Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, considering the options I would have to call it a great day. One of my most favorite times of year, when (most) things work right.;)

Hey, the bailer and the hayfield didn't burn. That's great!
Did you get the rest put up?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey, the bailer and the hayfield didn't burn. That's great!
Did you get the rest put up?
Yes, we replaced 4 bearings and re-laced one belt and finished up yesterday without issue. This baler has been a work in process but I think we are getting there.
I have another crew at our larger hay fields with the newer baler. We will have to wait until this next rain moves through before we cut.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have watched so much stuff out of order....I really do need a calendar to tell what date it is!
Sports events from 20-30 years ago (and more)
Life sport.....
I hear my brain fizzle....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Forest Fenn's treasure has been found.....there goes my retirement plan.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We had a great weekend. Rolled another 230 rolls of hay without a single issue. Beautiful weather here for hay, but that also means it is Hot! After such a mild May it is a bit of an adjustment.
so May was cooler than average!
I thought it was...
Getting my laurel tree tomorrow.
Bayleaf for you cooks!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Feel like I'm being watched.......

(She loves popping in when I'm training! As soon as I get up from the bench she jumps up XD )
249d5a439aa9c82d79d792cf6178631b.jpg
9cedc07030d050a698a8561284eea0de.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel like I'm being watched.......

(She loves popping in when I'm training! As soon as I get up from the bench she jumps up XD )
249d5a439aa9c82d79d792cf6178631b.jpg
9cedc07030d050a698a8561284eea0de.jpg
Two of ourrs like to help me with push-ups. I might appreciate it if they were adding weight, but they seem to think the object is to remove the space under my face, so they shorten that space. One somehow fills that space almost entirely with dog tongue.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two of ourrs like to help me with push-ups. I might appreciate it if they were adding weight, but they seem to think the object is to remove the space under my face, so they shorten that space. One somehow fills that space almost entirely with dog tongue.

Hahahaha... ah yes I know that all too well!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mine does that as well, its benefit an you then transfer to an isometric hold at the limit of the space you have left, with the added benefit of the cost of failure is a crushed dog

this like say doing push ups over a deep muddy cold and possibly bio hazard puddle has a marked effect on you failure point

having unpleasant results as a consequence of failure in exercise, is a great help in performance increase

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I'm slowly learning to avoid posting when I'm in a foul mood. Or at least responding to posts that tick me off in a foul mood (if you got an alert that i replied to one of your posts yesterday or today, it was not one of the ones that ticked me off). I'm not always the best at realizing that. On a semi-related note, if it wasn't for COVID, I'd have woken up a married man today. And yesterday was the perfect day for a wedding.
I am so sorry, this must be hard for you and your fiancee. I hope you can still have a party and enjoy!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is damned impressive.

If you haven't seen this guy's stuff, I highly recommend it. His latest is a squirrel ninja warrior obstacle course. But if you haven't seen his glitter bomb videos, I recommend watching that too. All are linked below for your viewing pleasure:

The squirrel one was SO much fun! I just loved it!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cut, teddered, raked, and rolled 237 rolls of hay since Saturday. Had a bearing go out yesterday that caught hay residue inside the baler on fire. Luckily I was able to eject the bale and get the burn out before it really got going. Found a couple of other questionable bearings so we worked on the baler until about 7:00 last night. I have to re-splice a belt and will hopefully finish up baling today. Rain is on the way for tomorrow and I have about 70-80 more rolls to bale. Gotta get it going.
We had some dirt delivered on Monday, so my days this week have been - work my regular job, put on jeans, go shovel dirt. The plants are happy though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions