Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mrs Xue made red bean buns yesterday...she does not use canned beans of red bean paste. She slow cooks red beans into a paste and then makes the buns..she bake them this time instead of steaming them..... that was breakfast and they are yummy
Ah, she still loves you!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of our guys just retired from his second LE career.

Word is that, within 2 weeks, his wife was already sending job application in for him and setting up interviews...
LOL Thats why Im still working

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Used Car Prices are insane right now. So I bought a boat a few weeks ago with the intention of using my Jeep to tow it. Its too heavy my jeep isn't a fan. So I have a little commuter car to run back and forth to work since I work 90 miles away. I bought a VW Passat right before the Pandemic started. I paid $16,500 for the car. Since then I put about 25,000 miles on it in the last 18 months. So I went to the local Ford Dealer just to look at the trucks to pull my boat. They asked if they could look over my Passat and make an offer since they really need cars badly. My belief has always been that everything is for sale for the right price. They offered me $17,950 for the car. That's more than I paid and I put a bunch of miles on it. Took the deal. Also bought a nice used F150 to haul the boat around. Thankfully my job has decided even when the office does open up which now is mid-January we only need to come in twice a week.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, the first half of 22 will be booked with medical appointments of the unpleasant kind.
goody. But as a preventative measure, not a curative.

And I got my COVID booster as well as my flu shot today.
Cos the Doc said yes before I could even finish the question.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
On my waaaaay... oooon the traaaaain... toooooo the dojooooo....

One of my clients today wanted to show me his parkour. He got me to do some too. Or maybe I volunteered, who knows! But what I do know, is that my quad is a bit tweaked, I think rectus femoris specifically.

BUT! I'm on the train. And I loooooooove traaaaaaains....

20211124_174233.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booster fatigue..... I can hardly wait..... I'm pretty sure. sooner or later, my office is going to start pushing the booster
Given what studies are showing around immunity (the "waning" often discussed isn't a real 1:1 representation of the fading immunity, but it does fade) and protection from delta variant - along with the fact that my mom is permanently immunosuppressed - had me chomping at the bit to get mine as soon as was practical.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Given what studies are showing around immunity (the "waning" often discussed isn't a real 1:1 representation of the fading immunity, but it does fade) and protection from delta variant - along with the fact that my mom is permanently immunosuppressed - had me chomping at the bit to get mine as soon as was practical.

I am actually not that worried about it fading at the moment. Had the vaccine in April, had Covid a few months ago.... my immune system is OK at this point. But I do not doubt the edict will come through sooner or later that State GOv Employees are required to get a booster or get tested every week

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So every year for the past 8 years the day before thanksgiving my family and a group of my kids friends have volunteered at a processing center for Operation Christmas Child. Last year it was canceled. This year that group of kids are now young adults all over the US in colleges or military. They all came home for Thanksgiving and asked if we were going to the process center this year. Had a blast again this year and I was kinda proud of these guys still looking to spend a few hours doing some volunteer work.

Attachments

• 20211124_133347.jpg
    20211124_133347.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 176

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Made about 6 lbs of bratwurst today. Turned out pretty good. Trying to figure out sausage making and it is pretty fun. Have some good recipes, but still getting better at casing. And now I’m chilling out with the dogs while the bread bakes for tomorrow.

Latest Discussions