Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And then what happened? I have guesses but I would like to hear it from you.

And then I went and started JKD again...and it may come as a surprise...but my knees were starting to hurt.....then I had another doctor tell me that I should not be getting hit in the head due to past retina issues and a thinning retina in the good eye...so I stopped JKD...for a little while...until the knees felt better......so I went and tried another JKD school and did a lot of foot work...which if you think about it...stresses your joints much like running...and my knees and more importantly my hips started hurting a lot...so I stopped JKD......and then I hobbled for a few weeks.....then decided to stick with taijiquan

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think you secretly miss the ice bath. @Xue Sheng , no, you would not like that one either, even though there is zero mud involved.

I've been in very cold water...off the coast of cape cod...did not think I could find colder water to get into....kind of made you numb it was so cold...then I found a small pond in the rocks in New Hampshire... being fed by a waterfall....so I got in that...it was MUCH colder than the water off of Cape Cod...no numbness...straight to pain..... the water fall was from melting snow from the mountains ice cape......there was no mud involved...just rocks and really REALLY cold water....so...not going there intentionally again...since I was about 40 years younger at that time

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
well...been helping the youngest study for a social studies test......

wondering how the oldest it doing visiting friends in NYC
and I'm off to the basement to do taiji

Good night MT

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been in very cold water...off the coast of cape cod...did not think I could find colder water to get into....kind of made you numb it was so cold...then I found a small pond in the rocks in New Hampshire... being fed by a waterfall....so I got in that...it was MUCH colder than the water off of Cape Cod...no numbness...straight to pain..... the water fall was from melting snow from the mountains ice cape......there was no mud involved...just rocks and really REALLY cold water....so...not going there intentionally again...since I was about 40 years younger at that time
Growing up in Ukraine, we used to go to the beach in April or May and play cards. Whoever lost had to go into the Dnieper river and "warm up the water".

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
No cast needed for my foot! Just physio (which I started today)! Physio said he's expecting I'll recover quick due to my martial arts training.

I'm beaming :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And then I went and started JKD again...and it may come as a surprise...but my knees were starting to hurt.....then I had another doctor tell me that I should not be getting hit in the head due to past retina issues and a thinning retina in the good eye...so I stopped JKD...for a little while...until the knees felt better......so I went and tried another JKD school and did a lot of foot work...which if you think about it...stresses your joints much like running...and my knees and more importantly my hips started hurting a lot...so I stopped JKD......and then I hobbled for a few weeks.....then decided to stick with taijiquan
So, it took you how many times of doctors telling you not to do something before you actually stopped? ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ow. Even the one we did in October in Georgia, I don't think anyone had hypothermia. Of course, we did a half, so the ice bath obstacle wasn't on the menu for that one.
In fairness, the Block Ness Monster ALMOST made up for it. Especially for those of us who couldn't stand up in the water... due to the water... being... um... too deep and had to swim the whole time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So, it took you how many times of doctors telling you not to do something before you actually stopped? ;)

All total between the eye docs and bone doc.....three.....wait.....if you include Mrs Xue....four.....I have a history of not listening well to MDs when it comes to martial arts....but I'm getting better....this time I did eventually stop and I am not contemplating a return.....besides, I am enjoying the heck out of taiji at the moment.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness, the Block Ness Monster ALMOST made up for it. Especially for those of us who couldn't stand up in the water... due to the water... being... um... too deep and had to swim the whole time.
Nope. Not even close. I enjoy Block Ness. I only get out of that one when I start getting too tired to be of much help. The Arctic Enema is another story entirely.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
All total between the eye docs and bone doc.....three.....wait.....if you include Mrs Xue....four.....I have a history of not listening well to MDs when it comes to martial arts....but I'm getting better....this time I did eventually stop and I am not contemplating a return.....besides, I am enjoying the heck out of taiji at the moment.
Maybe your doctors should take a page out of Mrs. Xue's book and arm themselves with needles.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. Not even close. I enjoy Block Ness. I only get out of that one when I start getting too tired to be of much help. The Arctic Enema is another story entirely.
I enjoy it too. I just don't enjoy not being able to put my feet on the bottom without drowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions