Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am officially tired. Belly dancing on Friday, Barre and yoga on Saturday, a two-hour Zumba-thon yesterday to raise money for the Y. Got POUND after work today - I am going to be SO dead.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mint MATE on the new one (if I can ever figure out why I can't build a bootable USB drive to install from), and some flavor of Mint on the VM (the one I'm currently staring at, uncomprehendingly).
I lied. It's Cinnamon on the VM. For some reason I named the VM "Linux Mint". Either because that's what I originally intended to install, or just because I was feeling mean to myself that day.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mint MATE on the new one (if I can ever figure out why I can't build a bootable USB drive to install from), and some flavor of Mint on the VM (the one I'm currently staring at, uncomprehendingly).

Download Rufus 3.5, or whatever the lasted version is. That is how I make bootable thumb drives these days

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I worked in hospitals, whenever any one said..."Its been a slow night"....all Hell broke loose within 15 minutes
I was not allowed to say 'quiet' under threat of getting my mouth washed out with soap!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am wondering if I could load my video game on an external harddrive, and play from there....I miss it, but non of my machines (safe for the Yoga, but that is supposed to be for work only - never mind I don't have a job) can handle the demands anymore.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I could load my video game on an external harddrive, and play from there....I miss it, but non of my machines (safe for the Yoga, but that is supposed to be for work only - never mind I don't have a job) can handle the demands anymore.
You could set up the Yoga to boot from an external hard drive - install a clean OS and just the game on it. If you connected via USB 3, it might be fast enough to be playable, with a good drive.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You could set up the Yoga to boot from an external hard drive - install a clean OS and just the game on it. If you connected via USB 3, it might be fast enough to be playable, with a good drive.
a little involved for me. but I might give it a shot.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just spent $4.30.... and got $0.70 in change....which resulted in me only spending $1.52.

How you might ask..... one of the quarters then gave me was a 1943 quarter in good condition, which is worth $2.78

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just spent $4.30.... and got $0.70 in change....which resulted in me only spending $1.52.

How you might ask..... one of the quarters then gave me was a 1943 quarter in good condition, which is worth $2.78
Until you sell it for $2.78 it’s onky worth a quarter. :).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

you are having a very good day!
Poor addict who spend it in the liquor store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions