Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someone changed a password to an important account..... and told no one..... there was a time I would find out who did it and what they changed it too.... and I did find out who did it.... but I have yet to be told what it was changed too..... so.... I think I will be changing it soon.... and NOT telling them.... that I would never have done before..... but I am rather annoyed today so......I really need access to that account...... I am dead in the water without it....

Other than that...it's a good day

200.gif
Change the password to something insulting to the morons who can't adhere to protocol.
Which reminds me, I got another Gmail reminder that someone is fishing for my password.
Lifelock then? Is that efficient?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another one from my day....... apparently someone had the thought....Hey, If I remove the network admin rights from MY folder...then the network admins can't access and see what I have in there..... and they are right.... to a point..... that is until the network admin adds himself back to the rights on the folder and then locks you out...... its been a day....and its only half over....

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one from my day....... apparently someone had the thought....Hey, If I remove the network admin rights from MY folder...then the network admins can't access and see what I have in there..... and they are right.... to a point..... that is until the network admin adds himself back to the rights on the folder and then locks you out...... its been a day....and its only half over....
Your post really helps me to appreciate retirement.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lifelock claims to be good, However I have no experience with it
An old friend of mine knows more about computers and their related fields than anyone I know. His mom used to teach Advanced Computer Science at Cal Poly Tech and his father was the senior design engineer for IBM. He grew up playing with computers as his toys.

I asked him about Lifelock a couple years ago. He sternly advised me not to touch it with a ten foot pole. And if I did not to call him when it bites me on the backside.

I can’t tell you the details of what he said, he was talking in Geek and I’m not smart enough to speak Geek. But I know what Stay Away means.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
An old friend of mine knows more about computers and their related fields than anyone I know. His mom used to teach Advanced Computer Science at Cal Poly Tech and his father was the senior design engineer for IBM. He grew up playing with computers as his toys.

I asked him about Lifelock a couple years ago. He sternly advised me not to touch it with a ten foot pole. And if I did not to call him when it bites me on the backside.

I can’t tell you the details of what he said, he was talking in Geek and I’m not smart enough to speak Geek. But I know what Stay Away means.
I work in IT, but I have to admit, my geek is getting rusty.... I'm old and I speak old Geek....these youngins coming in I can't understand much at all with their New Geek..... kind of like Old English vs Modern English (the language, not the band) :)

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in IT, but I have to admit, my geek is getting rusty.... I'm old and I speak old Geek....these youngins coming in I can't understand much at all with their New Geek..... kind of like Old English vs Modern English (the language, not the band) :)
Don’t worry, I don’t speak it at all. I barely speak English….

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If that disappoints you, never read the kingkiller chronicles
a coworker heard that I like fantasy novels and recommended a book. The first half of the book read like a kind of bad YA novel, but not the worst. About halfway through the book, it took a turn. And that’s how I learned about a new genre of books: romantasy. Ugh.

If you like it, great. Not my cup of tea.

What happened? I haven't been on there in years...something going on or does no one use it anymore?
Yeah I’m curious too. Used to be very active. Mostly Brits, IIRC.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
a coworker heard that I like fantasy novels and recommended a book. The first half of the book read like a kind of bad YA novel, but not the worst. About halfway through the book, it took a turn. And that’s how I learned about a new genre of books: romantasy. Ugh.
You're not alone in that. General consensus I've seen is people like the fantasy elements of it, but get annoyed with all the romance aspects. And then it hits in the second book a part, similar to brent weeks, where it's very clearly the author badly writing his own sexual fantasies into the book, except written when he was a teenager (which I think the books initially were)

Latest Discussions