Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got to love it when someone posts a ridiculous retort, that is so very wrong, to another poster, whose background they obviously do not know. Because if they did, they might, and I emphasize might, know how ridiculous they are being
We've tried heavily implying it, and it just goes over his head.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My Saint Bernard has cauliflower ear. Poor thing. I have never heard of such a thing in a dog. She seems to be okay, though her ear is pretty sensitive.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Saint Bernard has cauliflower ear. Poor thing. I have never heard of such a thing in a dog. She seems to be okay, though her ear is pretty sensitive.
I'm not sure if this is what you're describing, but I have seen dogs and cats with what looked an awful lot like cauliflower ear. Turned out to be an abscess on the cat, and a hematoma on the dog. Both cleared after being opened with a scalpel and drained.
Hope the pup gets better soon.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.
I love the term, “that’s the ticket”.
I use it frequently in real life. Especially at the airport. (No pun intended)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm surprised you don't say, "Take off, eh."
Oooooh....I never actually thought of that!

I go back to work this afternoon after fifteen months off. I'm kind of in a state of shock right now.

But NOW I have a new line to use in the appropriate setting, which, of course, I'll look for.
Thanks, bud!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
took 15 years, and of course I am recovering from knee replacement, but out of the blue another member of MT , who had not been here for years, challenged me to a fight. And that is expressly against the rules of MT

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some good sabre matches going on at the moment, particularly for how early it is. I'd recommend tuning in if anyone's interested.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like with the current way olympic TKD works, you're basically required to have lanky limbs to do well. I don't remember it being this way in the past. Can someone that pays more attention enlighten me if this is new, or if this is how it's always been?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I feel like with the current way olympic TKD works, you're basically required to have lanky limbs to do well. I don't remember it being this way in the past. Can someone that pays more attention enlighten me if this is new, or if this is how it's always been?

Couldn't tell you, but I can say back in the early days of competition, pre-Olympic, (mid 70s) the guy in in Mr. Kim's school that was winning all the time was tall and had long legs

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also noticing that they only use one limb the entire time. I know the lead leg is hugely useful in WT, but I'm surprised there's no attempts to use the other 3 limbs.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally saw a punch! Not an amazing one, and they compared him to Jack Dempsey for punching at all, but it was a punch.
Edit: The comparison makes more sense. It was a play-on-words, since the TKdist name is demse.

Latest Discussions