Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got asked to take part in a long-term study of my brain because of my severe covid. MRIs, blood tests, cognitive tests. I want to say yes and help out but every 3 months Id have to take a day off work, drive 2 hours each way and spend the entire day in the hospital. I expressed my concerns about missing work and driving that far and she said "well we will pay you $75 dollars and you get a boxed lunch and free parking" I ask if it was 75 bucks each time as that damn near what it will cost me in gas right now and she said no. Once at the end. I still might do it just to try and help someone else out but they dont want to make it easy lol.
I suspect it's less a matter of "want" and more a matter of funding.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a shame they don't make it easy. Some people just won't be bothered, but like you, a lot of folks would be happy to help if they could just get a little cooperation in return. It just baffles me how organizations seem to go out of their way to make doing good things harder... like they don't want you to say yes.
Im probably still going to do it. I think if I tell my boss what it is they will just let me have the day off and ill just eat the gas. Maybe I can help save someone else.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, it is that time of year when acid reflux shows up. I've been watching thing closely and avoided...until last night....it saddens me to say...the sake hit me hard....major acid reflux attack...... DANG IT!!!! now I can't have sake

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it is that time of year when acid reflux shows up. I've been watching thing closely and avoided...until last night....it saddens me to say...the sake hit me hard....major acid reflux attack...... DANG IT!!!! now I can't have sake
Or you can drink it with a protonix chaser?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka

It is official....After training for 12 years (started at age 4), Jacob passed his black belt test today and is now 1st Dan.

He tested with 17 others....good day of testing with some good fights....only a couple bloody noses and lips.

Attachments

• 20211204_164210.jpg
    20211204_164210.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 97

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Buka

It is official....After training for 12 years (started at age 4), Jacob passed his black belt test today and is now 1st Dan.

He tested with 17 others....good day of testing with some good fights....only a couple bloody noses and lips.
Man! That is freaking awesome!!!
Huge congratulations to him and a well done to you for being a great, engaged parent.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Buka

He has worked hard for that!

Latest Discussions