Last Poster #7

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expected the roll-off to be bigger than that. But that's probably because I'm used to dealing with batteries in computers and small electronics, which are routinely subjected to detrimental charging practices.
Different type of battery, too, with a different drop off. I used to have charts...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Too cute. Thanks to all for sharing the pup pics. Dogs just make me smile.
How about cats? I like them both.
PXL_20210328_000927031.PORTRAIT.jpgIMG_20210401_201113.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have 3 of each. I'm almost as besotted with cats as with dogs.
Besotted. I just learned a new word.

We have a few barn cats that we feed and I do not know how many feral cats. They serve a purpose but they are vile creatures with their potent, corrosive urine and poo. Almost makes them not worth keeping sometimes.
To each his own though. I know some people love their kitty's.

This is something I am still trying to figure out. The doctor naturally said pets are a hazard for people on the mend for knee replacement. We have a Lot of dogs at the main farm. Everything from dachshund to Great Dane. And the Dane is very affectionate. Her 'handshake' is coming up to you and mildly slamming her head up between you legs. Yea, it hurts sometimes.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besotted. I just learned a new word.

We have a few barn cats that we feed and I do not know how many feral cats. They serve a purpose but they are vile creatures with their potent, corrosive urine and poo. Almost makes them not worth keeping sometimes.
To each his own though. I know some people love their kitty's.

This is something I am still trying to figure out. The doctor naturally said pets are a hazard for people on the mend for knee replacement. We have a Lot of dogs at the main farm. Everything from dachshund to Great Dane. And the Dane is very affectionate. Her 'handshake' is coming up to you and mildly slamming her head up between you legs. Yea, it hurts sometimes.
Danes are goofy creatures. And very loving, often in ways that are....inconvenient.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am so tired of sitting here because of my dang knees....I'm going to go see if I can spend the next hour doing taijiquan. Might have to be Sun style, but it is better than sitting here in front of the PC waiting for work emails....I'm taking my work iPhone, going to my basement guan and doing some taijiquan....later

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Danes are goofy creatures. And very loving, often in ways that are....inconvenient.
Our great dane would sit on my lap, but he was so tall, his feet would stay on the floor. He also thought he was a human. When the other dogs would get on the couch, he would look at me like, "Hey man. You going to let the dog on the couch?"
I am so tired of sitting here because of my dang knees....I'm going to go see if I can spend the next hour doing taijiquan. Might have to be Sun style, but it is better than sitting here in front of the PC waiting for work emails....I'm taking my work iPhone, going to my basement guan and doing some taijiquan....later
Sounds like fun.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue, what is the latest on your saga. I am 8 days away for my left knee. Yes, he is doing it on a Saturday.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue, what is the latest on your saga. I am 8 days away for my left knee. Yes, he is doing it on a Saturday.
so, what are you doing, this far removed from your knee? It sounds rather impractical!

Meanwhile I am hoping the antihistamine properties of garlic weren't a fluke the last time.
I do know better than to kick up the moldy dust in my laundry cavern!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Cats be cool. A feral cat adopted us a couple years ago. Brought her to the humane society for shots and to be spayed. Our landlord told us she had to go, he didn't like cats. Since the lease has a strict no pets policy, that was that. Found a terrific home for her though, she's quite happy. Coolest cat we had ever met. Best hunter, too.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I need an allergy test....
and wear the damn masks I got laying around all over the place.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
car saga part.....I forgot....
So after we had the breaks fixed, an emergency visit from our mechanic for a stiff stirring issue (more fluids....new tires (why people insist on putting the new tires on the front of a rear powered vehicle...I will never know.)
well, I drove to the store and back, and parked - on the grass, because, well, reasons of another issue involving cars - kid comes in the house MOM! What did you do to my truck!
we have one very flat tire. One very new very flat tire.

Where I parked it you could not jack it up
where the kid parked it you couldn't get the jack under it.
So we got it up, finally,
The spare had water in it (from bouncing around the bed for a few )
an attempt to take it to the gas station to get air in it failed (5 PM....everybody is on the road)
So we put it on.
Lower the jack
and the tire hisses...
as the air slowly escapes.
So tomorrow, hopefully it will be a little warmer, I will have to wrestle the tire in my Expedition - the very new and very flat one - to have it checked by the store, and hopefully fixed.
then return it to the truck, change the spare back off.
and see where we are.

The universe knows we got money coming!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, and my washing machine is chewing on dust....about ready to bite it hard.

Latest Discussions