Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It is 51 degrees Fahrenheit, overcast, leaves are falling..... typical fall day....I like it...time to go for a hobble outside before PT
Sounds like a nice morning for a hobble. It's at that time of year now when it's dark in the mornings when we take the dogs for a walk. I like it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice morning for a hobble. It's at that time of year now when it's dark in the mornings when we take the dogs for a walk. I like it.
It's dark when I take the pibble for a walk/run/stroll in the evening. It's nice not to end up all sweaty.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They assigned me to a different physical therapist and I an incredibly happy. Nothing against the others but this guy knows knees and knee recovery. If for no other reason he has had multiple knee surgeries due to his college athletics days. He explained a lot, talked to me about recovery times, change my exercises, increased my icing, and made me feel like things were on track....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, spent the whole day in Outpatient. First I waited almost 3 hours, then things didn't go very fast
(Except once the anesthesia went in, lights out!)

Well, the news isn't great, I am having a blockage.
It will be removed Thursday, and of course a biopsy is pending.
Hubby is already going frantic.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
well, spent the whole day in Outpatient. First I waited almost 3 hours, then things didn't go very fast

I hope all goes well

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thinking about you, sending good thoughts...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh goodness.. sorry to hear.. hoping it gets sorted out

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Oh no. Glad you’re getting care. Take it easy and I hope all goes well.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Praying for a benign autopsy and speedy recovery.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
TITAN UP!!! Great win for the Tennessee Titans last night.
Without bias (which is hard) one of the most enjoyable games I have watched in a while. Lots of action and very evenly matched. Great game.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Spent an hour and two minutes on the phone today trying to get a leave of absence from the airport. Wasn't on the phone with the airport, but with a group that handles that sort of thing.

The lady I spoke with was awesome. But the funny part was during those 62 minutes I found out...

I was all set, no problem.
Then...wait, we can't do that, technically you don't work there anymore.

Then, wait, okay, of course you do. Thennnnnnn, wait, it's no, no you don't work there anymore.

Repeat that two more times until we finally agreed neither one of us understood what the hell we were talking about.

Fortunately, the lady and I laughed aloud many times. But I don't know if I work there anymore. Neither does she.

Tomorrow I'll go to HR for more fun and games. That should be a hoot. :)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
They assigned me to a different physical therapist and I an incredibly happy. Nothing against the others but this guy knows knees and knee recovery. If for no other reason he has had multiple knee surgeries due to his college athletics days. He explained a lot, talked to me about recovery times, change my exercises, increased my icing, and made me feel like things were on track....
Physical Therapists are the modern day Marquis de Sade.

Hoping for good news and a speedy recovery.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well our state has done really well in terms vaccinations, and we're about to hit 70% of the population double dosed (in about 1-2 days) which means everything will be back open and significant easings of restrictions.

It's a massive deal, and I know how many people are so thrilled, and it is awesome that we've finally reached this point. Then there are the population who are really quite anxious about everything reopening... I am definitely one. My mental health has been really not good over the last couple of years, and nowadays it's gotten quite bad...

Part of me just really struggles with us returning back, reengaging with people, moving forward, and also still really concerned about how case numbers will escalate bigtime. My second dose is in about 3 weeks, so this interim period of reopening I'm a little worried about. Might just lay low for a bit. I have been making conscious efforts to step out, and contact and check in with people, some people are understanding that I'm not quite ready to catch up yet, others maybe less understanding. But I've tried hard to make sure I'm not too isolated, even though it's sometimes all I can manage.

But... after my second dose, I'm very much looking forward to getting into training in a dojo with people again, that's what I'm working towards :).

We've all got our struggles with this pandemic, just learning to be patient and kind with ourselves seems pretty crucial.

Hoping you're all doing okay MT friends.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to say this, but today is the first day since the knee surgery and manipulation that I can say I think it is getting a little better. Not great, just a few minutes of less pain and a little bit more flexibility. Still swells and still stops bending, but I had a few minutes of relief from that today. Guess the new PT was right

Latest Discussions