Last Poster #7

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't take it due to gastric issues.... I have to depend on Tylenol..... not as good, but it works.... a little
The VA docs wanted to prescribe a bunch of narcotics, this was a compromise.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really mad about this 😠 They should tell you, at school, that ageing is accompanied by increasing pain. I didn’t sign up for this 🙁

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Same, but prescription strength. I try not to take it unless absolutely necessary.
I take a Diclofenac (prescription strength Advil) daily. But I have had a ton of structural injuries and surgeries.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take a Diclofenac (prescription strength Advil) daily. But I have had a ton of structural injuries and surgeries.
Mine is prescribed for my back damage. If you don’t have scars, you didn't play hard enough! 😂

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well.... again, I know you will all be jealous..... but the dentist said I need a crown replaced and right next to that a new crown.... sorry... you just can't go to my dentist and get crowns on your teeth

treating+crowned+tooth+pain-1920w.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also have to say, I grew up in a medical family, I worked in hospitals, have relatives that are in medicine and my wife is a doctor. Add to that I an dealing with Gastritis.... there is a post on MT that, every time I read the title, I interpret very differently than what it is about

"Oh my, another GI question"

I don't read that as Gi as in martial arts uniform.... I read that as GI.... Gastrointestinal...every single time

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s used with great caution in the U.K. due to it’s links with cardiac issues. It used to be very popular and you can still get it in those topical gels.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
End users are annoying me today. They're not doing anything out of the ordinary, just being end users..not understanding how computers work, arguing over whether or not they did things they clearly did, submitting tickets without info, ignoring emails asking to confirm if something is fixed, calling me directly instead of the helpdesk to try and avoid the level 1s...
All minor things, all common, but they're bugging me today.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
End users are annoying me today. They're not doing anything out of the ordinary, just being end users..not understanding how computers work, arguing over whether or not they did things they clearly did, submitting tickets without info, ignoring emails asking to confirm if something is fixed, calling me directly instead of the helpdesk to try and avoid the level 1s...
All minor things, all common, but they're bugging me today.
Welcome to my world, kinda sorta.

However the new ticketing system is so horrible, and I am not really obliged to follow it since I am a gov employee and not state, I do have users who come directly to me to get an issue fixed quickly, instead of the 2 days (no exaggeration) they have to wait with the ticketing system. And they will except thier fate if I tell them that is outside my purview and they need to submit a ticket.

Should also note the folks that control the ticketing system never contact me... and purposely exclude me.....that is unless it is something they can't fix.... then I become their best friend in the world....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another fun day in IT

Got to love it.... I find a pile of equipment on a cart that is for surplus, I ask the Corp helpdesk folks about it, asking is that for surplus, if so, I need a list. I get a response with an attached list saying it may be in this list, just take it and check..... I can't believe I had to respond and tell him...no, that is what I just asked you to do..... when your done, give me the list.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a health scare this week.
Felt blah to rotten. Decided I'd see a doc today.
Turns out all I needed was a good cry.
Not surprising having the total $h!t storm the last 3 years were.

The poor triage nurses. bless them.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a health scare this week.
Felt blah to rotten. Decided I'd see a doc today.
Turns out all I needed was a good cry.
Not surprising having the total $h!t storm the last 3 years were.

The poor triage nurses. bless them.
Sorry to hear that. I hope it things get better from here!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope it things get better from here!
thank you. I am feeling much better having gotten myself checked out and pretty much realizing what the issue was.
I am the stoic one, the one who keeps it together, but I reached a breaking point for the moment.
I will be Ok though

Latest Discussions