Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... covid strikes again... my partner got it for the first time and then I got it for my second time. Pretty much as horrendous as the first time and been very unwell... It's been a week and feel pretty much the same, so just resting (of course trying to train haha) and drinking a LOT of water and herbal teas.

Have had to cancel about 7 different things I had on (including the same local tournament as last year that I also missed due to covid), but I had to miss out on my high school 20 year reunion. I'm really, reeeally shattered to miss this... and felt it would be quite healing to go back and see everyone.

So just ranting as am just a bit over it... covid just hits me so hard and just ain't feelin' well.

Luckily a couple of guys from the reunion reached out and said they'd love to catch up for a dinner with us all, as a few couldn't make it. So was really touched by that and lifted my spirits a bit.

Anyway, hope you're all well and taking care of yourselves.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well... covid strikes again... my partner got it for the first time and then I got it for my second time. Pretty much as horrendous as the first time and been very unwell... It's been a week and feel pretty much the same, so just resting (of course trying to train haha) and drinking a LOT of water and herbal teas.

Have had to cancel about 7 different things I had on (including the same local tournament as last year that I also missed due to covid), but I had to miss out on my high school 20 year reunion. I'm really, reeeally shattered to miss this... and felt it would be quite healing to go back and see everyone.

So just ranting as am just a bit over it... covid just hits me so hard and just ain't feelin' well.

Luckily a couple of guys from the reunion reached out and said they'd love to catch up for a dinner with us all, as a few couldn't make it. So was really touched by that and lifted my spirits a bit.

I had covid 3 times, but for me all 3 were just like a bad cold

Hope you feel better soon

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

Get well soon.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear this. I still avoid crowds and wear a FFP3/2 mask when I can’t. It’s an infection that people have forgotten about.

If you’ve lost your sense of smell, order essential oils (lemon, clove, rose and eucalyptus) to begin your smell retraining.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know, _Simon_, that the Saturn V moon rocket weighed as much as a Navy frigate and yet, 60 seconds after launch it was travelling at the speed of sound?! 90 seconds after that it was travelling at nine times the speed of sound!!😳

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh no! I’m really sorry to hear this. I still avoid crowds and wear a FFP3/2 mask when I can’t. It’s an infection that people have forgotten about.

If you’ve lost your sense of smell, order essential oils (lemon, clove, rose and eucalyptus) to begin your smell retraining.
Thank you... yeah very much feels many have forgotten about it. It's still pretty serious when I get it and I don't wish it on anyone. I just hope it doesn't last as long as the first time (incredibly sick for 3 or so weeks, then lingering effects for I'd say close to 6 months).

Yeah smell and taste only slightly dissipated, cheers for that.
Did you know, _Simon_, that the Saturn V moon rocket weighed as much as a Navy frigate and yet, 60 seconds after launch it was travelling at the speed of sound?! 90 seconds after that it was travelling at nine times the speed of sound!!😳
I certainly did not know that! Appreciate the tidbit mate :)

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Did you know that stegosaurus had been extinct for 80million years before the emergence of tyrannosaurus rex?
Did you know that the realistic rate of accuracy for carbon dating is only between 30%-50%? The longer the rate (farther back in time) the less accurate it is.

Before you ask, no, I do not think the planet is only 6,000 years old.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that the realistic rate of accuracy for carbon dating is only between 30%-50%? The longer the rate (farther back in time) the less accurate it is.

Before you ask, no, I do not think the planet is only 6,000 years old.
Don’t the cross reference C14 dating with things like dendrchronology etc? Apparently radiocarbon dating is all messed up for the future because of nuclear bomb testing, Chernobyl/Fukushima.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
what ever happened to the internet?!
It used to take me a couple of hours to browse new content
Now I am doom-scrolling FB and scold myself for looking at the same boring junk again!

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t the cross reference C14 dating with things like dendrchronology etc? Apparently radiocarbon dating is all messed up for the future because of nuclear bomb testing, Chernobyl/Fukushima.
Carbon dating is most accurate for samples less than 50,000 years old. Uranium-thorium dating is best for samples less than 1 million years old. Uranium-lead dating is best used for samples 1 million to 4.5 billion years old.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what ever happened to the internet?!
It used to take me a couple of hours to browse new content
Now I am doom-scrolling FB and scold myself for looking at the same boring junk again!
I cancelled my FB account after the inquiry held into the suicide of 14 yr old Molly Russell after she viewed content on FB. The mealy mouthed testimony from the META representative disgusted me as it was clear META’s only motivation was making money regardless of the consequences for their (young) users.

Not using FB was a little discombobulating at first as it quickly becomes a bad, and potentially damaging, habit. Sometimes it’s limiting because amateur groups and associations often use it as their only public-facing platform. But I feel I needed to take the higher moral ground.

Latest Discussions