Last Poster #7

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Decent turnout for USKA National Championship this weekend.

Jake has had a good showing so far. 2nd place in Ippon sparing (DQ'd for giving his opponent a black eye....but it was his best friend and training partner so they are used to sparring hard so....no hard feelings)

Grand Champion at Kata and Weapons.

Attachments

• Resized_20210730_175549.jpeg
    Resized_20210730_175549.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210730_171231.jpg
    20210730_171231.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 74

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Decent turnout for USKA National Championship this weekend.

Jake has had a good showing so far. 2nd place in Ippon sparing (DQ'd for giving his opponent a black eye....but it was his best friend and training partner so they are used to sparring hard so....no hard feelings)

Grand Champion at Kata and Weapons.

That's awesome 👍

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And I'm sure all the competitors are well aware of the youngster coming up. :)

Alot of back and forth between Jacob and Josh Quayhagen (defending champ) about them studying each other and being ready for each other.

They warm up together alot and hopefully Jacob will get to go train with him this winter. Josh's training center should be finished being rebuilt in October.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 1st time that I put face mask back on outdoor after I had both COVID vaccine shots. I found out that I was not the only one wear mask outdoor in the park. I had it under my chin. When people walked pass by me, I put it on. When people walked away, I moved it under my chin again.

Most people believe that outdoor facemask is not needed. But I just don't want to take that even 1% of extra risk.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 1st time that I put face mask back on outdoor after I had both COVID vaccine shots. I found out that I was not the only one wear mask outdoor in the park. I had it under my chin. When people walked pass by me, I put it on. When people walked away, I moved it under my chin again.

Most people believe that outdoor facemask is not needed. But I just don't want to take that even 1% of extra risk.
it is becoming a real concern.
The Delta variant is much more contageous

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
More and more possible. If folks don't get vaccinated, we're just going to see more virulent strains. The virus is fighting for its life, too.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope your wife continues to improve, too.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
More and more possible. If folks don't get vaccinated, we're just going to see more virulent strains. The virus is fighting for its life, too.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and hope your wife continues to improve, too.
Likely is more accurate. I think Lamda has already reared its ugly head.
Not only are we not adhering to common sense practices, but we are also accepting politicians prohibiting measures to control the spread.
Looking at Floriduh and DeathSantis....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Likely is more accurate. I think Lamda has already reared its ugly head.
Not only are we not adhering to common sense practices, but we are also accepting politicians prohibiting measures to control the spread.
Looking at Floriduh and DeathSantis....
Just today a friend of mine who lives in Mississippi said she's going to "trust her gut" and wait on the vaccine. I believe her when she says she's on the fence, but she's got people she trusts bringing up misinformation (mRNA can cause auto-immune disorders) and actively discouraging her from trusting her doctors (someone brought up how a doctor prescribed prozac to a pregnant woman). :(

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just today a friend of mine who lives in Mississippi said she's going to "trust her gut" and wait on the vaccine. I believe her when she says she's on the fence, but she's got people she trusts bringing up misinformation (mRNA can cause auto-immune disorders) and actively discouraging her from trusting her doctors (someone brought up how a doctor prescribed prozac to a pregnant woman). :(
yeah, one family member (distant) isn't going to take the vaccine, because he and his wife want more kids.
and I did not consider them to be off the dumb branch of the family tree. I might have to rethink my classification. The woman I thought was THE DUMBEST was actually semi competent when we rolled up to get our 2nd shot. Even a broken clock is right twice a day though.
I am just glad my husband and I got both in, and the kid just got his 1st.

and then I run into a person I actually sorta liked and hear some of this 'the steal' nonsense.
why are the most ignorant people the most vocal?!
No, Fauci told us LAST YEAR.
this was for Alpha Variant:
the infection rate for Delta is said to be 8 per instead of 3.....

Latest Discussions