Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I started my new job last week. Ive been in training there and today we took a trip to the United States Holocaust Museum. They run a program for law enforcement officers to show their roll in the how and why the Govt was able to kill so many people. We took a tour with a woman that was in a Concentration Camp then had a discussion with a lawyer from the Anti-defamation league. It was a very moving and emotional tour. Hearing the stories and seeing the pictures was hard. Def teared up a few times listening to the stories.

Have a Holocaust section in the state museum near me, likely not as intense an experience as you went though there, but it is a rather sobering experience

So, how's the new job going so far?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
getting an MRI scan on my knee tomorrow..

Been there, a few times, just sit, relax and let the machine do all the work, and hopefully you won't have a tech that thinks cranking loud music into the room helps you. The first time I had an MRI of my knee I actually had to ask the guy to turn it down.

I hope all comes out ok with your knee

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been there, a few times, just sit, relax and let the machine do all the work, and hopefully you won't have a tech that thinks cranking loud music into the room helps you. The first time I had an MRI of my knee I actually had to ask the guy to turn it down.

I hope all comes out ok with your knee

Thank You! ..I'll just be glad to figure out what's going on and why it hurts so much..

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have a Holocaust section in the state museum near me, likely not as intense an experience as you went though there, but it is a rather sobering experience
Yeah I had gone before on my own but this time having an actual survivor of a Concentration Camp tall to us and tell us stories hit me like a hammer. The way the program was set up was to show what roll law enforcement played and every officer in the US should be required to attend this program.
So, how's the new job going so far?
Love it. The Chief is an awsome guy looks out for his people which is different then my last departmemt. for example Thursday the recruit class graduated. About an hour before graduation one of the recruits wives went into labor and he couldn't attend his swearing in ceremony. So after the main ceremony the chief and command staff went to hospital and swore him in during a private ceremony so his wife could see him get his badge

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah I had gone before on my own but this time having an actual survivor of a Concentration Camp tall to us and tell us stories hit me like a hammer. The way the program was set up was to show what roll law enforcement played and every officer in the US should be required to attend this program.

I can imagine seeing that with an actual survivor would be very intense

Love it. The Chief is an awsome guy looks out for his people which is different then my last departmemt. for example Thursday the recruit class graduated. About an hour before graduation one of the recruits wives went into labor and he couldn't attend his swearing in ceremony. So after the main ceremony the chief and command staff went to hospital and swore him in during a private ceremony so his wife could see him get his badge

Awesome, sounds like a great department to work for

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's take-your-bird-for-a-walk day:
10458735_10153259612489547_2812417019508740751_n.jpg

A friend saw this down town the other day!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dogs are not the only ones who enjoy hanging their heads out the window

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's take-your-bird-for-a-walk day:
10458735_10153259612489547_2812417019508740751_n.jpg

A friend saw this down town the other day!

Posting that picture got me a warning on the bird forum: Showing a bird in a dangerous situation! :arghh::bucktooth:

but yeah. folks around here.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And is it ever manic.....

Got one beer left....can't wait til 9, when I can bust it open!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
not directed at anyone in the LPTv4

oh goody the Shakespearean troll has returned, sent me a PM and told me I should report him.... rather sad and pathetic actually

I have a feeling I knowith exactly of whom you speak of :D

I know ive said my fair share of stupidiy before but that takes the cake and the whole bakery too! :rolleyes:o_O

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 54F today... that's still too cold to take the roof off the Vette!
70+ tomorrow, though, and a big improvement overall, since it was snowing Saturday.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, I think you are correct. I am assuming the snow didn't stick....
We are getting close to 90....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Put the sticker on the car my Sabum gave me - oh - nearly a decade ago. It's been 6 years since I last put my gi on....
But now I got my karate girl on my car, with my name! You know, the kind parents put on, to brag about thier kids! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions