Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The roads cleared up enough to take the Corvette out for a short test spin.

Damn, it's loud...and harsh sounding.
Ordered a couple SLP resonators to mellow it a bit, then we'll see.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. I was going to test the acceleration with new longtube headers, but didn't. It was too loud. Too loud and harsh to stand on it.
Once the resonators are installed, I'll try again. I've got plenty of deserted roads in the vicinity for testing. I will no doubt bend the speed limit on those roads a little bit, but I don't need to reach significantly high speeds. Just a full throttle blast through 1st and 2nd. 2nd gear hits redline at about 75MPH.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was -11F here today, but we're having a heat wave, A tropical heat wave....it is now 16F
Grumpy_Old_Men_32370_Medium.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are joys (other than going inside!) at temperatures below 20???

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I Can not believe it, I woke up at noon today. Darn have the day gone and all I want to do is turn over and go back to sleep.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm bummed... A manufacturer sent me a new piece of SCUBA gear (a gizmo to mount a light on your BCD harness) to test and review.
And we don't go to Cozumel for another 26 days!!! :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I saw my MD today (the retina reattachment guy) and I can return to normal activity....but.... sparing is likely done so with that said

and strangely enough, I am rather relaxed about the whole thing..

and here is a bit of trivia...it takes about 1 year for the eye to recover from this

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And if he doesn't learn fast enough... you tell his wife. Then he'll learn his lesson...

She has already told me no to ALL MA training..... that has yet to be discussed.....

But in all honesty it does not matter what anyone tells me, I really do not want this experience again and getting hit in the eye would be a real good way to have a repeat performance...... watching one eye go blind is not fun and the surgery to fix it is even less fun add to that having to stay in one position for 2 weeks and move little is not fun and not knowing for a year if it is going to be as good as it was is not fun either..... nah.... I don't want to go there again if I can help it

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
She has already told me no to ALL MA training..... that has yet to be discussed.....

But in all honesty it does not matter what anyone tells me, I really do not want this experience again and getting hit in the eye would be a real good way to have a repeat performance...... watching one eye go blind is not fun and the surgery to fix it is even less fun add to that having to stay in one position for 2 weeks and move little is not fun and not knowing for a year if it is going to be as good as it was is not fun either..... nah.... I don't want to go there again if I can help it

You're telling me how much it sucks to have one eye? :rofl:

On the other hand, sparring is only a small part of martial arts. My own instructor doesn't spar any more, and has not ever since he was found to have a handful of AVMs. Doesn't mean he's not still learning, nor does it seem to have negatively impacted his ability to teach.

And always remember...
What your wife doesn't know about won't hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions