Last Poster #7

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was an extra in one of their crummy videos, I must have been cut out because I never saw myself in it. Did lots of extra work as a teenager in the 80s. Nothing good or memorable.
That’s awesome! Not a lot of work for Cajun kids in rock videos. One can dream though!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Not a lot of work for Cajun kids in rock videos. One can dream though!
It’s nowhere near awesome. I did it because i could make 200-300 in a day and take home all the catering food I could carry. I was in such greats as Bikini Island 2 ( ok this one was great because of watching 48 takes of topless beach volleyball that never made it into the film.) Over the Top, which you can still smell through the text when I write it. The Doors movie. Night of the Demons 2. Honestly, it’s a little embarrassing to admit to having anything to do with these awful productions but hey it paid the bills at the time. I never had a speaking role and I don’t think I can be seen for more than a second in any of them. Better than picking up trash on the freeway I guess.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near awesome. I did it because i could make 200-300 in a day and take home all the catering food I could carry. I was in such greats as Bikini Island 2 ( ok this one was great because of watching 48 takes of topless beach volleyball that never made it into the film.) Over the Top, which you can still smell through the text when I write it. The Doors movie. Night of the Demons 2. Honestly, it’s a little embarrassing to admit to having anything to do with these awful productions but hey it paid the bills at the time. I never had a speaking role and I don’t think I can be seen for more than a second in any of them. Better than picking up trash on the freeway I guess.
Really cool compared to walking ankle deep in water, picking crawfish from a farm. Or running a sling blade all day and cleaning fence line 😂

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, there's that mindset reflex. I saw "Bikini Island 2" and my mind saw "Bikini Atoll". I've always wanted to dive Bikini Atoll. But it's all tech diving, and Kim and Sue don't do tech diving, just rec. So it's not likely to happen.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
See, there's that mindset reflex. I saw "Bikini Island 2" and my mind saw "Bikini Atoll". I've always wanted to dive Bikini Atoll. But it's all tech diving, and Kim and Sue don't do tech diving, just rec. So it's not likely to happen.
81LnWVFssOL.jpg

Bikini and Enewetak atolls — are still more radioactive than Chernobyl and Fukushima,

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
81LnWVFssOL.jpg

Bikini and Enewetak atolls — are still more radioactive than Chernobyl and Fukushima,
True enough. But you're never actually on the atoll. You're living on the dive boat. And the radiation exposure on the water and on the wrecks is negligible, as long as you don't bring back souvenirs. And there are two government representatives on the boat whose sole purpose is to make sure nobody brings anything back.
And since I've already been diagnosed with 3 different types of cancer, and am just waiting for my spider powers to kick in from all the radiotherapy, I'm not bothered.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
True enough. But you're never actually on the atoll. You're living on the dive boat. And the radiation exposure on the water and on the wrecks is negligible, as long as you don't bring back souvenirs. And there are two government representatives on the boat whose sole purpose is to make sure nobody brings anything back.
And since I've already been diagnosed with 3 different types of cancer, and am just waiting for my spider powers to kick in from all the radiotherapy, I'm not bothered.
but what about........

tumblr_p0a6msQfn41wzw0ebo1_500.gif

GODZILLA!!!!!!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I’m absolutely certain that Bikini Atoll is a much better watch. If for some reason you feel that you have been a bad boy and require punishment then watch Over the Top. It’s dreadful in the worst way. The military academy I attended was co-opted into being extras for the opening scenes, I was the XO of the color guard. My best buddy beat up the child star which postponed filming for several days.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But the nuke tests are what made him and he feeds on radiation... and just incase you haven't noticed...lately he has trashed LA and Boston.... and I will never forgive him for trashing Boston
Yes, but we already noted that the radiation is on the atoll, and I wouldn't BE on the atoll. And I heard that Godzilla is as afraid of sharks as you, so I'll be safe in the water.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but we already noted that the radiation is on the atoll, and I wouldn't BE on the atoll. And I heard that Godzilla is as afraid of sharks as you, so I'll be safe in the water.
What about radioactive sharks….or sharks with laser beams on their heads?
1714006660814.jpeg

Latest Discussions