-), LOL

From Kosho Gakkusei's post:

Ever since Hans Eric Bristol started sending Rickson Gracie numerous challenges, Rickson has not responded. Hans even used a male stripper messenger service to deliver the challenge to Rickson himself at his school in Pacific Palisades, California on January 23, 2004 to invoke a response from him. Still, nothing.

Again, one does not disregard the Strip-o-Gram of Challenge. Whole chapters have been devoted to this breach of etiquette in the Asian texts of lore.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, another point comes to my mind about this rush to Black Belt. There are those who make these statements of revelation that they figured out, contrary to traditional time tables, that you can reach "Black Belt" quicker than previously thought!

Lloyd Irvin said:
"Why It Doesn't Take 10 Years To Get A Black Belt (We've All Been Lied To)"

In my opinion, this is the sign of a naive, inexperienced Martial Artist. This just goes to show that a person can have great physical talent, win championships, and still not be enlightened to the truth about teaching the Art. The wise Masters of the past who set these lengthy time tables for achieving Black Belt did not do so because it was not possible to learn this material in a short time. They did so because of the maturity required of someone who was learning a deadly art. Serious, dedicated instructors understand the responsibility of teaching what we know, and have more integrity and ethics than to rush to teach someone you barely know who they are, or what their intentions are, such a deadly skill.

One could admire Lloyd Irvin for what he has accomplished, but he would not be the first who was able to learn quickly, and have a natural talent for this knowledge. What I don't respect about his website is that he is attempting to make the unjustified transition from student, and athlete, to an all knowing Master who reveals that he has discovered it does not take 10 years to reach Black Belt. If I could stay in business doing so, I would make students wait longer.

Only an uneducated Black Belt (perhaps one who rushed to that level themselves) would presume to know better than all of the Grandmasters who came before him, and dispense with he time requirements for a student to mature in the Art, and for the instructor to get to know that student, having a great influence on that person's life, character, self-control, and discipline before teaching them the most advanced, deadly techniques.

I'm not impressed with anyone who makes such claims!

Chief Master D.J. Eisenhart

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Again, one does not disregard the Strip-o-Gram of Challenge. Whole chapters have been devoted to this breach of etiquette in the Asian texts of lore.
True, but in Brazillian ettiquite the Male Strip-o-Gram is acknowledging the others superior skills and stating the subservience of the sender to the recipient. Knowing that you could understand Ricksons confusion on the challenge and the surprise he encountered given Master Bristol's apparent dominance in the Neo-Tranzoridian realm.

_Don Flatt

Latest Discussions