Last Poster #7

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't remember most of what my wife says, she hasn't stopped talking since 1982. It's impossible for me or anyone who knows her to follow what she's saying.

As for the colonoscopy, I've never once been even partially conscious during one. I'm getting one in December from a new guy, who I don't particularly like (Type A personality, small man complex, PHD bragger), yeah, if I'm awake during it, he's getting smacked afterwards. Hey, officers, twas the drugs he gave me that caused it.
Nothing is going up my butt while I am awake!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't remember most of what my wife says, she hasn't stopped talking since 1982. It's impossible for me or anyone who knows her to follow what she's saying.

As for the colonoscopy, I've never once been even partially conscious during one. I'm getting one in December from a new guy, who I don't particularly like (Type A personality, small man complex, PHD bragger), yeah, if I'm awake during it, he's getting smacked afterwards. Hey, officers, twas the drugs he gave me that caused it.

Worked as a housekeeper at a hospital many many years ago, and there was a doctor who fits that description...just add a God Complex and you have him.... I was mopping the floor, it was after hours, and he came walking through and started to go on about how, if he slipped, he was going to sue me....thought he was joking at first...but he went on much longer than anyone should have and was very serious..... I asked him if he could read....because there were wet floor signs all over, this only got him more upset and escalated his threats of suing me..... I then said...problem there doc, is you have to be alive to sue.... and I will beat you with the mop.....no one was around, it was just him and me....he looked shocked and exited stage left immediately.... I fully expected to hear about it the next day...but I never heard a thing....and he avoided me for the rest of my time working there. This was over 30 years ago.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Worked as a housekeeper at a hospital many many years ago, and there was a doctor who fits that description...just add a God Complex and you have him.... I was mopping the floor, it was after hours, and he came walking through and started to go on about how, if he slipped, he was going to sue me....thought he was joking at first...but he went on much longer than anyone should have and was very serious..... I asked him if he could read....because there were wet floor signs all over, this only got him more upset and escalated his threats of suing me..... I then said...problem there doc, is you have to be alive to sue.... and I will beat you with the mop.....no one was around, it was just him and me....he looked shocked and exited stage left immediately.... I fully expected to hear about it the next day...but I never heard a thing....and he avoided me for the rest of my time working there. This was over 30 years ago.
I'm not sure if they teach bedside manner in medical school. But they should.

One of my closest friends hurt his neck on his job. He hurt it bad, too. He was out of work on workman's comp for some months. But he was, and still is, one of the hardest working, honest and physically strong human beings I've ever known.

So he gets to the point where the doc tells him to start walking every day. He asks how far. The doc says as far as you can.

He starts with a half mile, a week later a mile, two weeks later and he's walking eight miles every day. A workman's comp detective follows and films him, trying to boot him off workman's comp.

Next time he goes to the doc, the doc is a real a-hole to him, over the top verbally abusive. His girl at the time told some of his friends. He and these friends were all "barrel shakers" they worked picking up trash barrels on the rubbish truck, seriously hard work, especially in the worst section of the city.

Those guys went into St Elizebeth Hospital in Boston and hung that doc out the window of the sixth floor. Held him by his ankles and gave him a talk about bedside manners. I don't know if it helped any, but I loved hearing them all recount that story.

Yeah, bed side manners to people in need of help should be taught from the git go.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
P.S. Xue, don't you just love it when people tell you they'll sue you?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a woman this week tell me she was going to sue the hospital for being full and making her stay in the ER. I laughed and told her to go for it. I also pointed out that nobody was making her do anything. She was free to walk out any time she wanted, if she didn't want treated.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

yup, heard it a few times, in state security, but mostly in my hospital security days, last time I heard that in the hospital was from a patient in the psych ward I had to restrain..... all I said was ....get in line...which became my standard response when I went to the state

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they teach bedside manner in medical school. But they should.

One of my closest friends hurt his neck on his job. He hurt it bad, too. He was out of work on workman's comp for some months. But he was, and still is, one of the hardest working, honest and physically strong human beings I've ever known.

