Last Poster #7

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Going through MT this morning and occasionally looking at profiles.....all I have to say is if you are listing official training on some 15 to 20 different styles.....and you are only 30.....I find the claim questionable

Nuff said
I am always amazed how many people think Yourube constitutes training.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Going through MT this morning and occasionally looking at profiles.....all I have to say is if you are listing official training on some 15 to 20 different styles.....and you are only 30.....I find the claim questionable

Nuff said
It's a thing. Folks implying expertise in styles that they are only passingly familiar with. Shoot, I was reading through an old thread where in 2017, Chris Parker provided a laundry list of styles including training in BJJ. He isn't reluctant at all to imply expertise in BJJ (among other things) that, when pressed, represents only superficial training. It's a thing. We just have to recognize the stink of it when we smell it, even when it's masked by good writing skill and some academic expertise.

As far as disagreeing with you, yeah, I'm going to disagree with you... and that's with a few decades in the art, mate. As well as a karate background, a TKD background, training in BJJ, and a number of other things. No, you don't need to be fit to start Ninjutsu. And, as with anything, the type of fitness is geared to the activity... Ninjutsu will get you fit in the ways you need to be to train in the art successfully.
This is a classic example of someone puffing up their credentials to lend credibility to whatever they are about to say. It's sad.

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It snowed here in texas too.
20210215_115912.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We got snow, freezing rain and then a bit of a warm up to create slush....ever shovel slush...its not fun. And then after that, we go to single digit temperatures this evening so everything out side is oing to freeze solid...I will be up early in the morning putting down ice melt and sand.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yup. Transitioning from counseling to cybersecurity. Currently doing temp IT work just for experience while I was in a bootcamp/learning.
I don't know much about the subject, but I do enjoy talking to one of my neighbors. His wife makes Ethiopian food that is AMAZING! She feeds the neighborhood every few months. It's so good.

But the husband, he started a cybersecurity company which I think is doing very well. He focuses on advising executives, and explaining complex cybersecurity issues to executives who often are not very literate on the subject. Seems to be doing very well. I expect he'll be filthy rich at some point, and when he is, I plan to a part of his posse. :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished my cybersecurity bootcamp last month, and just passed my sec+! Now to start my job search.
As a side note to this-if any of you happen to know someone looking to hire anyone for a junior security analyst/network analyst/even regular IT work, etc., I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Location is obviously relevant, but less so than normal since my wife works remote, and I'm not picky about the work (fine with grunt work) as long as it's in the field so I can start building experience.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As a side note to this-if any of you happen to know someone looking to hire anyone for a junior security analyst/network analyst/even regular IT work, etc., I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Location is obviously relevant, but less so than normal since my wife works remote, and I'm not picky about the work (fine with grunt work) as long as it's in the field so I can start building experience.
I think one of my friends might be looking for someone...
I'm not sure have to ask him but I live in Germany soooooooooooooooo

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think my neighbor has four employees right now, but I'll ask him if he has any leads.