Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Feel like I'm being watched.......

(She loves popping in when I'm training! As soon as I get up from the bench she jumps up XD )
249d5a439aa9c82d79d792cf6178631b.jpg
9cedc07030d050a698a8561284eea0de.jpg
AWWWWWW! What a sweetie!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know it's been a while. Here is what's going on. Phase 2 of re-opening of the state began a week and a half ago. In my opinion, it was too soon, because our cases had not even leveled off - the were and continue going up. Meanwhile, too many are treating this like a family outing - @gpseymour sees it every day. The YMCA offers classes outside, with limited capacity and sign up to allow for proper social distancing, but I am staying put. I miss all my classes and all my friends dreadfully, but I am immuno-compromised so... there's that.

Work is CRAZY. It's not so much COVID-19 as more stuff that might feel like some of the symptoms - and people are worried and come to the hospital, rightfully so. So, it's hectic, doctors and nurses make more mistakes in their filing and charging, which means more stuff for me to investigate and and make recommendations on to get it fixed. Have been going through 350 - 450 patient records weekly. COVID - yes, but also heart attacks, cancers, attempted suicides, eating disorders, premature babies... The list goes on and on. I am very, very tired.

Have been doing my best to make time for translation, exercise, and making videos for YouTube and TikTok. Made some really good dancing ones and some nature walk ones - people tell me they like watching those (even the one minute-long TikTok ones) because they are so calming and soothing.

Well, my failure report calls. I'm going on. Y'all stay safe and well - I am begging you. If you are uncertain whether you should be out there, please stay home. Love you all!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know it's been a while. Here is what's going on. Phase 2 of re-opening of the state began a week and a half ago. In my opinion, it was too soon, because our cases had not even leveled off - the were and continue going up. Meanwhile, too many are treating this like a family outing - @gpseymour sees it every day. The YMCA offers classes outside, with limited capacity and sign up to allow for proper social distancing, but I am staying put. I miss all my classes and all my friends dreadfully, but I am immuno-compromised so... there's that.

Work is CRAZY. It's not so much COVID-19 as more stuff that might feel like some of the symptoms - and people are worried and come to the hospital, rightfully so. So, it's hectic, doctors and nurses make more mistakes in their filing and charging, which means more stuff for me to investigate and and make recommendations on to get it fixed. Have been going through 350 - 450 patient records weekly. COVID - yes, but also heart attacks, cancers, attempted suicides, eating disorders, premature babies... The list goes on and on. I am very, very tired.

Have been doing my best to make time for translation, exercise, and making videos for YouTube and TikTok. Made some really good dancing ones and some nature walk ones - people tell me they like watching those (even the one minute-long TikTok ones) because they are so calming and soothing.

Well, my failure report calls. I'm going on. Y'all stay safe and well - I am begging you. If you are uncertain whether you should be out there, please stay home. Love you all!

Hey was just thinking today it's been awhile. So sorry to hear... things sound crazy over there.

Yep I hear ya regarding things reopening too soon... I feel the same for here... our state's premier has been the strictest in the country, which I think is for the best. But yeah people are still acting like everything's normal, and things being eased up and people think it's back to normal.

Thinking of you, sending you light and distant hugs!

Please stay safe.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We’re probably still a couple of months away, here. And that’s assuming no significant second wave.

The second wave has already started. I'm as sure of that as I am that Rose Kennedy owned a black dress.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The second wave has already started. I'm as sure of that as I am that Rose Kennedy owned a black dress.
Looking at the NC numbers, I am not even sure we can call it the second wave. We never really had the dip following the first wave. So it's just.... a wave... Praying it's not a tsunami.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It certainly looks that way, at least in 19 states. Not sure if that’ll happen everywhere in the US, but if I was a betting man, I damned sure wouldn’t bet against it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We had some dirt delivered on Monday, so my days this week have been - work my regular job, put on jeans, go shovel dirt. The plants are happy though!
Two days after the hay was done we started moving hay. I had two tractors go down and ruined a trailer tire. But the hay got finished so there is a bright side. One tractor was an easy fix. Still working on the other.
You need a loader (aka, Gerry).:)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking at the NC numbers, I am not even sure we can call it the second wave. We never really had the dip following the first wave. So it's just.... a wave... Praying it's not a tsunami.
Same... and that's the tricky line.. our government even said and was honest that when we ease restrictions, there will be breakouts, there will be more cases, and that that's unavoidable. But to ease things slowly enough that it doesn't become a second wave that's out of our control.

I tip my hat to the government for that honesty, but also the position they're in is so incredibly difficult... massive decisions and uncharted waters :s

Hoping it doesn't escalate..

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two days after the hay was done we started moving hay. I had two tractors go down and ruined a trailer tire. But the hay got finished so there is a bright side. One tractor was an easy fix. Still working on the other.
You need a loader (aka, Gerry).:)
@gpseymour is usually out driving, delivering food to people when I work on that. But then I can con him into making dinner. ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome! The ending was so cool, rock on!
So, yes, I spent the last Sunday playing with my balls. (Couldn't let anyone beat me to the punch on that one. :p)

Serious business, dancing is hard. Dancing with a prop or a set of props is a whole other can of beans. Especially if they are moving props. Like training with a weapon. And after I'd hit myself in the head with the poi balls a few times, I am convinced they are basically weapons disguised as dance props... kind of like nunchaku is a weapon disguised as a farm tool for thrashing grain.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
10pm at the moment... waiting up for a Langley and Hotton Sensei training seminar at 12am, SO excited! SO incredibly tired though haha, but I'm sure the sooner it creeps up the excitement will flow. Cannot wait!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went up to the Ozarks this weekend for Jacobs Birthday trip.

2 hrs of hiking today and then a ghost tour tonight.....Ive been warned to keep my wise cracks to myself......its gonna be tough.
Oh dear... I don't know... You might explode by the end...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh dear... I don't know... You might explode by the end...

I made it through it.....it wasnt bad....it was more of a history of the town walk with ghost stories sprinkled in. The guide was funny and we enjoyed it.

We went ziplining this morning....a lot of fun. You zip line back and forth between 2 mountains with the longest line being 1/3 of a mile. Going to Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Fayetteville this afternoon.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I made it through it.....it wasnt bad....it was more of a history of the town walk with ghost stories sprinkled in. The guide was funny and we enjoyed it.

We went ziplining this morning....a lot of fun. You zip line back and forth between 2 mountains with the longest line being 1/3 of a mile. Going to Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Fayetteville this afternoon.
I am phobically afraid of heights. Glad you had fun. The museum sounds like more my speed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions