Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Another nice, calm morning on Martial Talk.
Goes great with a nice cup of Joe, though. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dead folk's SSNs are sometimes used that way -- so I'd encourage reporting it to the credit monitoring services and freezing his account. It won't even inconvenience him since he's not legitimately applying for credit anywhere. (Sorry, gallows humor) Lots of people's info has been leaked in so many breaches that I honestly tell people to assume they've been leaked somewhere.
Once a person dies, their ssn is no longer protected info. Pretty easy for bad guys to get as it’s publicly available.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Came up to Ohio to watch the eclipse at a friends house. Pretty amazing. Clear sky and we were in the path of totality. 4 minutes of nighttime in the middle of the day. Then once 5% of the sun came back out it was like morning.
I saw it too, we had a heavy cloud cover could not see the sun, but at about 95% coverage the corona lit things up. We only got to 97% coverage and it was briefly like dusk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Came up to Ohio to watch the eclipse at a friends house. Pretty amazing. Clear sky and we were in the path of totality. 4 minutes of nighttime in the middle of the day. Then once 5% of the sun came back out it was like morning.
A friend of mine is also in Ohio for the same reason. I’m glad the weather cooperated. Bet it was really cool.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You will need to go to a Chinatown to get good ones..... However as far a Chinatowns go, I would completely aviod the one in Washington DC, it ain't no Chinatown.... it has restaraunts in it with the signs in Chinese characters but....

邓肯甜甜圈 = Dunkin Donuts
周五 = Fridays
麦当劳 = McDonalds
汉堡王 =. Burger King

I kid you not....

we found one Chinese restaurant there. My wife ordered a dish that was basically a Noodle dish from Shanghai and it was all wrong, my wife told them this and there response was "this is how they make in in Shanghai". My wife's retort was "I have had this in Shanghai, several times, it is nothing like this at all" She got it taken off the bill and we left. The worst Chinatown I have ever been too...mostly because other than the use of Chinese characters, it has nothing to do with China or the Chinese. Also avoid Vancouver Chinatown, mostly homeless folks, prostitutes and drug dealers these days
Seattle has wonderful Asian food.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Todays Lunch

Xiaolongbao
d6096843-b41f-481b-831a-1ad02240fe6a.jpg

Char Siu Bao, but a slightly different Char Siu Bao
char-siu-bao_closeup_mini.jpg

And...
Gǎng shì dàntà (egg tart)
portuguese-egg-custard-tarts.jpg

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another rainy day in southern Louisiana. At this rate, I’ll never get my outdoor training area finished!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pretty much the same lunch today as the last two days..... but now I ahve a problem..... I'm out of Chinese leftovers :( ...... what the HECK will I eat for lunch tomorrow..... 😱

And I almost dropped my last Xiaolongbao on the floor...but I caught it..... that would have made me extra sad 😢

Latest Discussions