Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We've been having a rash of thefts from people's mailboxes over the last six months. I was told this morning that a couple guys up the street caught one of the culprits red handed. They apparently thwarted his attempt, locked him in his own trunk and called the cops........eventually.

Use to work with a guy from Fairbanks Alaska. He was telling me about an old guy that lived just outside the city limits, where they no longer plowed. Apparently the guy looked outside (in winter) and saw 2 guys trying to steal his 4X4. He shot them both. The state police came and took the thieves and that was that. Apparently in Alaska, at least at that time, taking a guys 4x4 in winter is thought of as attempted murder so he was justified to shoot them

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Use to work with a guy from Fairbanks Alaska. He was telling me about an old guy that lived just outside the city limits, where they no longer plowed. Apparently the guy looked outside (in winter) and saw 2 guys trying to steal his 4X4. He shot them both. The state police came and took the thieves and that was that. Apparently in Alaska, at least at that time, taking a guys 4x4 in winter is thought of as attempted murder so he was justified to shoot them
I'm totally onboard with that. Alaska is not an easy place to live.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We've been having a rash of thefts from people's mailboxes over the last six months. I was told this morning that a couple guys up the street caught one of the culprits red handed. They apparently thwarted his attempt, locked him in his own trunk and called the cops........eventually.
On of the dumb maga neighbors accidentally shot him self in the leg. That’s the excitement around here lately. At least he didn’t shoot anyone else.
I'm totally onboard with that. Alaska is not an easy place to live.
reminds me of an old joke.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On of the dumb maga neighbors accidentally shot him self in the leg. That’s the excitement around here lately. At least he didn’t shoot anyone else.

reminds me of an old joke.
And that joke is.........:)

(I already have the rim shot loaded.)

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My day in IT, so far can be covered by two pictures..... my commentary on my day so far, and what I REALLY have wanted to say to several people, several times today

My commentary on my day so far
200.gif

What I have wanted to say..many times..to many people
idiot-you-eediot.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And the fun continues today....Whaddaya mean you don’t have time to read 50 pages of documentation we sent you with the new system you now have to deal with, amongst the other 500 you are currently responsible for.... and after that interaction...it took them all of 2 minutes to answer my question and give me all the info I need..... I'm thinking reading a 50-page document would take a bit longer....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After yesterday...and dealing with today.......and if I lived alone...... I have to say.... I am very tempted to and buy a 6 pack of this...and drink it....

1662579820997.jpeg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marinating salmon and tuna steaks in a little soy, citrus, and light brown sugar brine. They don't need much, so full of flavor, about 3 hours soak and then an hour on the smoker.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Marinating salmon and tuna steaks in a little soy, citrus, and light brown sugar brine. They don't need much, so full of flavor, about 3 hours soak and then an hour on the smoker.
I don't do much with tuna, but don't forget to get that pellicle on the salmon. Super important step that so many people miss.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well it is nice to see my days in the office in IT this week are consistent....ly bad

It is great when someone is having an IT issue, and they ask for help from the wrong people. Just happened, they asked asked another administrative type, who told them what to do....most unfortunately it was wrong, I was standing there, and told then what they needed to do...but the person that told them first, although not in my chain of command, is hire up the food chain than I so...they are listening to them...and the original person insists I am wrong.....nothing is working, and it is not going to..but then....everything I need is working today...for a change...so...Whatever...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well it is nice to see my days in the office in IT this week are consistent....ly bad

It is great when someone is having an IT issue, and they ask for help from the wrong people. Just happened, they asked asked another administrative type, who told them what to do....most unfortunately it was wrong, I was standing there, and told then what they needed to do...but the person that told them first, although not in my chain of command, is hire up the food chain than I so...they are listening to them...and the original person insists I am wrong.....nothing is working, and it is not going to..but then....everything I need is working today...for a change...so...Whatever...
/shrug
Come back when you are ready to listen to the people who know

And pour some tea.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love a good cigar. Haven't had any cigars in three years or so. Off I went to get a handful, only to find the store out of business. There's very few places here that have cigars, period, never mind quality cigars.

I immediately got on the coconut wireless. (local slang term for putting the word out)

Heard back on where to go, called the place, and shall go in the morning.

Damn, if that ain't right and just I don't know what is.

Latest Discussions