Last Poster #7

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been reading a few posts of a poster who tends to be frustrating in the posts they make. So instead of breaking MT rules and simply posting "nitwit"... I think I'll log off and go do something else
I've tried this a lot. It doesn't work, because you can't escape it in your mind unless you give up trying to make sense of it. I think it's better to get beyond the fear of checking responses.

See, you post something honest and sincere, pour your heart out on the screen. And then you start to worry "Who is going to poop all over what I just wrote".

That's the secret, you have to break that cycle. Twitter is a hellhole now because of a severe lack of that.

So don't "go elsewhere". Be perfectly capable of being here, right now, and not letting it upset you. Checking your PC, phone all day long, it was bound to get to this point, but there is a grand solution and you're 99% of the way there.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Been reading a few posts of a poster who tends to be frustrating in the posts they make. So instead of breaking MT rules and simply posting "nitwit"... I think I'll log off and go do something else
One of my newer students is arguing against one of my older students through their E-mail. They both said, "My teacher told me ...".

I just saw a 10 years ago of myself who is arguing against a 30 years ago of myself. If I can argue against myself, I lost interest to argue against others. Who knows, I may agree with that person (I'm arguing against) next year.

Today, I may not like spiritual thing. Next year, I may become a priest myself.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I suffered a brutal dog attack this morning.
Going relentlessly for the throat, my pack of weenies succeeded to give me a twinged neck.
"GET UP!! WE ARE STAAAAVING!!!"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
200w.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some sad news today. My daughter has lymphoma and is going through chemo now. They had fertilized some eggs prior to the beginning of treatment and we found out today that none of the embryos survived. We are all pretty sad about it.
Very sorry to hear of this.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some sad news today. My daughter has lymphoma and is going through chemo now. They had fertilized some eggs prior to the beginning of treatment and we found out today that none of the embryos survived. We are all pretty sad about it.
I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this mate.... thoughts are with you and hope you're all okay. We're always here to chat

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Took Snowball to the vet today. Busy busy morning. This picture was taken roughly 10:30 this morning. She got a rabies shot so I could get her nails done at the vet. Bought a yearly whatever plan which meant they ran a few more stuff on her. Heartworm test, blood test. The lil orange bandaid was from a blood sample. Clean bill o' health! Next time we go down there; she'll probably just be getting nails cut, bath and ear cleaning.
20230725_140641.jpg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Discovered there's a sumo club near me. Messaged them asking about where they meet/prices/etc., they're apparently having a 3 day 'camp' from 10-3 each day this weekend for free, 20 minutes away. I think my weekend just got booked.
Ever tried it before? It's basically like playing King of the Hill. And it's aot of fun unless you get paired with someone who is a lot bigger, but I don't think that's the case with small clubs, but you never know :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this mate.... thoughts are with you and hope you're all okay. We're always here to chat
We're all doing pretty well, all things considered. But the news about the embryos was tough. She and her husband are coming to live with us while she's going through all of this. That way, we can help with the appointments so he can go to work. We mostly work from home, and he's in construction management, so he needs to be on the job site to do his job.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Discovered there's a sumo club near me. Messaged them asking about where they meet/prices/etc., they're apparently having a 3 day 'camp' from 10-3 each day this weekend for free, 20 minutes away. I think my weekend just got booked.
I'd love to give sumo a try.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever tried it before? It's basically like playing King of the Hill. And it's aot of fun unless you get paired with someone who is a lot bigger, but I don't think that's the case with small clubs, but you never know :)
Not sure if you've seen any videos I've posted on here before showing drills, but everyone's going to be a lot bigger than me. I'm 5'7 and 150 pounds.

And no, though I did train with some sumo wrestlers back when I was doing judo/sambo. I'm fully expecting to get railroaded every match, and to still enjoy myself.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, Steve. Hopefully she is able to recover, and any damage done to that area through chemo is just temporary. Either way, my heart goes out to all of you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not sure if you've seen any videos I've posted on here before showing drills, but everyone's going to be a lot bigger than me. I'm 5'7 and 150 pounds.

And no, though I did train with some sumo wrestlers back when I was doing judo/sambo. I'm fully expecting to get railroaded every match, and to still enjoy myself.

If my knees vould take it, I think it might be fun to try..... that is unless you look across the ring and this guy is there

photo_1354013853970-1-0.jpg

Then you may want to consider a tactical retreat :D

Latest Discussions