Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I got it.... since it is 2/22/22 on Tuesday we should all go to Tucson at 2:22PM FOR Tacos.... so at 2:22pm on 2/22/22 on Tuesday we meet in Tucson for Tacos...see ya there :D
I used my two-thbrush this morning... and today, I'm going to use some two-ls to assemble a two story doll house.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Try opal apples. They don’t keep well but if you eat them soon they are exquisite.
Will look for them. We have a gravenstein tree that produces pretty good apples. Gravensteins aren't very common in stores because they have a short season and also don't keep as well. But they are tart and make great pies.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will look for them. We have a gravenstein tree that produces pretty good apples. Gravensteins aren't very common in stores because they have a short season and also don't keep as well. But they are tart and make great pies.
Those are my all time favorite. I grew up on them. My friends have an orchard of huge Gravensteins. We used to get a buck in there every year.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You guys read that. I'll pull out my copy of Cruel Shoes, by Steve Martin. We'll see who's wiser at the end.

220px-Cruel_Shoes.jpg

It will not be me.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't think I've had a Cosmic Crisp, but I agree, anyway.
Cosmic Crisps are a new kind of apple, a hybrid between Honeycrisp and Enterprise. It's naturally resistant to disease, very resistant to bruising and browning, and has a long shelf life before becoming mealy. It's also pretty tasty.

Fun fact, they are hybrids, not GMO. I don't understand the difference, but I am told there is one.

To me they are not much different from Gala apples.
for baking I prefer Grany Smiths
Granny Smith is the gold standard for pies. :)

Latest Discussions