Last Poster #7

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is horrible. and airlines wonder why they are having money issues

We cancelled all flights, now its a fight to get a refund. Mrs Xue also found out that they cancelled one of our return flights and never let us know. We would have been stranded. We are changing origin airport and airline for this trip. I just keep adding more and more airlines to the list of carriers I will not use unless there is no other choice

Oh and during the entire conversation they are telling her she should have purchased flight insurance if she wanted her money back. But here is the thing, it would not have applied, it only applies to medical reasons.
This seems to be new behavior by the airlines. In all my years of travel for business, I never ran into any of this, nor heard of anyone having it happen. Now I hear stories about it from time to time, which is way too often.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This seems to be new behavior by the airlines. In all my years of travel for business, I never ran into any of this, nor heard of anyone having it happen. Now I hear stories about it from time to time, which is way too often.

Mrs Xue has been trying to book seats on Air Canada. Seat 1 cost less that seat 2 which costs less than seat 3...... all in the same exact section of the plane

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, seems to happen more with some airlines than others. I fly Alaska Airlines most of the time, and they seem pretty good. But maybe that's just a new thing that all the airlines are doing.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought I would find the best dumplings in Asia, but actually the best ones I had were in Ukraine. Amazing! Great with the beat stew.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I thought I would find the best dumplings in Asia, but actually the best ones I had were in Ukraine. Amazing! Great with the beat stew.

The best dumplings are at my house, after that, Beijing and then Chinatowns in Boston and NYC are a tie...in the right restaurant

The Gyoza I had were not the best, just the best within waking distance of my office

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
not one to give people derogatory nicknames.
But Cynthia the SLug has earned hers.

Now excuse me if I ready myself to go back to see here as I check on my husband in the ER.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ah awesome! Yeah some Yirgs just are... an experience haha. Magical!

No I can't say I've roasted an anaerobic! They're certainly popping up lot more nowadays, especially with alot of use in the barista championships. I wouldn't know how to approach, but always a good rule of thumb is to do your standard profile, see how it reacts in the roast and tweak from there on subsequent roasts. Any new bean this is what I do, trial and error at times, but I've been pleasantly surprised by some of my first roasts with a new bean! Although you're roasting with much larger volumes than me so understand the trepidation and not wanting to waste it!

Will do! Getting low on my greens supply actually, will have to order again soon.
Where do you order your beans from in Australia? I think you mentioned once, but I've forgotten.

Regarding waste, I've never messed up a roast so bad I couldn't drink it. Actually, I take that back... a couple of years ago, I totally lost track of this one and it's just short of "on fire". :D

1679424188484.png

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently had to overnight somewhere because his flight was changed, but apparently that's because something was broken on the plane. Or a screw missing or something.

Apparently one of my very upcoming long flights got moved by a couple hours. I am going to have to see how bad this will affect me. Hopefully I'm okay. I don't deal with flights getting moved a ton, but apparently it's my time to get hammered with this also.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently had to overnight somewhere because his flight was changed, but apparently that's because something was broken on the plane. Or a screw missing or something.

Apparently one of my very upcoming long flights got moved by a couple hours. I am going to have to see how bad this will affect me. Hopefully I'm okay. I don't deal with flights getting moved a ton, but apparently it's my time to get hammered with this also.

I simply don't get it....purchase a ticket for a flight...they change the flight..... If I go to a car dealership and by a red Jeep Wrangler and they change it to a Blue Jeep Patriot..... that's not OK.... but with airlines these days it seems to be SOP

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I simply don't get it....purchase a ticket for a flight...they change the flight..... If I go to a car dealership and by a red Jeep Wrangler and they change it to a Blue Jeep Patriot..... that's not OK.... but with airlines these days it seems to be SOP
I think some of it is legitimate challenges. They have to keep these planes in the air to financially, but have a lot of challenge doing that lately for one reason or another.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where do you order your beans from in Australia? I think you mentioned once, but I've forgotten.

Regarding waste, I've never messed up a roast so bad I couldn't drink it. Actually, I take that back... a couple of years ago, I totally lost track of this one and it's just short of "on fire". :D

View attachment 29652
Ah yikes, charcoal haha! Yeah even any roast I stuff up I still will try it, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised!

A few different sources, usually Coffeesnobs, ICT Greenroom up north I get alot from, all specialty grade. But looking at new places to explore actually :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here ya go! Even more reason to come to Australia! We're a progressive bunch, always on the move, welcoming to new things! Come have fun!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Should have listened to Kenny Loggins back in post #6,584....because after yesterday..... I am fed up with the whole thing... retirement is officially now less than 4 years away, I'm done...... and if one more person trys to tell me the corporate side and the state side are a team..... bang! zoom! straight to the moon!

so without further adieu my new attitude for the next 3 years, 11 months 1 week and 5 days

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There is no better way to "destress" 😬 after a long day of work, than an 8pm dental appointment where they literally blindfold you. They talk about your teeth and laugh in a language you don't understand, while keeping too much water in your mouth, and poke the instruments too far down your throat, making you defend you tonsils with your tounge, while trying to obey their orders to keep your mouth open. My body was so tenses I felt like I did a plank for 20 minutes during this "cleaning." That's some black site CIA stuff! On the bright side I have never had a stranger actually brush my teeth for me before!

Latest Discussions