Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it cheating to write a long story using one word per post in order to get past the 1000 mark

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol
it's tedious though, with a 30 sec wait between posts
but sure, go ahead

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hoping for 57,000lbs live weight averaging $1.38/lb. We are currently finishing 20 steers for slaughter. Finished prices higher. I can hook you up.
I'd need a bigger freezer
a baby cow would work just fine]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not even noon yet and between home issues and work related incompetence.....I have a splitting headache.....I now have to fix an issue that someone else was supposed to handle months ago.....as for the rest....meh....time will tell...after that...I think I will do as much taijiquan as my knees will allow

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got woken up from a dream the other that I was at a boxing training camp, and one of the trainers there wouldn't let me box southpaw. Explained to him it's a legitimate way to box, proved it to him, and also I can't throw hard hooks with my left due to a shoulder issue (true outside of dreamland), and he didn't care. Told me I had to, or I had to leave, no refund. I woke up furious about an hour after I went to sleep, couldn't fall asleep again until 3/4. Then had to get up a little before 7 for work. Did not end up being a fun workday.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got woken up from a dream the other that I was at a boxing training camp, and one of the trainers there wouldn't let me box southpaw. Explained to him it's a legitimate way to box, proved it to him, and also I can't throw hard hooks with my left due to a shoulder issue (true outside of dreamland), and he didn't care. Told me I had to, or I had to leave, no refund. I woke up furious about an hour after I went to sleep, couldn't fall asleep again until 3/4. Then had to get up a little before 7 for work. Did not end up being a fun workday.
That sounds pretty intense.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty intense.
It was. I usually don't remember my dreams, but this one stuck out. The cool thing is I was getting a really intense workout until they switched my trainers on me. Too bad I don't have the time/money for that (or ability with COVID) to attend something like that now.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In other news, today is day 3 of the January Grand Sumo tournament, if anyone's interested. Third consecutive tournament with Hakuho out. Twice for injury and now he's tested positive for COVID, along with several others.

Also missing Enho, who dropped down to Juryo this tournament, so his matches aren't being included in the broadcasts I watch. He's such an underdog, but it's fun to watch him try to move those guys who outweigh him by sometimes over 150lbs.

Big news this go around is that Takakeisho is going for Yokozuna, though with two losses out of the gate, it's looking like an uphill battle for him.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In other news, today is day 3 of the January Grand Sumo tournament, if anyone's interested. Third consecutive tournament with Hakuho out. Twice for injury and now he's tested positive for COVID, along with several others.

Also missing Enho, who dropped down to Juryo this tournament, so his matches aren't being included in the broadcasts I watch. He's such an underdog, but it's fun to watch him try to move those guys who outweigh him by sometimes over 150lbs.

Big news this go around is that Takakeisho is going for Yokozuna, though with two losses out of the gate, it's looking like an uphill battle for him.
I normally enjoy enho, but just felt bad the last tournament. He was trying so many different things, trying to force a way to evolve his game, and just...couldn't. I think it might be better for him to practice at Juryo for a bit, improve himself (and also put on some of the weight he lost back), and give it a fresh go with a different mentality.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I normally enjoy enho, but just felt bad the last tournament. He was trying so many different things, trying to force a way to evolve his game, and just...couldn't. I think it might be better for him to practice at Juryo for a bit, improve himself (and also put on some of the weight he lost back), and give it a fresh go with a different mentality.
I think you're right, though those juryo guys aren't any smaller. :D

It seems like he's got something jinky with his back, too.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're right, though those juryo guys aren't any smaller. :D

It seems like he's got something jinky with his back, too.
They might not be smaller, but he can at least work and compete with them on a better footing. And I don't think he'll be back immediately, he'll have to work his way back up a bit. Didn't know something was wrong with his back though, that's unfortunate.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They might not be smaller, but he can at least work and compete with them on a better footing. And I don't think he'll be back immediately, he'll have to work his way back up a bit. Didn't know something was wrong with his back though, that's unfortunate.
To clarify, I don't know if he was injured or not. Just looked like it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions