Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
don't feel bad! Nobody understands the sizing of women's clothing. Not even the manufacturers. On the other hand I usually have to choose 'long' in pants, or I look as if I am expecting a flood.
Now that I am fat enough, shopping in the guy section is easier. just waist and inseam (they ought to have 31 inseam more often though, 30 gets too short after several wash cycles. and I am not quite a 32)
You are not fat. You are Rubenesque.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are not fat. You are Rubenesque.
yes, let's go with the classics.
But I decided that this size jeans is going to be the top, nothing bigger, Time to hit the workout floor - hopefully not literally though.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
yes, let's go with the classics.
But I decided that this size jeans is going to be the top, nothing bigger, Time to hit the workout floor - hopefully not literally though.
Wish you lived closer. I could be your workout buddy. Five fitness classes every week and daily stretching. How about it?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did manage to not die on the exercise bike though
5 minutes today. yeah for Rocky workout montage ding ding ding ding.....there is no easy way out.....slow and steady wins the race....

and this concluded the cliche festival for today.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
5 minutes today. yeah for Rocky workout montage ding ding ding ding.....there is no easy way out.....slow and steady wins the race....

We are having a karaoke cycling class at the YMCA next week - for fundraising purposes!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are having a karaoke cycling class at the YMCA next week - for fundraising purposes!
I pray, do tell, what are the rules for that event?!
Do you have to sing while peddling?! I have a hard enough time to stay on as it is!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have to sing while peddling?! I have a hard enough time to stay on as it is!
You switch turns doing karaoke, and everyone else has to peddle to the rhythm of the song.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good work. As long as it's hard to do, it's exercise.

(Does that make NOT eating cake for breakfast exercise? Asking for a friend.)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are four primary performers - the instructors who signed up for this (brave souls). And then everyone else sings along while pedaling, and then if someone also wants to take the mic - they can do that if there is time left.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha that sounds amazing!
I love stuff like that and participate whenever I can. Last year, we did a Halloween Zumba marathon fundraising for a local police department to have a self-defense program. This year, we are doing the cycling karaoke and then in May - a Cinco de Mayo Zumba marathon, which is basically two hours of non-stop dancing.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
A somewhat sucky day today - a brutal physical and downtime on both critical systems at work. But better news on the osteoma. The doc said to keep dancing and stretching to stave off the thinning of cartilege and hip replacement. Anything where the leg is raised and particularly where we settle into the hip joints and pelvis. That applies to three out of five classes I take. And stretching - which is involved in all of them. So... there's that. Told the instructors I work with to bring this to the attention of their Barre, Zumba, Pound, and FIIT students who are having hip issues. Squats and stretches keep reviving the hip joint cartilege and make longer lasting joints, as well as create additional padding for those of us who have bone growths where they shouldn't be.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid of heights. But I still climb 25-foot tall obstacles and slide off them on my bum.

I'm afraid of heights too. Terribly. As in, climbing a ladder to change a light bulb makes me shake. So I did this.

That was 6 weeks after I'd finished a six-month course of daily chemo and radiation. I was still weak and still had a feeding tube in.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Technically, I am not afraid of heights, however I am not about to go to the edge of any high building, or the Grand Canyon and look down, if there is no railing or barrier, like the west rim of the Grand Canyon. Being on the walk way of the CN tower in Toronto was cool, but you won't get me on the tour that goes higher, outside and is connected by a cable. I use to have no problem at all working on a roof, but I will admit, after I turned 50, I had to do something on my roof, I climbed up there no problem, had no problem on the ladder, but once I got on the roof I made the decision that I never wanted to be on a roof again.

Status
Not open for further replies.