Last Poster #7

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my current experience I can understand how it is hard to differentiate. I feel totally fine today but of course will honor the 10-day quarantine. I have had zero fever and have never lost my taste or smell. I just felt cruddy for a few days.
My wife says she has completely lost her taste and smell. She has always had sinus issues so I assume this is a factor. She never had a fever but has more pronounced Flu-like symptoms. We are on day 6 since symptoms and day 5 since testing. There has been a mild outbreak at our church so we assume this is where we got it.

It has been hard on me not being able to go to job sites or interact with customers but manageable. Farming stuff is solo most of the time anyway. Property management is pretty self-guiding. Schools are running as usual.
My wife can do almost all of her work remote with the exception of hearings/trials/pre-trial which fortunately has not been an issue.

Depending on how you look at it, I suppose you could say it is just a cold (a coronavirus). The crud is the crud to me. Honestly, I felt pretty ripped off after getting tested. It cost me $300 and all it got me was "go to Walgreens and get some Zicam. Googling for Covid information is frustrating to say the least. The CDC site is hard for me to navigate and very circular on information. I have yet to find any information on why it causes loss of taste/smell. The lack of information (at least for a layperson) is appalling.

I do not like the information I have read about high doses of zinc so have shied away from the Zicam. We have used mullein all my life for cold/Flu. Seems to help considerably.
I don't think they're clear yet on why it causes loss of taste and smelling. They are related (smell is a large portion of taste), but not the same, so I suspect physiological psychologists will be studying this for many decades, along with the immunologists.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Around here that would be called a cup with a handle.
Sometimes it is just the simple things.
Pour 8 or 10 oz of nice, hot coffee into just a cardboard sleeve and let me know how that goes for you. Please consider sharing a video of it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pour 8 or 10 oz of nice, hot coffee into just a cardboard sleeve and let me know how that goes for you. Please consider sharing a video of it.
Now why in the world would I pour my hot drink into a hollow cardboard sleeve when I have plenty of porcelain cups with handles? Nothing to landfill or compost either.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Now why in the world would I pour my hot drink into a hollow cardboard sleeve when I have plenty of porcelain cups with handles? Nothing to landfill or compost either.

Is "cup with handles" referring to an actual cup with a handle or a zarf? I can't tell if you don't understand what we're talking about, or if you're just trying to be folksy and cute. In case it's the former, we're talking about the cardboard sleeve for hot coffee you buy at a shop like Starbucks, Caribou, or Dunkin. I think most people drink coffee from a cup or mug at home.

It's this thing circled below:

zarf.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is "cup with handles" referring to an actual cup with a handle or a zarf? I can't tell if you don't understand what we're talking about, or if you're just trying to be folksy and cute. In case it's the former, we're talking about the cardboard sleeve for hot coffee you buy at a shop like Starbucks, Caribou, or Dunkin. I think most people drink coffee from a cup or mug at home.

It's this thing circled below:

View attachment 27679
Wow, you really, really just embarrassed yourself. You mentioned the zarf in a previous post. You mentioned pouring liquid through a cardboard container in yet another post.
And you are asking me if I know what I am talking about? That is rich.
Try to keep up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wow, you really, really just embarrassed yourself. You mentioned the zarf in a previous post. You mentioned pouring liquid through a cardboard container in yet another post.
And you are asking me if I know what I am talking about? That is rich.
Try to keep up.

embarrassed? No. Confused? Oh yeah. And a little worried about your cognitive functioning right now. Seriously, you do understand that a zarf/coffee sleeve is not a cup. Right? One holds liquid, the other holds a cup. They aren’t the same thing. Are you okay?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
embarrassed? No. Confused? Oh yeah. And a little worried about your cognitive functioning right now. Seriously, you do understand that a zarf/coffee sleeve is not a cup. Right? One holds liquid, the other holds a cup. They aren’t the same thing. Are you okay?
Strike 2 & 3. And clearly you are confused.
But keep embarrassing yourself if you want to. Works for me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife hated the port more than anything else so far.
how mummed was she about not being able to shoot a rifle/shotgun on that side?
(I don't shoot, so I got a good giggle out of the deal)

Did she need/use a little pillow to protect it from the seatbelt? I made one, just in case (a 2 day project, picking the buttons took the longest)

Well, back to napping! :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminder to members:

If you don’t like someone, maybe just ignore them.
how mummed was she about not being able to shoot a rifle/shotgun on that side?
(I don't shoot, so I got a good giggle out of the deal)

Did she need/use a little pillow to protect it from the seatbelt? I made one, just in case (a 2 day project, picking the buttons took the longest)

Well, back to napping! :D
Sometimes, it's the picking that is the best part of a craft project.

Latest Discussions