Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You think departed 'loved ones' speak to you?

I sometimes wonder.

After my sister passed away, I had a few WTF moments.
Like the day I was driving to the store, thinking about how her house had become empty and cold, even though non of her belongings had been moved out yet, when I listenend up and heard one of the songs we had selected for her memorial service on the radio. It was a Billy Joel song that hardly ever is played on the air.
Or Gone with the Wind events, a week or two out from the anniversary of her death. it was her all time favorite movie and book.

This year I ha the displeasure of digging a hole for a dog that wasn't mine, when I planted the rose bush, I realized that it was - again the anniversary of her passing - she was a big animal lover.

Now I read a FB post from a friend who lost her daughter to SIDS a few years ago on Memorial Day weekend.
How she had taken a plunge with her cellphone, having do use her old one - which had a lot of pictures of her daughter on it...weird stuff, coincidence?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lovely, sunny day in Colorado. Class starts at 5, but I'm meeting a couple of students at 4 for some extra work.

I think the Corvette wants me to drop her top and take her tonight...

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
You think departed 'loved ones' speak to you?

I sometimes wonder.

After my sister passed away, I had a few WTF moments.
Like the day I was driving to the store, thinking about how her house had become empty and cold, even though non of her belongings had been moved out yet, when I listenend up and heard one of the songs we had selected for her memorial service on the radio. It was a Billy Joel song that hardly ever is played on the air.
Or Gone with the Wind events, a week or two out from the anniversary of her death. it was her all time favorite movie and book.

This year I ha the displeasure of digging a hole for a dog that wasn't mine, when I planted the rose bush, I realized that it was - again the anniversary of her passing - she was a big animal lover.

Now I read a FB post from a friend who lost her daughter to SIDS a few years ago on Memorial Day weekend.
How she had taken a plunge with her cellphone, having do use her old one - which had a lot of pictures of her daughter on it...weird stuff, coincidence?

you might think I'm completely off my rocker..but we lost my step-dad about 8 years ago and 3 years ago, I was over at my mom's house raking leaves for her
and at one point, I stood up straight to stretch my back and looked toward the house and - I saw him - it was only for a few seconds, but I saw him standing
on the front step and it looked like he was smiling and then he disappeared... So, in answer to your question, I would say - in a way, I think departed loved ones
do speak to you but probably not in the typical way we're used to but rather in a way that our heart will understand..

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i went and saw one of those clairvoyant type people a few years ago and i got the shock of my life when she said that my adopted grandfather (he died when i was 2 or 3) was stood watching over my shoulder making sure that i didn't get into anymore trouble :)

it also goe some way to explaining why i talk to myself a hell of a lot too - she thought that maybe i was talking to him cos i've had countless full blooded discussions about everyday stuff with "myself".

unlike some though i've never seen him - i saw a few not of good quality pictures of him a while back but my adopted parents for whatever reason never showed them again - they never showed any pictures of either side of their families --- from what i understand there was a massive barney and that was that they just refused to see each other ever again but i keep getting these "reminders" - i'd love to know more, i know that they're not my family directly but it'd maybe shed some light on stuff.

today i'm going back to the gym to help out with the kiddies pads session :) shouldn't be too tough on me considering that i get to kneel down most of the time :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
legs definitely getting better cos the pain has halved :) it's either that or i've become accustomed to it lol :)

gotta go shopping cos my dog needs his burgers and sausages -- i get them from my local butcher who makes his own :) almost too good for the dog lol :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh look its Thursday..... now I had to remind myself od that because if I don't it will be the same thing all over again...just like every week I have Monday off.

I think Tuesday is Monday, Wednesday is Thursday and I then for some reason thing Thursday is Friday and my short week becomes real long

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh look its Thursday..... now I had to remind myself od that because if I don't it will be the same thing all over again...just like every week I have Monday off.

I think Tuesday is Monday, Wednesday is Thursday and I then for some reason thing Thursday is Friday and my short week becomes real long
Your a grumpy man. Life's not that serious man Take a sick day and go get ice cream or something

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Your a grumpy man. Life's not that serious man Take a sick day and go get ice cream or something

Actually I'm not...I'm a burned out old IT person...and I could go into great detail as to why...but I won't....but that short week thing has been going on since I have been in my 20s....

EDIT;

And just how the heck did you come up with "Grumpy" out of that post.....the others yes...but that one...sheeesh....

And I don't like ice cream...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
legs definitely getting better cos the pain has halved :) it's either that or i've become accustomed to it lol :)

gotta go shopping cos my dog needs his burgers and sausages -- i get them from my local butcher who makes his own :) almost too good for the dog lol :)

You have a local butcher!
I am so jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.