Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That only happens when Rose Tyler, one of my cats, decides to walk on the keyboard while I'm typing. Which happens pretty often.

In other news, I'm thinking about upgrading my roasting rig. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the hottop setups, but the Aillio Bullet is pretty darn sexy.
Hahahaha makes sense!

Ah very nice, nah unfortunately I'm not too well versed in anything beyond the Behmor, now I have heard good things though about the Aillio Bullet! Curious to see what you get into!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
How are you connecting? I do know that the site owners chose not to support Tapatalk due to security issues, but your mobile browser should work fine.
Yeah I'm no longer using Tapatalk, just MT pinned to my phone home screen (using through samsung internet browser). Tis a strange issue to come up, so I've learned to just type slower 🤣

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did my knee exercises and stretching...
Its a windy fall day, rather relaxing listening to the wind
so at the moment

Drinking tea
Icing my knee
and reading a book about Chan

Tea is Genmaicha
Book is "Essential Chan Buddhism"
Are you having swelling issues?
Heat always feel better for me but ice for swelling.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
another sign of being old:
You are supposed to get a colonoscopy.
Getting one done Monday.
Having a nice weekend with minimal (bland) food and clear liquids. For some reason the medical profession does not categorize 'alcohol' as clear. What gives?
And being really shocked when I tell them that sipping(!) on high proof stuff eases the cramps I came in for, especially since the meds doing the same ran out (and it causes less drowsiness)
We are taking a teaspoon or so at a time.
Well, right now I am talking Gin Tonic.

How long before the appointment should one show up before? It was a little rushed, at 3 on Friday afternoon, going in Monday at 10.
(just one more ripple in Pandemic 2.0 If I didn't have my issues, I'd be on a plane to Germany and see my dad as he is doing very poorly. 'Not planning on Christmas' kind of poorly :( )

As it is, I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying not to mess up the cleansin protocol, while thinking about travel plans.
At least I don't have to sell my firstborn for plane tickets

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
constantly, and I am told this is normal after a manipulation. If I heat it, it swells
After a few weeks I did not have any major swelling that you could see but definitely had the joint inflammation for a while. I had good ROM pretty much right away.
But man oh man does it feel better than the old knee and the right knee (not replaced yet). It is cool having the new and old to compare but I am past ready to get the other one replaced.
I hope yours turns the curve soon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After a few weeks I did not have any major swelling that you could see but definitely had the joint inflammation for a while. I had good ROM pretty much right away.
But man oh man does it feel better than the old knee and the right knee (not replaced yet). It is cool having the new and old to compare but I am past ready to get the other one replaced.
I hope yours turns the curve soon.

It feels better than it did before the manipulation but the verdict is still out on how it feels as compared to before the replacement and it does not feel better than the other knee most of the time. However the left, because it is being overworked, occasionally hits me with a sharp knife kind of pain.

I am still thinking it is possible, somewhere down the road, that I may consider it one of the biggest mistakes I have made

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels better than it did before the manipulation but the verdict is still out on how it feels as compared to before the replacement and it does not feel better than the other knee most of the time. However the left, because it is being overworked, occasionally hits me with a sharp knife kind of pain.

I am still thinking it is possible, somewhere down the road, that I may consider it one of the biggest mistakes I have made
I have never had one but need it. Many of my MA friends have and reports are all good. I did google how long they last and they are good for 15/20 years....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did not expect for the cleansing process to be this painful.
Been up since 3, doubled over in pain, not looking forward to 'staying hydrated'
In all fairness, it's the issue I went to the doc in the first place for.
Going back to bed

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never had one but need it. Many of my MA friends have and reports are all good. I did google how long they last and they are good for 15/20 years....
Yeah, I expect to need both eventually. Just hoping to hold off long enough that they'll last the rest of my life.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I was told 30..... and I do plan on suing if it breaks down before that :D

Actually I was told with this knee I could play tennis....to which I said GREAT..... I did not play before so I can't wait :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told 30..... and I do plan on suing if it breaks down before that :D

Actually I was told with this knee I could play tennis....to which I said GREAT..... I did not play before so I can't wait :D
Sounds like a great deal. 30 years and a new career on the tennis circuit. Things are looking UP. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal. 30 years and a new career on the tennis circuit. Things are looking UP. :)

Hey it is what Jim Kelly did, martial arts to tennis pro...why not me...with a new knee

right_on!_target.jpg