Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bracket came of youngest's Braces
Went to Orthodontist to get it reattached
Before we left the office it came off again so the reattached it...again
Came off again at lunch today

Made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to get it reattached again
Mrs Xue made me cancel it and she will take her Wednesday to get it reattached
I actually feel sorry for the orthodontist now.....cause I know why Mrs Xue wants to handle this
I'll monitor the news feeds.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was all excited for a moment there, Plin. I'm doing Tough Mudder in June, too...in Virginia.
What are the dates on that one? Or a webpage... I might get crazy and see about joining you. Though there is that whole "mud" thing... I hear it's not good for you -- though the person saying that doesn't like bacon,so...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Obstacles are fine, mud is fine.

It's all the silly running in between that'd get me.

Plin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was all excited for a moment there, Plin. I'm doing Tough Mudder in June, too...in Virginia.

Virginia is a long way from Whistler, alas. Although if it’s anything like the last time I did it, I envy your weather.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the dates on that one? Or a webpage... I might get crazy and see about joining you. Though there is that whole "mud" thing... I hear it's not good for you -- though the person saying that doesn't like bacon,so...
First weekend in June. I'm doing both days - a 3-mile on Saturday that I hope to actually jog, and a 10-mile on Sunday that even I'm not delusional enough to expect me to be able to jog the whole thing. So Sunday will be a lot of walking between jogs. Oh, and mud. Much mud.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Virginia is a long way from Whistler, alas. Although if it’s anything like the last time I did it, I envy your weather.
June in northern VA should be warm, but probably cooler than around my home. What weather did you have last time you did one?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There were people who ended up with hypothermia. In June.
The one we do in Georgia in April is chancy. People think Georgia is ALWAYS warm. Well, it's not. Not at 9 am in April in the mountains. Looking at our obstacle list - at least three are water obstacles, and one has liquid mud - so, same thing. Probably going to be cold.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Do you know how much people pay at spas to have a mud facial? Mud runs cost WAY less. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Obstacles are fine, mud is fine.

It's all the silly running in between that'd get me.
Anyone who knows me will tell you - Hobbit doesn't run. Hobbit strolls. Occasionally, Hobbit walks vigorously. So, when I participate in these, we don't have a mud run. We have a mud walk.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were people who ended up with hypothermia. In June.
Ow. Even the one we did in October in Georgia, I don't think anyone had hypothermia. Of course, we did a half, so the ice bath obstacle wasn't on the menu for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.