Last Poster #7

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just completed Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4 (I know it came out years ago and the sequel is out now, but hey I'm okay with being well behind!). EPIC, EPIC game. Rich, complex story and amazing scenery, depth, game play and just... everything. I love the juxtaposition and intertwining coexistence of the "old" tribal world and the futuristic world of machines. Fascinating. Highly recommended.
Simon,
How did you know I like good scenery and good story? :eek:
Oh you were not trying to tag me with "Rich, complex story and amazing scenery, depth, game play and just... "

My mistake :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just completed Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4 (I know it came out years ago and the sequel is out now, but hey I'm okay with being well behind!). EPIC, EPIC game. Rich, complex story and amazing scenery, depth, game play and just... everything. I love the juxtaposition and intertwining coexistence of the "old" tribal world and the futuristic world of machines. Fascinating. Highly recommended.
Totally agree. Loved that game... and the sequel.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weather update for @Xue Sheng. It's been sunny and warm the last couple days, with temps in the low 60's. But a bit breezy. Winds in the 60-70MPH have been common, and at Cheyenne Mountain a 105MPH gust was recorded.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing it for a while, but I rarely pay more than about $20 for a game (too many don't hold my attention long enough to risk more to find out), so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've been eyeing it for a while, but I rarely pay more than about $20 for a game (too many don't hold my attention long enough to risk more to find out), so I haven't gotten around to it yet.
You know, I started subscribing to Xbox game pass and the Playstation plus, and there are so many games included. God of War is the first new game I've played in a long time. Most of the games are included in the subscriptions. YMMV

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh I'm sort of the same! Although it may be more that I'm just really slow with only playing bits at a time (just a casual gamer), that I'm so far behind, so end up buying games when their prices are reduced way down. But yes I highly recommend it. It is a longer game depending on if you wanna do all the side quests and errands etc, or just main story quests. I still clocked 80-90 hours though! And still have the Frozen Wilds expansion to do on there actually.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
another 1000 dollar breakfast.
I would probably be lying if I said I can tell a difference between store bought eggs and home layed ones, but they are really good.
I am getting between 2 and 3 a day so far.
Even with eating 3 a meal, I don't fix them that often, I am compiling a nice little stock of eggs.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would probably be lying if I said I can tell a difference between store bought eggs and home layed ones, but they are really good.
Even with eating 3 a meal, I don't fix them that often, I am compiling a nice little stock of eggs.
Do the chickens get to roam the garden? Bugs and fresh veg diets help flavor the eggs.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
We call this the folly of the free egg.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do the chickens get to roam the garden? Bugs and fresh veg diets help flavor the eggs.
well, we are working on things. I need them to poop more on the veggie plot. not much grew this year (It is a work in progress) but I am having a predatory weenie and a hawk, so the roaming part will be restricted.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh I'm sort of the same! Although it may be more that I'm just really slow with only playing bits at a time (just a casual gamer), that I'm so far behind, so end up buying games when their prices are reduced way down. But yes I highly recommend it. It is a longer game depending on if you wanna do all the side quests and errands etc, or just main story quests. I still clocked 80-90 hours though! And still have the Frozen Wilds expansion to do on there actually.
That's definitely part of it, for me. I'm not an early adopter in gaming. I rarely know when a new game is coming out - I just find stuff when someone posts a let's-play video, usually.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend got some chickens some years ago and was....overwhelmed with how many eggs they produced. They ended up having to find folks who wanted the occasional basket of eggs, just to get rid of them.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It can happen fast.
I don't know how there could be any difference between store bought and home layed eggs unless you are in a very uncontrolled country that uses hormones on the chickens to speed growth and laying.
In the U.S. the bloom gets washed off, so all the eggs sold in stores have to be refrigerated. The eggs we sell or give away have the bloom on them. White and brown eggs, and one hen that lays a bluish egg plus duck and goose eggs. They all taste the same to me.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's definitely part of it, for me. I'm not an early adopter in gaming. I rarely know when a new game is coming out - I just find stuff when someone posts a let's-play video, usually.
On this tip, check out DAYZ. It’s just an experience unlike any other. Not the best or the prettiest or the most action filled. A completely unique game experience.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
It can happen fast.
I don't know how there could be any difference between store bought and home layed eggs unless you are in a very uncontrolled country that uses hormones on the chickens to speed growth and laying.
In the U.S. the bloom gets washed off, so all the eggs sold in stores have to be refrigerated. The eggs we sell or give away have the bloom on them. White and brown eggs, and one hen that lays a bluish egg plus duck and goose eggs. They all taste the same to me.
Duck and goose tastes the same as chicken to you? I can hardly believe that. I don’t care for duck eggs, but goose eggs can make a meringue that is a foot tall. How bout Quail eggs?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A friend got some chickens some years ago and was....overwhelmed with how many eggs they produced. They ended up having to find folks who wanted the occasional basket of eggs, just to get rid of them.
you can store eggs for a shockingly long time: you put unwashed clean eggs in limewater they last well for 2 years!

Latest Discussions