Reaction score
WEEDS!!!!
I can see you weeds...can you see me

Once more unto the breech vile weeds

Pollen us do we not sneeze
Prick us do we not bleed
Wrong us, shall we not rip you out of the ground

Our revels now have ended weeds
Cry havoc, and let slip the weed eaters of War.

If a weed wrong a Xue, what is his humility? Revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard.

And that was the day that Xue officially "overdid it."

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The last 2 years was the healthy time that I ever had in my life. The pollen allergy used to make me cough. I didn't even have one single cough since the beginning of 2020. The facemask does work well. It not only protects me from catching COVID, it also protects me from catching other things.
I started wearing it around the house when I dig into dusty areas.
I think I am very allergic to dust mildew and the likes.
The mask makes a huge difference, in feeling mildly inconvenienced vs instant misery that longers for a week

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
so, the point of possible exposure:
the dude - fully vaccinated - hung out with his friend - also fully vaccinated - for 90 minutes.
Then friend informs him he tested positive for the variant.
On a little wth note, one of the ladies working there just now got her 2nd shot.

and there I trusted that healthcare professionals had their shots by now.
Well, masks will be a staple for a while longer. Maybe I do need to look afain, where i saw the aluminum nose pieces to sew into mine.

Or order some GD N95s.

I really miss the communal spirit from last year.
artists offered free entertainment, other people shared crafts and recipes.
the notion that we are in this together and need to help each other.

Well, if you have not mastered that foreign language yet, you still have a couple of years to do so, become a master chef, and craftual phenomenon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
so, the point of possible exposure:
the dude - fully vaccinated - hung out with his friend - also fully vaccinated - for 90 minutes.
Then friend informs him he tested positive for the variant.
On a little wth note, one of the ladies working there just now got her 2nd shot.

and there I trusted that healthcare professionals had their shots by now.
Well, masks will be a staple for a while longer. Maybe I do need to look afain, where i saw the aluminum nose pieces to sew into mine.

Or order some GD N95s.

I really miss the communal spirit from last year.
artists offered free entertainment, other people shared crafts and recipes.
the notion that we are in this together and need to help each other.

Well, if you have not mastered that foreign language yet, you still have a couple of years to do so, become a master chef, and craftual phenomenon.

No time, even while recovering from knee surgery and Covid..... being in IT....I never stopped working..... just working from home for now....although I will admit, not commuting to and from the office everyday save a lot of time....... maybe I d have time after all

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No time, even while recovering from knee surgery and Covid..... being in IT....I never stopped working..... just working from home for now....although I will admit, not commuting to and from the office everyday save a lot of time....... maybe I d have time after all
well, being that you are indispensable as IT, cos, Morons, you know....
sometimes you just need a black hole and power outage....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Looks like you might have a new boss soon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Looks like you might have a new boss soon.

Just saw the local news.... and based on that, you might be right. There were a couple of people that came out against him that previously kept their mouths shut. And for the first time his approval rating among NYS citizens has dropped....considerably

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just saw the local news.... and based on that, you might be right. There were a couple of people that came out against him that previously kept their mouths shut. And for the first time his approval rating among NYS citizens has dropped....considerably
Politics aside, if he has done the things the investigations says he’s done, he needs to go. Shouldn’t be in public office.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Psst... remember, keep politics very low profile, 'kay?)

It was a beautiful day today... so I walked a few places that I could have driven. Would have loved to be out on a bike all day...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aaand we're back into a 7 day snap lockdown... we only just got out of the 2 week one a week ago exactly. I fully understand and support it, mystery unlinked cases will do it, but I know a few around here who don't... and I know these recent ones have hit alot of people hard...

I shall keep training, drawing, exploring, and singing away.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Aaand we're back into a 7 day snap lockdown... we only just got out of the 2 week one a week ago exactly. I fully understand and support it, mystery unlinked cases will do it, but I know a few around here who don't... and I know these recent ones have hit alot of people hard...

I shall keep training, drawing, exploring, and singing away.
You all getting access to the vaccine yet? How's that going?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
You all getting access to the vaccine yet? How's that going?
Nnnnnah not really haha. We are and I believe it's improving, but still very slow, issues getting it in etc, but I don't know the details. I'm still not eligible to get it, I'd be in the last priority category, will be closer to the end of the year before I get it. But we are securing more doses as far as I know. Just not fast enough haha!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nnnnnah not really haha. We are and I believe it's improving, but still very slow, issues getting it in etc, but I don't know the details. I'm still not eligible to get it, I'd be in the last priority category, will be closer to the end of the year before I get it. But we are securing more doses as far as I know. Just not fast enough haha!
The major concern around here is for unvaccinated people, and in particular kids who are under 12 and can't yet receive the vaccine. The issue here isn't supply. There are plenty of vaccines.

Some businesses are starting to take matters into their own hands. Heard one company is not mandating vaccines, but if you get COVID and are vaccinated, your sick leave is 100% compensated. If you get COVID and are unvaccinated, you are fired. I wonder how that will go over. :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are many threads that someone moves to a new town and need to find a MA school.

If you have some MA training before, why don't you just find a training partner and continue to train what you have learned? Why not just find a punching bag and start to do your homework?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many threads that someone moves to a new town and need to find a MA school.

If you have some MA training before, why don't you just find a training partner and continue to train what you have learned? Why not just find a punching bag and start to do your homework?
Two reasons I can think of:
  1. The easiest way to find an experience training partner is to go where there are people training (without an experienced training partner, you end up teaching, rather than training).
  2. Working out with a group of people at a school and learning new skills can be a lot of fun.

Latest Discussions