Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka

It is official....After training for 12 years (started at age 4), Jacob passed his black belt test today and is now 1st Dan.

He tested with 17 others....good day of testing with some good fights....only a couple bloody noses and lips.
Oh WOW! That is bloody fantastic, a massive congratulations to you Jacob, definitely well earned!!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I honestly do not remember where/when the bacon abhorrence began. Can you explain the backstory?

Easy...I do not like bacon...and bacon worshipers cannot understand that some would actually blaspheme their beloved bacon and they are offended by my freedom to dislike bacon and constantly try and puh bacon on me

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Easy...I do not like bacon...and bacon worshipers cannot understand that some would actually blaspheme their beloved bacon and they are offended by my freedom to dislike bacon and constantly try and puh bacon on me
All pork or bacon only?
Bizarre either way to shun one of the easiest to harvest, best tasting meats on the planet.
FWIW, I prefer smoked bacon which takes a little more work but taste SO much better.

One of the life skills we learned from the way we grew up was how to harvest our own meat. We slaughter 1-2 hogs and 1 beef every year and do all the processing and smoking ourselves. For the whole extended it ends up being 5-7 beef and 12-15 hogs/year. Weather used to allow this to be a Thanksgiving weekend affair every year. Now it is done in January.
It is a family affair and has made for some of my best (and worst) family memories.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are mistaken. There is no such thing as freedom to dislike bacon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
All pork or bacon only?
Bizarre either way to shun one of the easiest to harvest, best tasting meats on the planet.
FWIW, I prefer smoked bacon which takes a little more work but taste SO much better.

One of the life skills we learned from the way we grew up was how to harvest our own meat. We slaughter 1-2 hogs and 1 beef every year and do all the processing and smoking ourselves. For the whole extended it ends up being 5-7 beef and 12-15 hogs/year. Weather used to allow this to be a Thanksgiving weekend affair every year. Now it is done in January.
It is a family affair and has made for some of my best (and worst) family memories.
Spoken like a true baconist

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
A glass'o egg nog while roasting coffee on a 30°C day.

Cheers MT! To egg nog season!

20211206_155314.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be tired today. For some reason, I woke up at midnight, then at 2, and then at 3. And then I couldn't get back to sleep.

Latest Discussions