So he gets to the point where the doc tells him to start walking every day. He asks how far. The doc says as far as you can.

He starts with a half mile, a week later a mile, two weeks later and he's walking eight miles every day. A workman's comp detective follows and films him, trying to boot him off workman's comp.

Next time he goes to the doc, the doc is a real a-hole to him, over the top verbally abusive. His girl at the time told some of his friends. He and these friends were all "barrel shakers" they worked picking up trash barrels on the rubbish truck, seriously hard work, especially in the worst section of the city.

Those guys went into St Elizebeth Hospital in Boston and hung that doc out the window of the sixth floor. Held him by his ankles and gave him a talk about bedside manners. I don't know if it helped any, but I loved hearing them all recount that story.

Yeah, bed side manners to people in need of help should be taught from the git go.

Some MDs are excellent, others...... should be beaten with a heavy wet mop :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, if he slips and falls when there are no signs, your bad luck, if the signs are out, LOL, tough luck for him.
But some doctors think their **** does not stink.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a big deal though. It's pretty common to give intubated patients paralytics as well as sedation. Waking up with all those tubes and being unable to even blink has got to be one of the worst things I can imagine. So amnesia good.
Waking up and pulling all the tubes out like I did the first night is apparently really bad also lol. But again I dont remember that either. They just told me about it and said I was really really sorry.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about Australia, but the whole home invasion thing is becoming more common here. Apparently it's already more common than the classic empty home burglary.
That's at least partly why all of our kids have at least some MA and shooting training. Sue and I and 5 of the kids carry routinely and all of them have guns in the home.
Yeah when I first started in law enforcement it was rare to get one or two armed home invasions a year. When I retired we were getting atleast 1 a month.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Somehow I can't keep my days straight.

I guess that is a sign of stress, although I am hiding it.
Wednesday is the grand day. and I really don't want to mess it up or 'forget' about it.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I can't keep my days straight.

I guess that is a sign of stress, although I am hiding it.
Wednesday is the grand day. and I really don't want to mess it up or 'forget' about it.
I'm thinking of you, and really hope all goes okay. I have something coming up too that my anxiety is wrecking my body with.. conscious breathing, stretching, massage, fun lighthearted things, movement and training seem to help. Hoping you can find some ease of mind in this time

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Husband is binging 'Succession' the last few days.
I halfway expect David Rose to pop in or a character from 'The Office'

It is not a bad show, but it isn't catching my fancy for aforementioned reasons.

As far as my prep goes, I am anxious...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It was a nice fall day today....but then I'm a bit weird, I like cloudy overcast days in the fall

And now, I'm watching "Hero and the Terror"

220px-Hero_and_the_Terror_poster.jpg

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was a nice fall day today....but then I'm a bit weird, I like cloudy overcast days in the fall

And now, I'm watching "Hero and the Terror"

220px-Hero_and_the_Terror_poster.jpg
Nice fall day here, too. I'm just about to binge the old HBO series Deadwood. Just waiting for the water to boil for a nice fresh cup of Kona coffee.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice fall day here, too. I'm just about to binge the old HBO series Deadwood. Just waiting for the water to boil for a nice fresh cup of Kona coffee.
Someday I need to try a real cup of Kona. The fake stuff at the Royal Farms Store is pretty good lol. And yes today was beautiful outside sunny upper 60s and I bought a boat so it was all in all a good day.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We’ve been watching foundation. Oh man is that a good series.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someday I need to try a real cup of Kona. The fake stuff at the Royal Farms Store is pretty good lol. And yes today was beautiful outside sunny upper 60s and I bought a boat so it was all in all a good day.
yeah, the weather was nice, so I bought a boat....
I like the way you think.
Says she who has not been to the boat in a couple of months (I have no sea legs)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Use to buy whole bean Kona back when I was really into Coffee, before I got really into tea. Of course it was not a fresh as you are getting....and probably a bit more expensive....since I am over 4500 miles further from the source than you ;)

Latest Discussions