Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have injured my left calf muscle/tendon... not 100% sure how...

I have been introducing plyometric drills the last couple of months, and I really thought I introduced it veeeery slowly and eased into it, as plyos can be quite intense... but I honestly think this may have done it.

It's pain at the top of the calf though on the outside, feel like it's more the tendon. Weird, I would have thought the tendons down at the Achilles would be the ones to be injured... really hoping it's just a strain and not a tear... am walking okay now but gingerly, not comfortable moving into the stretched position (foot pulled up)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Picked up some landscaping bricks... They are heavy as fuuuuuudge. Only 65, but I need to move them all into the back yard. Not looking forward to it. I'm fairly strong but can only manage three at a time in the wheelbarrow. I will get moving on this Saturday morning... And plan to do very little on Sunday. :)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems weird to me that Russia is banned from the games, but they still have athletes under the ROC? I don't understand whatever loophole allowed that.
Apparently they banned the country, but decided that individual athletes who had not tested positive could compete, but no Russian flag or anthem. So they're carrying a flag with the Olympic rings on a field that just coincidentally bears the colors of the Russian flag.
I have mixed opinions on it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Picked up some landscaping bricks... They are heavy as fuuuuuudge. Only 65, but I need to move them all into the back yard. Not looking forward to it. I'm fairly strong but can only manage three at a time in the wheelbarrow. I will get moving on this Saturday morning... And plan to do very little on Sunday. :)
glutes day!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently they banned the country, but decided that individual athletes who had not tested positive could compete, but no Russian flag or anthem. So they're carrying a flag with the Olympic rings on a field that just coincidentally bears the colors of the Russian flag.
I have mixed opinions on it.
well, while it is countries competing it wasn't meant to be that way.
I just don't understand how they keep doing this.
This isn't the 80s.
The tests are much better now, and the long term consequences are known.
I mean, we used to laugh back then at the eastern 'women' looking more like dudes.
This is like decades of continued crap.

But I am also Ok for not punishing those who test clean.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mrs Xue was concerned that her fever had not gone away in 4 days and today it went up so she went to get a Covid test....a week ago today she got her J&J vaccine. Today she got a positive Covid test...... 10 days quarantine. Now let's see how good the J&J vaccine works I got the vaccine months ago...now lets see how well it works. So far I feel like I have a bad code

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Mrs Xue was concerned that her fever had not gone away in 4 days and today it went up so she went to get a Covid test....a week ago today she got her J&J vaccine. Today she got a positive Covid test...... 10 days quarantine. Now let's see how good the J&J vaccine works I got the vaccine months ago...now lets see how well it works. So far I feel like I have a bad code
Doesn't sound like she had much time to benefit from that vaccine. Hopefully yours does its job! I hope you both get well fast.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

All this is scary stuff to me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
sending my best wishes to you.
that is scary stuff!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like she had much time to benefit from that vaccine. Hopefully yours does its job! I hope you both get well fast.

She has had a fever between 100 and 104 for 4 days. Also incredibly upset stomach. So far I have a scratchy throat, annoy runny nose, a lot of coughing and sneezing, and intermittent fever. This morning my temperature went up to 99.4, I thought I was going the same route she did. 30 minutes later, fever gone. This afternoon same thing 99.6, then about 45 minutes later fever gone.

our daughter got the Pfizer and so far she has no issues at all.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, it takes about two weeks for the vaccine to build immunity. Unless you're in that unlucky 5%.
Hope you both recover quickly.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sadly, it takes about two weeks for the vaccine to build immunity. Unless you're in that unlucky 5%.
Hope you both recover quickly.

Got my vaccine last April, but my wife only got it last Wednesday so she most certainly did not get the 2 weeks. My daughter got her second shot over 3 weeks ago so she will hopefully be ok

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my vaccine last April, but my wife only got it last Wednesday so she most certainly did not get the 2 weeks. My daughter got her second shot over 3 weeks ago so she will hopefully be ok
I certainly hope so. The odds are in her favor, at least (excuse the unfortunate Hunger Games reference...). The good news is that even those who don't have immunity tend to have less severe symptoms if they are infected. And (at least as important, to my way of thinking) is that the partial immunity patients also have a lower chance of becoming long termers. About 20% of unvaccinated patients end up with long term health problems, mostly strokes, pulmonary emboli, long term supplemental oxygen, that sort of thing. Long infections among vaccinated patients are quite rare. The numbers I'm seeing are in the 1-2% range.
Your family will be in my thoughts, and I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear Xue... keeping you all in my thoughts and really hope Mrs. Xue recovers really well

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I certainly hope so. The odds are in her favor, at least (excuse the unfortunate Hunger Games reference...). The good news is that even those who don't have immunity tend to have less severe symptoms if they are infected. And (at least as important, to my way of thinking) is that the partial immunity patients also have a lower chance of becoming long termers. About 20% of unvaccinated patients end up with long term health problems, mostly strokes, pulmonary emboli, long term supplemental oxygen, that sort of thing. Long infections among vaccinated patients are quite rare. The numbers I'm seeing are in the 1-2% range.
Your family will be in my thoughts, and I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

so far my daughter is fine, my wife's fever seems to have broken, but we'll wait and see how the day goes. I got another fever this morning, went from 99;4 to 99.8. It only lasted about an hour and I am back to normal now. But this coughing and sneezing is driving me nuts. Mrs Xue is coughing but not sneezing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also concerned about my 90 year old mother. She was here yesterday before the test results. And she was out with us last Saturday too. So far she is fine, she got the moderna vaccine before I got my J&J

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And I just got quarantined by the county
They probably nailed a strip of bacon over your door ala the Scarlet Letter.

Sorry, trying to be funny in an unfunny situation. I can't even imaging what you're going through. But our hearts are open for you, my brother.

Latest Discussions