Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
saw a 1966 Mustang today, have not seen one as nice as this in years, and although I don't think this is it, it look exactly like this

1966-ford-mustang-coupe-dave-koontz.jpg

Genuine question, how do you know that's a '66, and not from another late 60's model year? I ask because I couldn't tell you, though I'm sure folks know. If it were a VW beetle, I could probably tell you what model year it is, and I know that the differences are often subtle.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yesterday we had a nice, sunny day, so the kid and I put up the canopy in the front yard.
then, suddenly, the wind picks up.
I look out, the thing is on the ground, look away for a second and it's half in the air.

I manage to get the cover pulled off while tugging with one hand on the velco, and holting the structure down with the other

This morning the sun is shining......as if nothing happened!
(one narrow band of storms moved through)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw a golden orb spider the other day that are these massive Web hanging things that will just sit there and let you get right up to them.

And took a terrible photo.

That apparently won't upload.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
saw a 1966 Mustang today, have not seen one as nice as this in years, and although I don't think this is it, it look exactly like this

1966-ford-mustang-coupe-dave-koontz.jpg
Me and two of my friends growing up bought a ‘69 Dodge Dart super sport for $500. It was a true barn find. This was in 1978 and we truly had no idea what we had purchased and to be honest in ‘78 it wasn’t all the special. It even had a 340 6-pack and 4 speed. Our sole purpose was to make a dirt track car which we did. Gutted the car, put in a roll cage and bracing. Had to take the 6-pack off and add a 4-barrel to race. It was copper with black racing stripes. I see the same car without the 6-pack priced near $40k today.
We ended up junking the car after racing it for 3 years.
Screams the old saying “ if I knew then what I know now”.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Genuine question, how do you know that's a '66, and not from another late 60's model year? I ask because I couldn't tell you, though I'm sure folks know. If it were a VW beetle, I could probably tell you what model year it is, and I know that the differences are often subtle.
The lighting mostly.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
yesterday we had a nice, sunny day, so the kid and I put up the canopy in the front yard.
then, suddenly, the wind picks up.
I look out, the thing is on the ground, look away for a second and it's half in the air.

I manage to get the cover pulled off while tugging with one hand on the velco, and holting the structure down with the other

This morning the sun is shining......as if nothing happened!
(one narrow band of storms moved through)
We had a wicked blow come through TN yesterday with 60+ mph winds. No much rain. It blew over a tree at my MIL’s house and took out one of her storage buildings.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention. My 5g reception is amazing now. No superpowers yet.
I haven't really noticed any side effects, but it does seem like иногда люди не понимают меня.
I sort of feel ripped off. After all the vaccines and radiation I've had, I should have at least ONE superpower by now.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I haven't really noticed any side effects, but it does seem like иногда люди не понимают меня.
I sort of feel ripped off. After all the vaccines and radiation I've had, I should have at least ONE superpower by now.
One of my employees is going through radiation therapy right now. No fun.

I lucked out. Got a colonoscopy and they removed four pre cancer polyps. Glad I didn't sit on that (pun intended). Who knows what difference a couple years would've made?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mosquitoes here, and there. Misquitoes in the air! These things are everywhere! Stupid bugs are almost as bad as telemarketers.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

tail lights, but in retrospect, it could also have been a 64, 65 or 66,

faf0e8866a09eb74b3742a68601810b5.jpg

And I have not seen a 64, 65, 66 mustang coupe in years and I saw another today...but it was stock...and looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor

also likely not the same car, but it looked like this

Zni7QNvodOMUGBq16wKbl0lOAhIqFf8hD_IVqk0OgkDROHUPjRUZG52rD4XLCj47c0hLGDHyG-JsIk_YEzxmnwB_knPzLhDp_MBfKUF4eXTGEAr4tKx4Z6n6hn34

tail lights

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And now, my knee.

If the right goes well nd I can tak the recovery, I will be getting the left done as well. But wait, we're not done...... after that, could very likely be the hips get replaced next.

The knee will be replaced, but with a system that will allow me to do everything I could do before, run, bike, etc. As the MD said, I cold play tennis if I wanted to afterwards. He explained it to me but I coiuld not tell you everything he said.

He also explained my hip issues. Apparently, it is possible, the high kicks I use to train, see TKD and Shaolin kung fu, combined with my hips already being slightly malformed, cause the hip bone to hit the pelvis causing a buildup of bone on the neck of the ball of the ball and socket joint.

Surgery likely late June or early July

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And now, my knee.

If the right goes well nd I can tak the recovery, I will be getting the left done as well. But wait, we're not done...... after that, could very likely be the hips get replaced next.

The knee will be replaced, but with a system that will allow me to do everything I could do before, run, bike, etc. As the MD said, I cold play tennis if I wanted to afterwards. He explained it to me but I coiuld not tell you everything he said.

He also explained my hip issues. Apparently, it is possible, the high kicks I use to train, see TKD and Shaolin kung fu, combined with my hips already being slightly malformed, cause the hip bone to hit the pelvis causing a buildup of bone on the neck of the ball of the ball and socket joint.

Surgery likely late June or early July
Well, good news that things are moving forward on the knees at least. Sorry to hear about the hip(s). TBH I have wondered about my left hip from time to time.
Do you remember your doctor saying Mako of Stryker knee replacement? Same tech, different companies but seem to be leading the field.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, good news that things are moving forward on the knees at least. Sorry to hear about the hip(s). TBH I have wondered about my left hip from time to time.
Do you remember your doctor saying Mako of Stryker knee replacement? Same tech, different companies but seem to be leading the field.

Nope just that I needed to get an MRI so they could make the measurements to get and the angles right for the cuts and an explanation of the construction of the knee they were going to attach to me, how it worked and the things it did for the tendons and in place of the tendons and that there were no restrictions as to what I could do, lastly it was supposed to last 30 years...I hope I'm around long enough to wear it out

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the ability to blatantly disregard speed limits cout?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw a golden orb spider the other day that are these massive Web hanging things that will just sit there and let you get right up to them.

And took a terrible photo.

That apparently won't upload.
There are some creepy lookin spiders out there... we've got this kind that keeps reappearing every now and then in our backyard, it looks almost tropical, has stripes down its legs, big body, almost looks like a crab... no idea what it is, but creepy :s

Screenshot_20210508-140357_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210508-140429_Video Player.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are some creepy lookin spiders out there... we've got this kind that keeps reappearing every now and then in our backyard, it looks almost tropical, has stripes down its legs, big body, almost looks like a crab... no idea what it is, but creepy :s

View attachment 26697
View attachment 26698

Yeah. We get them. They sit in a Web at night almost exactly face hight.

Latest Discussions