Last Poster #7

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my high school classmate just pasted away from COVID last week. He didn't even know that he had COVID. One day he had breathing problem. He then tested postive. Soon he died that day.

Is COVID really over? I don't think so.

I still wear my facemask when I go out. Do your guys still wear mask when going out?
I work in a hospital so there yes. Otherwise no. I am not out much.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my high school classmate just pasted away from COVID in Taiwan last week. He didn't even know that he had COVID. One day he had breathing problem. He then tested postive. Soon he died that day.

I still wear my facemask when I go out. Do your guys still wear mask when going out?
I'm so sorry for your loss mate...

It's no longer mandatory here (but still mandatory to wear in hospitals, aged care settings, and on public transport), but our medical association is strongly recommending it and calling for us all to wear them in places we can't socially distance. Our hospital system is completely overwhelmed and struggling hard at the moment (with flu and covid cases, the constant sheer high number of cases still means hospitalisations). I've started wearing it again in shops and supermarkets for this reason.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my high school classmate just pasted away from COVID in Taiwan last week. He didn't even know that he had COVID. One day he had breathing problem. He then tested postive. Soon he died that day.

That mirrors MT member Ballen's story: Feeling a little off, then his fit bit went haywire as his blood oxygen dropped like a rock.

No, COVID is not over. I mask up everywhere I go. I have no illusions about the effectiveness of my masks. I think I will need to buy some good ones.
So far so good. I have been vaccinated as soon as I was eligible, and boosted once at doctor's orders. At this point, the doctor's recommendation was not to get the 2nd booster. I had chemo and my body started to give me the middle finger...

Many hugs to you and prayers for the family.
We know so much more about diseases than we did in 1918 and the Spanish Flu.
Then again, as the Curded Blood Incident of 2005 indicated, people are jerks and deliberately spread the plague.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am sorry to hear this.

Covid is not over. The state of California still recommends wearing masks when indoors with large crowds or people not in your immediate family, but they won’t make it a mandate. People probably are no longer willing to tolerate it, on a large scale.

I still wear an N95 mask any time I go into an indoor public space, like shopping. It isn’t necessary outdoors unless you are mixing in a large crowd. Outdoor transmission is very unlikely.

Get your vaccinations and get your boosters, and mask up where appropriate. It is up to the individual to make the smart decisions now, to keep yourself and your family safe.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That mirrors MT member Ballen's story: Feeling a little off, then his fit bit went haywire as his blood oxygen dropped like a rock.

No, COVID is not over. I mask up everywhere I go. I have no illusions about the effectiveness of my masks. I think I will need to buy some good ones.
So far so good. I have been vaccinated as soon as I was eligible, and boosted once at doctor's orders. At this point, the doctor's recommendation was not to get the 2nd booster. I had chemo and my body started to give me the middle finger...

Many hugs to you and prayers for the family.
We know so much more about diseases than we did in 1918 and the Spanish Flu.
Then again, as the Curded Blood Incident of 2005 indicated, people are jerks and deliberately spread the plague.
It should say 'Corrupted Blood Incident'
Duh......
/deleted WoW off computer.....

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this.

Covid is not over. The state of California still recommends wearing masks when indoors with large crowds or people not in your immediate family, but they won’t make it a mandate. People probably are no longer willing to tolerate it, on a large scale.

I still wear an N95 mask any time I go into an indoor public space, like shopping. It isn’t necessary outdoors unless you are mixing in a large crowd. Outdoor transmission is very unlikely.

Get your vaccinations and get your boosters, and mask up where appropriate. It is up to the individual to make the smart decisions now, to keep yourself and your family safe.
True story, one of my sifus has been convinced by supposed doctor friends of his that flu kills more people than COVID. This particular dude taught me 12 different CMAs and a couple SE Asian ones.

I don't have the heart to tell him he's wrong. We don't always see eye to eye on external topics, but he's Neigong master so I listen with more than just my ears. Masters say the craziest things.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True story, one of my sifus has been convinced by supposed doctor friends of his that flu kills more people than COVID. This particular dude taught me 12 different CMAs and a couple SE Asian ones.

I don't have the heart to tell him he's wrong. We don't always see eye to eye on external topics, but he's Neigong master so I listen with more than just my ears. Masters say the craziest things.
Yeah, we all have people in our lives around whom we need to tiptoe, and can’t be honest with.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss.

COVID is not over, and it will never be over. A virus doesn't just vanish.

Most of the flu variants people catch today are variants of the 1918 epidemic.

Over time, vaccines will become more effective, and the virus will continue to mutate. In an ideal outcome, these new variants will be less contagious and cause less severe symptoms. More likely, the new variants will be at least as contagious and cause less severe symptoms. Because the most successful virus is one that is super contagious and causes mild symptoms.

Masks are no longer mandatory in most places. I still mask. Because chemo breaks your immune system.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

COVID is not over, and it will never be over. A virus doesn't just vanish.

Most of the flu variants people catch today are variants of the 1918 epidemic.

Over time, vaccines will become more effective, and the virus will continue to mutate. In an ideal outcome, these new variants will be less contagious and cause less severe symptoms. More likely, the new variants will be at least as contagious and cause less severe symptoms. Because the most successful virus is one that is super contagious and causes mild symptoms.

Masks are no longer mandatory in most places. I still mask. Because chemo breaks your immune system.
It's amazing we have vaccines for this at all, isn't it, but not for HIV. If you catch HPV, at least you can now file claims with GEICO, whether you got that vaccine or not.

Watched David Spade's new comedy special last night, he nailed it. Three vaccines available from three different vendors within a couple weeks? Was it one week? Was it four?

And... they're off. Moderna, Pfizer, and AZ as track horses. Place your bets. That was genius.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the COVID started and I started to wear face mask, I haven't had any cold for the past 4 years. Face mask not only protect me from COVID, it also protects me from other problems (such as to hide my face).
Yup. I'm wearing a mask as well not just for covid but in general. I likely wouldn't have any kids do it, they need to build up their immunity, but after that I don't see any negatives to wearing a mask most places, only positives.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since the COVID started and I started to wear face mask, I haven't had any cold for the past 4 years. Face mask not only protect me from COVID, it also protects me from other problems (such as to hide my face).
I realized that I can avoid being miserable when cleaning out dusty corners in my house. Seems I am allergic to dust and the like. Also, the pollen thing isn't making me as miserable. Not that I am allergic, but some years the sheer volume causes irritation.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I still wear a facemark, probably always will.

I don't go anywhere anymore. Especially not to work, don't know if I'll ever go back. Both for safety reasons and I don't think I have the patience anymore to deal with A-holes. I'm afraid I'm just going to smack them when they go off the rails. Which they always do.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing we have vaccines for this at all, isn't it, but not for HIV. If you catch HPV, at least you can now file claims with GEICO, whether you got that vaccine or not.
Why is it amazing? We don't have a vaccine for the common cold, either. Because different virus.

While we may not yet have an HIV vaccine, human trials have begun on the latest prospect, and so far the results are promising. There are also meds available that are proven to reduce the risks of transmission. Some of these are taken by the infected person, some by an uninfected.

As for HPV, there has been a vaccine available for 15-20 years. It was first documented to help prevent some cervical cancers. Naturally, idiots decided that preventing cervical cancer promotes promiscuity and protested against it. It still protects against that. But HPV is also the cause of about 70% of all oropharyngeal cancers.

There will never be a vaccine against cancer. Because there are too many types with too many causes.
Of course it does. Not surprisingly, most respiratory infections are transmitted via droplets. If it makes you cough or sneeze, it's probably being transmitted. During the quarantine, we saw virtually no cases of the flu.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still wear a facemark, probably always will.

I don't go anywhere anymore. Especially not to work, don't know if I'll ever go back. Both for safety reasons and I don't think I have the patience anymore to deal with A-holes. I'm afraid I'm just going to smack them when they go off the rails. Which they always do.
I feel your pain. We worked through the quarantine. One of the things that convinced us to retire is the increase in the number and volume of utter douche canoes.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting. Why not? It's got a motor, headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals...
NY has laws about holes in the side of the vehicle and open to the passengers.
If it doesn't qualify as a motorcycle , there are absolute measurements for rust or cut holes

My Guess is that is falls into something in this area. :(

PS: I believe this is the first Last Poster Thread I have ever posted too. :eek:

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NY has laws about holes in the side of the vehicle and open to the passengers.
If it doesn't qualify as a motorcycle , there are absolute measurements for rust or cut holes

My Guess is that is falls into something in this area. :(
So.... how do they handle people taking the top and doors off their Wrangler?
PS: I believe this is the first Last Poster Thread I have ever posted too. :eek:
Now you're trapped. Grab some bacon and feed it to @Xue Sheng.

Latest Discussions