Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
all I did was boil carrots and make a salad, the oldest made just about everything else. But my mother handled the pies....... Thanksgiving went very well, food was very good and it is nice to just sit here, with my knee n ice, listening to everyone else in the other room, playing cards, laughing and having fun....

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long story short wife and I had Thanksgiving out because closest family lives (driving time) 12 hours away.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Long story short wife and I had Thanksgiving out because closest family lives (driving time) 12 hours away.
Sorry to hear. Hope you can get together soon.
We had 8 of our kids and 11 of the grandkids here. As you might expect, it was... chaotic. But fun.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not holding my breath for normal family gatherings as the news of yet another variant hits the airwaves/broadband.
From South Africa, and apparently highly contagious. Even for the vaccinated.
Watch the prevention protocol!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had a small thanksgiving. Two kids and my wife are in Florida, and so it was just me, my daughter and her husband. So chill, and very relaxing. We made a maple syrup/Dijon glazed ham (something I’ve always wanted to do on thanksgiving my my wife won’t hear of it), roasted brussel sprouts, mashed taters, and a sage stuffing. Also had some pumpkin pie and lemon meringue.

We basically baked and cooked all morning, ate a big lunch, played some games, watched a couple episodes of Cowboy Bepop, and then finished by renting the new Bond movie.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We basically baked and cooked all morning, ate a big lunch, played some games, watched a couple episodes of Cowboy Bepop, and then finished by renting the new Bond movie.
What did you think of BeBop? I thought it was pretty fair, a real Bogart feel. But I've never seen the comics or anime that it's based on.
It is snowing here
It's only 68F here, But it snowed (without sticking) two days ago. Brrrr.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What did you think of BeBop? I thought it was pretty fair, a real Bogart feel. But I've never seen the comics or anime that it's based on.

It's only 68F here, But it snowed (without sticking) two days ago. Brrrr.
it is quite a good show. a real classic.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
there is a little nip in the air. just the right temperature for my mulled wine.
none of the white stuff for us.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not holding my breath for normal family gatherings as the news of yet another variant hits the airwaves/broadband.
From South Africa, and apparently highly contagious. Even for the vaccinated.
Watch the prevention protocol!
Yeah this one sounds rather concerning... they're watching it veeeeerrrrry closely to see whether it bypasses the vaccine, as apparently the variant contains a different spike protein to the one vaccines were based on... :s

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait...temperature dropped....all the grass is now covered with snow
Colder here today. I had to shut the windows. It's only going to reach 57F.

1638032288110.png

Latest Discussions