Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They really didn't.

I've never met any of them, but I'll know them siempre. And I'm not alone.

physically, all 3 are no longer with us, and it was in 3 days

Meat Loaf - September 27, 1947 - January 20, 2022
Louie Anderson - March 24, 1953 - January 21, 2022
Thich Nhat Hanh - October 11, 1926 - January 22, 2022

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
OH SURE!!!!! And now there is wet cat food and dof food shortage...... I blame the state of WASHINGTON!!!!!!

ok, I know its not really their fault.... but @Steve admitted to Washington hoarding cream cheese... so now I blame them for every shortage we have.....dang Washington state and all their hoarding :D
Wowza! Yeah we're struggling with shortages in eeeeverything haha, so many staff are in isolation or sick, barely any meat in the aisles, and everytime I've been to the shops, zero toilet paper, nada, ZILCH!

Yep, didn't think we'd face the toilet paper crisis again haha

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wowza! Yeah we're struggling with shortages in eeeeverything haha, so many staff are in isolation or sick, barely any meat in the aisles, and everytime I've been to the shops, zero toilet paper, nada, ZILCH!

That was one of the first things I addressed in early 2020... bidets all around. And my behind has never been happier.

Sorry, is that TMI? :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know so many people with Covid, or just getting over it, it boggles the mind. Learned yesterday that a half dozen more officers at work caught it. Then gave it to family members. On the mainland, about 90% of everyone I know either has it or had it.

But just as bad, some friends have completely gone off the rails. One will be retiring in a year, will buy a house in Arizona - and join a Militia. Known him forever, not something he ever would do. I can't even wrap my mind around this.

Another one did a complete 360. He’s suddenly sure Covid is fake, won’t get a booster shot either. But as of today, here on Maui, if you don’t have a booster shot you are considered not vaccinated and cannot go to a restaurant or bar, which he does all the time. And he doesn’t watch the. News so I know he doesn’t know this. Wish I could see the look on his face when he goes and can’t get in.

IT'S FIVE MINUTES LATER.....as I was about to hit the post button, my phone rang. I had a Doctors appointment today at 3:30.
Had to reschedule for a few weeks from now. They're closing the entire medical building, COVID running rampart. And this isn't a place that treats COVID.

My whole world has gone Zombie Apocalypse. Damn!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Just blame the state of Washington and @Steve, it's what I do :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know so many people with Covid, or just getting over it, it boggles the mind. Learned yesterday that a half dozen more officers at work caught it. Then gave it to family members. On the mainland, about 90% of everyone I know either has it or had it.

But just as bad, some friends have completely gone off the rails. One will be retiring in a year, will buy a house in Arizona - and join a Militia. Known him forever, not something he ever would do. I can't even wrap my mind around this.

Another one did a complete 360. He’s suddenly sure Covid is fake, won’t get a booster shot either. But as of today, here on Maui, if you don’t have a booster shot you are considered not vaccinated and cannot go to a restaurant or bar, which he does all the time. And he doesn’t watch the. News so I know he doesn’t know this. Wish I could see the look on his face when he goes and can’t get in.

IT'S FIVE MINUTES LATER.....as I was about to hit the post button, my phone rang. I had a Doctors appointment today at 3:30.
Had to reschedule for a few weeks from now. They're closing the entire medical building, COVID running rampart. And this isn't a place that treats COVID.

My whole world has gone Zombie Apocalypse. Damn!

Heard the other day that your Governor will not allow any tourist unless they have all THREE shots...1, 2, and booster..... Kind of takes out us Johnson $ Johnson folks.....

Meanwhile in France they are doing something similar to what Hawaii is doing with allowing access to things, with one exception. If you have recovered from Covid, you're good to go.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

Physically, all three are still taking up rent free space in my brain, until the end of my own time.

After that, who knows!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Do those death information bother you in any way?

Every time on the phone, if my friend talks about someone's death, I would always try to switch the subject. I prefer to talk about happy subject than to talk about sad subject.

I like "happy ending" for all the books and movies that I read and watch. May be I'm just not strong enough to deal with negative energy.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In other news, my 13 year old and I made bath bombs yesterday. Was incredibly easy and they turned out great. We also did a Pitch Perfect marathon over a few days. Those movies are ridiculous but fun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well the weekend (Friday night to Saturday) may or may not be a mess....
We may or may not be in the path of a Nor'easter...
Or we may be on the edge of it......

As for today, temps in the teens with windchills in the single digits..... welcome to winter in the Adirondacks....

Strange thing about all this...it has proven me to be a very strange old guy.... I want to retire and move further north......

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

As for today, temps in the teens with windchills in the single digits..... welcome to winter in the Adirondacks....

Strange thing about all this...it has proven me to be a very strange old guy.... I want to retire and move further north......
You go much further north and you will be in another country!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind moving back to Bellingham Washington. Beautiful up there.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, it has been an interesting afternoon. Got a phone call..... from a neighbor of my mother.....she has covid, and was at my mothers house last night.... My mother (90 years old) was at my house at the time... there was a person here remodeling the bathroom so she stayed here while he worked.... he was finished, she went to her car for something...and got locked out of the house....she had no coat..it was 18 degrees, she called me. Left work early to help, I work 30 minutes away...called 911... the police came, picked the lock, and got her inside......Per orders of Mrs Xue, aka Dr Xue, I had to make my mother ginger tea and make sure she drank it... she is now home, full of ginger tea, and warm....now we watch for Covid. She has had both vaccines, plus a booster and about a month ago also had covid.... so i think she will be ok

Last edited:

Latest Discussions