Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It can be so hard to get that routine started and much too easy to break it - it's great when it turns into a "want".
The tricky part for me is the randomness of my schedule lately-which you can probably figureout if you look at my post times. Having it be 24hour is a huge boon for routine though

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I must be more injured than I thought.

Mrs Xue, who generally calls me a wimp when I am sick or hurt, was after me this morning to wear a knee brace and walk with a cane...... I was not nervous about any of this before, but I am now :D

Knee brace ain't so bad.. you can still kick with it on.. ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, did good so far, cleaned some stuff up, and have not launched my virtual farm yet.
But I had a short and restless night (short was my fault, restless goes to a sick husband...) but I am enjoying the silence this morning, TV is off.

But I do need to buy some virus protection for the Lenovo Yoga.
I loved Avast for years, free version, considering to actually buy the comprehensive one now. No use in spending big bucks on the machine, then skimping on the protection, Besides, it is supposed to be for my yet to be conceived business! Plus Malwarebytes?
I am open to suggestions.
Also, I am finally understanding the difference between drawing and computer generated graphics...
is there something out there that is for hand drawing to the computer? I mean most allow for it, but as I learned from one tutorial it is not recommended for programs like Inkscape.
(and I am having resolution problems with the machine. I can barely see the task icons on the side, let alone hit it with a pointing device!)
I use Webroot, but I think their ratings have fallen a bit in the last couple of years. I run it beside Malwarebytes, but I'm not sure there's any benefit to running both any more. @Xue Sheng is more knowledgeable on that front by far.

As to the hand drawing, I think most artists hand-draw with a raster program like Photoshop. The best free alternative is GIMP. The difference is that vector has those points you can edit, which makes it best for precision shapes (think of most logos, for instance). Raster format is like something you've drawn by hand - you edit by erasing or drawing over something. You'll also want either a drawing pad (like the Wacom Intuos lines) or the more recent - and probably much better, but more expensive - option of a drawing display (like the Wacom Cintiq line). With the former, you're drawing on the tablet, but looking at the screen. With the latter, your artwork is on the "pen display", and you draw directly on it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
hmm, did good so far, cleaned some stuff up, and have not launched my virtual farm yet.
But I had a short and restless night (short was my fault, restless goes to a sick husband...) but I am enjoying the silence this morning, TV is off.

But I do need to buy some virus protection for the Lenovo Yoga.
I loved Avast for years, free version, considering to actually buy the comprehensive one now. No use in spending big bucks on the machine, then skimping on the protection, Besides, it is supposed to be for my yet to be conceived business! Plus Malwarebytes?
I am open to suggestions.
Also, I am finally understanding the difference between drawing and computer generated graphics...
is there something out there that is for hand drawing to the computer? I mean most allow for it, but as I learned from one tutorial it is not recommended for programs like Inkscape.
(and I am having resolution problems with the machine. I can barely see the task icons on the side, let alone hit it with a pointing device!)

Malwarebytes is one of my go to tools and I am very happy with it.
HitmanPro is free, but I would go with the version that you pay for
TrendMicro is also good
F-Secure is also good, however it is scan heavy and it will slow down your boot time

I tend to always run a minimum of 2, sometime 3 on my home PCs (Mac included) and when there is a virus issue at work or home, I could be running as many a 5 on the PC.

Things to consider, some security systems do not play well others and some will not install if another is present. The first 3 I listed do run together, but I don't know about F-Secure, I have not run it in years.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I discovered I get a free gym membership through my work, so I've been going for around an hour most nights (along with the bodyweight workout, yes @Tony Dismukes I'm still doing it. Just keep forgetting what i did by the time I remember to update), Anyway, got out of work a bit later than I intended, and cut my gym workout to 25 minutes to makeup for it. I'm happy to say that I'm back to the stage where I miss it if I don't get through a full workout!
Well done! It's never easy to stick with it. I mean look at the stampeded we have at the gym in January - and look at what we have now. Big difference. You should be proud of yourself.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Anybody else having problems with our forum site? I keep getting booted off and having to log in again.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I dunno’. It’s odd.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good day at the Black belt test and seminars.

Jacob got to be an assistant to one of the BB instructor in the sparring seminar. The BB he got to assist is one of the BB he grew up looking up to. So he was excited to get to help him.

43085.jpeg 43084.jpeg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jacob got to be an assistant to one of the BB instructor in the sparring seminar. The BB he got to assist is one of the BB he grew up looking up to. So he was excited to get to help him.

View attachment 22278 View attachment 22279
That's a nice bit of recognition for Jacob. Bet he had fun with it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No. I almost never have to log in. Have you tried clearing the cookies for the site?

Not really sure what that is or how to do such a thing.

But on a related note, I'm cleaning out photos from my I-phone. Deleted six hundred of them so far today. I have a stationary post at work today, I'll do the more later.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what that is or how to do such a thing.

But on a related note, I'm cleaning out photos from my I-phone. Deleted six hundred of them so far today. I have a stationary post at work today, I'll do the more later.
Which browser do you use (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 22278 View attachment 22279
That's awesome! Always cool when stuff like that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions