Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yesterday was the Southwest Airlines inaugural flight to Maui. Newcomers here usually get a lei as a greeting of Aloha.

We gave it to the plane. I thought it very cool.

PlaneLei.JPG

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounded way too much like some of the stuff people put on face book.
Hey, not everyone puts that kind of stuff on Facebook. From my Facebook book page today, "Innocence in genius, and candor in power, are both noble qualities." - Madame de Stael

So there! :smuggrin:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey, not everyone puts that kind of stuff on Facebook. From my Facebook book page today, "Innocence in genius, and candor in power, are both noble qualities." - Madame de Stael

So there! :smuggrin:
I have never heard that before. I like it! I am innocent all the time:D:D:D.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have never heard that before. I like it! I am innocent all the time:D:D:D.
I also post random excerpts from my translations on Facebook, so people get to sample a buffet of Odoyevsky, Pushkin, Kuprin, Dostoyevsky, Leskov, Marko Vovchok, and many others. Facebook is like life - it's only dumb if you fill it with dumb people and ideas. If you hang with intellectuals, it's quite fun and educational.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As strange as this sounds, even to me, because I am not a gambler, I want to be in Las Vegas today. Think I'd go to Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill for lunch....which in Vegas is 3 hours from now

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
As strange as this sounds, even to me, because I am not a gambler, I want to be in Las Vegas today. Think I'd go to Sharky's Woodfired Mexican Grill for lunch....which in Vegas is 3 hours from now
Don't let the sad looking people walking away with nothing but the clothes on their backs scare you away from gambling. It's not like you'll lose your money, your car, your soul, or your kidneys. If you wanna gamble you go on ahead!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hubby is watching 'Deathwish' 3, I think. Man, those are a bunch of bad movies! :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first Death Wish was great. Dark, B movie for sure, but our generation loved it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have noticed something through experimentation

I have not been feeling well lately so I have been experimenting a bit.

First, it seems like the Qigong I have been doing helps. Also I have been working towards returning to my mostly vegetarian ways and if I spend a day eating mostly, or totally, vegetarian... I feel pretty good. I start eating meat. like most Americans do, I start feeling sick. Was mostly vegetarian for a few days and then yesterday I started, as part of my breakfast, with an "Organic" chicken sausage and I felt a little strange. Later that day, for lunch, I had some homemade chicken soup and I felt worse. I was going to do some sort of animal protein for dinner, but my stomach was saying no so I avoided it. Today I have been back to my vegetarian ways and I am feeling pretty good, and I did not get my 9:00 am energy crash that I have been getting everyday for a few weeks now.

I realize none of this is actual scientific experimentation and it should be taken with a grain of salt, but it is interesting to me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
totally plausible. I have been taking my coffee with creamer for years (because, well, dairy can make me break out bad).
Then I noticed I was feeling very unwell. So I skipped the creamer. felt better. using cream now, still good.
well that particular creamer starts out with 'corn syrup solids' - sugar.
I have been having issues with eating stuff like cookies, etc for a while now, feeling like I got run over by a truck.
I can see where animal protein does you in, especially when you normally stay veggie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions