Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, let's break this down. First of all, this is not Ukrainian and has nothing to do with Ukrainian anything. This was a Russian TV show, and this was an installment recorded in Ukraine. The song was not Ukrainian. The dance was not Ukrainian. So, nothing about this was Ukrainian except the location.

Also, since there is a war on, I would advise against flying to, over, near, around, or through Ukraine. Just.... don't... There are certain troops on the ground with the fondness for shooting down passenger planes "by mistake" - and we'd hate to lose you to something so stupid. ;)

This is more like it - still fun, but far more tasteful and authentic. Jokes aside, like dancers in other genres, folk dancers are AMAZING athletes.

I was about to put an APB out on you, absent for 2 days without notice that you would be mud hopping, cooking, or translating....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, let's break this down. First of all, this is not Ukrainian and has nothing to do with Ukrainian anything. This was a Russian TV show, and this was an installment recorded in Ukraine. The song was not Ukrainian. The dance was not Ukrainian. So, nothing about this was Ukrainian except the location.

Also, since there is a war on, I would advise against flying to, over, near, around, or through Ukraine. Just.... don't... There are certain troops on the ground with the fondness for shooting down passenger planes "by mistake" - and we'd hate to lose you to something so stupid. ;)

This is more like it - still fun, but far more tasteful and authentic. Jokes aside, like dancers in other genres, folk dancers are AMAZING athletes.

Haha ah fair enough, and thanks for the heads up!

And WOW that was really cool, definitely alot of athleticism in that performance!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
just to underline the shock to the system Gildo and Verka were to the collective European system.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Back from Arizona, saw the canyon, and drove through Flagstaff the day before they got 40 inches of snow. Did get to see te Grand Canyon this time, it was cold, but clear. Ate way to much Mexican food, I am now Mexican fooded out

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back from Arizona, saw the canyon, and drove through Flagstaff the day before they got 40 inches of snow. Did get to see te Grand Canyon this time, it was cold, but clear. Ate way to much Mexican food, I am now Mexican fooded out
Remind me not to go out that way when you're out there. You seem to be a bad influence.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Remind me not to go out that way when you're out there. You seem to be a bad influence.

Not true
Lets see.....

Hottest day (110) on record in the month I was in San Diego
Full city black out with the highest rain totals in years when I went to Toronto
Below normal temperatures when I was in Las Vegas
Rare Blizzard, White out, at the Grand Canyon the first time I was there
Highest snow totals in one day in Flagstaff and highest rain totals in Phoenix when I was there....

Ok...umm.... never mind

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true
Lets see.....

Hottest day (110) on record in the month I was in San Diego
Full city black out with the highest rain totals in years when I went to Toronto
Below normal temperatures when I was in Las Vegas
Rare Blizzard, White out, at the Grand Canyon the first time I was there
Highest snow totals in one day in Flagstaff and highest rain totals in Phoenix when I was there....

Ok...umm.... never mind
It's just as well you live 27,000 miles away. Nature hates you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's just as well you live 27,000 miles away. Nature hates you.

Actually, I think it is because nature loves me...it follows me everywhere trying to impress me....but it actually didn't try and impress me when I drove the 27,000 miles to Williamsburg, Virginia....Which I found rather distressing

Considering his mud allergies, the feeling might be mutual. ;)

OK, I admit it....it is not so much a mud allergy as I am mud intolerant

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mrs Xue and I go on vacation every year and generally at some point she starts talking about the possibility of retiring there. However when we get back home her view is; she beens there already and has no desire to return. On to the next place for vacation.

We were just in Phoenix and the same retirement discussion occurred, per usual, but this time, now that we are home, she is saying she would not mind going back..... of all the places we've been, she decides she wants to go back to the place that can be 136 degrees Fahrenheit, with scorpions, blister beetles, rattle snakes and tarantulas.....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stranger danger!!
Lol we are not supposed to teach that anymore. kids are in far more danger from non- strangers.
That like a huge no no to say at my new job. people freak out when i say it.......so now i say it on purpose to mess with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions