Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
sooner or later you have to go to sleep....

Yeah, but it's a hour half drive there then another hour half drive back and best, I won't charge either besides the back seats got tinted windows good for taking naps so there are some bright side

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Let's start a debate! Disney Movie Songs! The voice of the character singing the song or the artist that re sings it for album sales? Example: Let it Go! from frozen. Idina Menzel or Demi Lovato?

Pick a language, it has been sung by multiple singers in multiple languages and in Mandarin it has been recorded and preformed by both a man and a woman

Last edited by a moderator:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let's start a debate! Disney Movie Songs! The voice of the character singing the song or the artist that re sings it for album sales? Example: Let it Go! from frozen. Idina Menzel or Demi Lovato?

oh, you mean from movie to album?
Tough call. I think often I prefer the movie version. (I like Demi Lovato, but the film versions are often performed by much stronger singers)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lets not line disneys pockets anymore than we already are doing ;) and forget the cheesey spinoffs that just sound - well - downright awful tbph ;)

today is supposed to be arest day and all i've done is run errands for other people - wtf ????? i was supposed to be kicking back and enjoying the sunshine or at least what little of it there is left :)

my face looks as though i fought last night too :( bit swollen round the eye sockets and my nose has been pushed to the right and needs putting back in place (i gotta pull it out and put it back) and somehow i managed to damage the outside of my right hand :(

really not good :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My "Rest Days" usually mean mowing the lawn and working in the yard and that is generally harder than what I do during the week.

Ever think about resting form fighting, you sound pretty beat up there, might be time for a fight rest....and an MD visit.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I'm in the car, dog gots its seat belt on, I got my seat belt on, snacks for the drive, and a welcome back card time to hit the highway and go to the airport :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lets not line disneys pockets anymore than we already are doing ;) and forget the cheesey spinoffs that just sound - well - downright awful tbph ;)

today is supposed to be arest day and all i've done is run errands for other people - wtf ????? i was supposed to be kicking back and enjoying the sunshine or at least what little of it there is left :)

my face looks as though i fought last night too :( bit swollen round the eye sockets and my nose has been pushed to the right and needs putting back in place (i gotta pull it out and put it back) and somehow i managed to damage the outside of my right hand :(

really not good :(

Do you wanna build a snowman?

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
would love to build a snowman might help to take some of the swelling out of me ;)

thankyou for the advice Xue :) but fighting is in my blood :) it's something that i've always done - it's just that as the years go by things have moved on and muay thai in particular has got faster and far more brutal than it ever used to be so for me i gotta keep up with the pace of change and at the same time add more things to my repertoire than i had before, basically it's like going back to school and starting in the first grade after every fight season has finished :)

i love the training - i love the pad work and i love fighting but the bit that always gets me is the full contact sparring cos i fight at lightweight but cos of the people that go i have to fight against heavyweights :( not good --- a body shot from a lightweight doesn't do much damage but a body shot from a heavyweight leaves me on the floor :(

hoping that i can find another gym or something where there are other lightweights to train against :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
That would be cool if there was snow except it's summer

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
would love to build a snowman might help to take some of the swelling out of me ;)

thankyou for the advice Xue :) but fighting is in my blood :) it's something that i've always done - it's just that as the years go by things have moved on and muay thai in particular has got faster and far more brutal than it ever used to be so for me i gotta keep up with the pace of change and at the same time add more things to my repertoire than i had before, basically it's like going back to school and starting in the first grade after every fight season has finished :)

i love the training - i love the pad work and i love fighting but the bit that always gets me is the full contact sparring cos i fight at lightweight but cos of the people that go i have to fight against heavyweights :( not good --- a body shot from a lightweight doesn't do much damage but a body shot from a heavyweight leaves me on the floor :(

hoping that i can find another gym or something where there are other lightweights to train against :)

True, but when you are broken you won't be able to fight...
Or maybe look into cane fighting. :D
(if your Scooby was this beat up, you'd take the time to rebuild!)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
that's the nuts thing - last time i was this beaten up i just fought harder cos i was this beaten up ;)

cane fighting ????? you sure you didn't mean cage fighting ?????

oh and if my scooby was this beat up then the person that done it would be in a grave ;) and then i'd rebuild it but differently :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's effective though they do have canes for sparring but just not the kind you see grandpa/grandma walking around with but then again most canes are made of metal, might not be a sharpened sword but still hurts if hit with one though(or atleast my guess)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcPM9OZUeM

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
that's the nuts thing - last time i was this beaten up i just fought harder cos i was this beaten up ;)

cane fighting ????? you sure you didn't mean cage fighting ?????

oh and if my scooby was this beat up then the person that done it would be in a grave ;) and then i'd rebuild it but differently :)

Do what I do say go easy on my I'm old then clean their clock lol

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Take it from someone who took it further than they should have, but still not quite as far as you have, all those injuries, contusions, cuts, scrapes, broken bones and slipped disks add up and it can be a real pain when you hit your 50s and all of a sudden you realize there is no more recovery there is just dealing with it

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thankyou for that positive ressponse ;) oh the joys of getting old ;)

thinking that at this rate i might not get to see 40 let alone 50 ;)

for me it's an addiction and like you say - i could prolly take it to whole different league, am considering taking all the advice that's been dished out and just go to musclehouse gym and just train for a few weeks before going back into the danger zone again :)

think that time away from fighting might be worth it - might get things to recover that have never recovered before :) also am hoping that i can make me even stronger than before definitely physically but mentally really don't know if i can change my state of mind -- guess it's one of those things i've always fought and i'll prolly always fight - don't really know any different anymore.

my whole life has just been one massive scrap - being adopted by violent alcoholic "parents", then joining the "crew" and then having to fight for everything that i needed (forget wanted) and i'm still having to fight even now for stuff that's needed --- the only calming influence is my doggy :) i step out of line too far and i lose him :( but hell the scrap just goes on and on.............

muay thai gave me an avenue where i could legally trash someone or something when i have a bad or "off" day and that i like :) but everyone goes to fight club to fight and my only problem is the level of violence --- it's just increased ten fold in the the last month or so :( i know that there's a big competition next month but idk.............

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
thankyou for that positive ressponse ;) oh the joys of getting old ;)

thinking that at this rate i might not get to see 40 let alone 50 ;)

for me it's an addiction and like you say - i could prolly take it to whole different league, am considering taking all the advice that's been dished out and just go to musclehouse gym and just train for a few weeks before going back into the danger zone again :)

think that time away from fighting might be worth it - might get things to recover that have never recovered before :) also am hoping that i can make me even stronger than before definitely physically but mentally really don't know if i can change my state of mind -- guess it's one of those things i've always fought and i'll prolly always fight - don't really know any different anymore.

my whole life has just been one massive scrap - being adopted by violent alcoholic "parents", then joining the "crew" and then having to fight for everything that i needed (forget wanted) and i'm still having to fight even now for stuff that's needed --- the only calming influence is my doggy :) i step out of line too far and i lose him :( but hell the scrap just goes on and on.............

muay thai gave me an avenue where i could legally trash someone or something when i have a bad or "off" day and that i like :) but everyone goes to fight club to fight and my only problem is the level of violence --- it's just increased ten fold in the the last month or so :( i know that there's a big competition next month but idk.............

I never thought I'd see 30..... and that was over 20 years ago

Train at gyms, avoid fight clubs, or at least that is my old man advice, take it for what it is worth

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue thankyou for the advice :)

i take on board everything that everyone that's been there seen and done it says -- "the voice of experience" :)

that's settled then i'll sign up a monthly contract with musclehouse gym :) i can still kick bags and train hard but without the obvious dangers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions