Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well, unless your life depends on it, no running on concrete.
It kills me that my son's old High school had their track around the football field paved. that is insane.
gym floors are glorified concrete.
Those are not sport surfaces.
I know this, but never paid attention to it. The issue is that in my area, I can either run on a sidewalk, the street, or a treadmill, and I can't stand treadmills. Might just stick with biking for the foreseeable future.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyirg.

Sorry about that, love me some Yirgacheffe, just finished the last of my roast a few days ago. Suuuch a delicious bean, for filter AND espresso. Enjoy!
I think you're supposed to drink that stuff, not take it IV...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love it too. I think I roast it a little darker than the current trends, though. I like that fruitiness but it’s too acidic for my taste at a super light roast. View attachment 29594View attachment 29595
Any lightish roast is too acidic for me. Somehow, the more complex flavors in a lighter roast just don’t work for me. Dark roast all the way. Taste perception is weird.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is snowing here right now..... looks like a 5:30am morning to clear the driveway so Mrs Xue can get to her office.... and irt is supposed to still be snowing

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well.... still snowing....went out this morning to clear the driveway and the first thing my snowblower did was break.... shear pin.... so.... I shoveled my 160 foot driveway that at its narrowest point, where it meets the road, is 24 feet wide..... was that ever fun....and here is the good news...its still snowing...so I will have to do it again this evening...... boy-o-boy we're having some fun now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
had to go downtown to pick up a package.
So I stopped by the library. A rare treat these days.
They put out a puzzle for the patrons to put together.
Today they had 2 out.
And both were awfully difficult.
One is a 1940ish print with vast expanses of like-looking textureless colors.
The other of a twin picture with the same theme in very similar colors and blurry background.
And for a change, it was a community event, as there was an older gentleman already puzzling when I invited myself to join.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Today they had 2 out.
The other of a twin picture with the same theme in very similar colors and blurry background.
And for a change, it was a community event, as there was an older gentleman already puzzling when I invited myself to join.
We have a local public library just down the hill from our house. My daughter goes down there often after school to get her homework done.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today they had 2 out.
I love working on puzzles.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm gonna watch bloodsport for like the 10th time lol. I've watched Lionheart before and also kickboxer, but blood sport has always been my favorite van damme film. I haven't watched the quest yet I don't think, unless that's the one when he joins the foreign legion. On a side note, there's some guys up here doing an offbrand kumite that's come to my knowledge. Not as organized as street beefs but more dangerous. From what I hear they only use refs if the other guy is knocked out and still getting pummeled, and I've heard stories about the people running it. It's a matter of time before it makes the news, it's very unsafe. I hope I'm wrong but it's easy for someone who knows how to do blood chokes to choke someone out and not realize they are out and keep applying pressure. Dangerous stuff man.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was downtown at a library yesterday too… I did not see any puzzles.

I think we live in different cities
I would guess so.
But you could probably ask them if it was an option as a community project.
All it takes is a table and a puzzle.
Maybe the need of one patron to donate one or both of the items.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure you could bring in your own puzzles if they don't have any, to do as a group.
I used to go down to my library to play chess. They had a few boards, and I could pull one out and play with a friend. About half the time, someone would watch and we'd invite them to join.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of puzzles....and I don't think my library is either, never seen one there. Use to do the occasional puzzle, puzzles other people started, but not anymore

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of puzzles....and I don't think my library is either, never seen one there. Use to do the occasional puzzle, puzzles other people started, but not anymore
I love puzzles, but not the jigsaw variety. I like things like the Greek computer puzzle, puzzle boxes, that sort of stuff.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I love puzzles, but not the jigsaw variety. I like things like the Greek computer puzzle, puzzle boxes, that sort of stuff.

Just admit it, you probably have several different jigsaw puzzles, like this, you have finished, framed and mounted on your walls

65209Bacon.jpg

Latest Discussions