Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like different coffees. My favorites, when I can get them, are from Papua New Guinea. I got some from Kainantu, and loved it. I think it was like $4 or $5 per pound, and it was really good. For that price point, it's worth experimenting.

I usually drink 3 cups a day... sometimes more, but not often.
When I was working I used to pour it down, usually espresso. Man, I love espresso.

But here at home, I'd probably be climbing the walls if I drank coffee after 2 P.M

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When I was working I used to pour it down, usually espresso. Man, I love espresso.

But here at home, I'd probably be climbing the walls if I drank coffee after 2 P.M

When I was 3rd shift security at one of the hospitals, I'd have about 8 to 10 cups a night, then go home and have coffee with breakfast and go to sleep. Caffeine never bothered my sleep. However after a few months of that it did give me an irregular heartbeat, so per doctors orders I cut way back on teh coffee, 2 to 3 cups a night and one before bed.....these days... I drink tea

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Few days ago went to martial arts reunion. We ate at a few restaurants. As someone who grew up in a small redneck town, you don't see many asian restaurants. We ate at a few within the few days we were at the reunion. Looking at the menu was downright scary. I felt more confused than an old person looking at facebook for the first time.

These places need to add pictures by the food! I'm seeing words I never heard of! Words I don't know how to pronounce! I'm terrified. I had cashew chicken, and as strange as nuts in food seems to me, it was nice! Really cool.

Then I had this dish with chow-fun noodles. I was pretty confused as to why some of the dishes had the word 'fun' in it. What? Am I supposed to have fun while eating this? I... Didn't like it. Didn't hate it. There was weird gelatin. Gelatin? A weird lump of ooey gooey fatty meat!! I didn't know what the hell this scary lump of mess was. Also I'm still trying to learn how to use chopsticks. I haven't quite got the hang of it. I struggled to pick up noodles, it showed, but I managed to eat roughly half the noodles and most of the meat, minus the fat which I scraped off and hid underneath the noodles. I ain't eating those fat chunks. I didn't like the taste of the fat on the meat. I spent part of my time there moving noodles and vegetables around, playing with food like a child. Mostly as an attempt to learn how to use chopsticks. I was full by this point and couldn't eat another bite. I tried eating more noodles, but at some point I was no longer enjoying the meal and was only doing so cause I didn't want to waste the food.

We also went to an ice cream store. I thought I was gonna eat normal ice cream. Bingsu is not normal ice cream. It's weird. Powdery mess. I had a scoop of green tea ice cream and underneath that was this weird white powdery ice cream. The white part tasted kinda like vanilla ice cream, but not as sweet. It was pretty awesome! I loved it by the way. At the time I didn't know it, but later on I googled it and found out that its korean. Which would explain why they had that weird k-pop stuff. Overall... I had tons of fun.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sleeping not so good, as the right knee slowly gets better the left knee slowly gets worse so they are now dueling over who wakes me up more, and at this point the left is winning.
Threaten that left knee. Tell it if it doesn't calm down you'll wrap it in bacon. :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had my second dose yesterday mornin! Eventually just brought up the appointment earlier due to necessity haha. Feel preeeeetty rotten today but not as bad as I thought. See how the next few days go ;)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
And in a bizarre twist of fate, got a new job that I'm really excited about :). A support worker for a mental health service, but it's a really different and more holistic approach, incorporates alot of therapies, counselling, art therapy, music, mindfulness, and emphasises physical activity as being hugely important as a part of recovery and mental health. I was hesitant but they feel I'm almost overqualified apparently haha.

The guy I work for is huge into martial arts too! And a few of my clients I'll be actually doing a bit of MA training with, feels just so ideal :), especially as I've personally felt that my MA training has been one of the most beneficial things for my mental health.

Haven't worked in like 20 months, but so glad I waited for the right thing to come up :)

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Threaten that left knee. Tell it if it doesn't calm down you'll wrap it in bacon. :)
I mean, we wrap all sorts of other things in bacon so I don't see any downsides to this!

And this sort of thing is encouraged, just for all round coverage :)

images.jpeg-19.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Had my second dose yesterday mornin! Eventually just brought up the appointment earlier due to necessity haha. Feel preeeeetty rotten today but not as bad as I thought. See how the next few days go ;)
My experience was you'll feel as bad as it's going to get about 24 hours after the shot... and then a day later you're fine. That's how it was for me. Get some rest, and feel better soon. :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, we wrap all sorts of other things in bacon so I don't see any downsides to this!

And this sort of thing is encouraged, just for all round coverage :)

View attachment 27481
Nothing says bacon more then a side of bacon to go with it....The pants...well.....they don't say bacon, just my thought. :)

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And in a bizarre twist of fate, got a new job that I'm really excited about :). A support worker for a mental health service, but it's a really different and more holistic approach, incorporates alot of therapies, counselling, art therapy, music, mindfulness, and emphasises physical activity as being hugely important as a part of recovery and mental health. I was hesitant but they feel I'm almost overqualified apparently haha.

The guy I work for is huge into martial arts too! And a few of my clients I'll be actually doing a bit of MA training with, feels just so ideal :), especially as I've personally felt that my MA training has been one of the most beneficial things for my mental health.

Haven't worked in like 20 months, but so glad I waited for the right thing to come up :)
That's really good news! Congrats on the new job.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Big congratulations. Wishing you all the best.

Latest Discussions