Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Still burned out from traveling. Supposed to have gone on a four day work week when I came back from vacation, been working six instead. Too much work, too many crazies, too fricken' old.

Ain't doing nothing today. Not going to work out, cook, shop, clean, party, nada.

PuppySleep.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still burned out from traveling. Supposed to have gone on a four day work week when I came back from vacation, been working six instead. Too much work, too many crazies, too fricken' old.

Ain't doing nothing today. Not going to work out, cook, shop, clean, party, nada.

View attachment 21111
I felt that way for a different (and more easily remedied) reason: i got up at 02:00 today to catch my flight home. Hope your recovery day is as helpful as mine has been.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

puppysleep-jpg.21111

You shaved your moustache?????

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
For some strange reason, I want to go to DC....
to bad I can't afford to make it cross county line....
Figuratively speaking....and I better get gas tomorrow morning, or I have to push that Altima into the next county...

One more day, then WEEKEND!!!!
Peanuts-Snoopy-Happy-Dance-Graduation-Money-Holder-Card-root-299GMD3064_PV.1.GMD3064.jpg_Source_Image.jpg

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Understood. Of all the things I have to deal with in the ER, combative boneheads are among my least favorite.

yes, I interviewed an ER nurse for a market research study this week and asked her about her biggest challenges and priorities....her answer was to make sure herself and her colleagues and the patients are safe.......bit surprising I was sure helping the patient would have been first priority....interesting

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
yes, I interviewed an ER nurse for a market research study this week and asked her about her biggest challenges and priorities....her answer was to make sure herself and her colleagues and the patients are safe.......bit surprising I was sure helping the patient would have been first priority....interesting

Keeping them safe is helping their patients. Now think about this, sometimes those patients they are trying to keep safe can be incredibly violent and combative.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today was a pretty good day. I took my allergy medicine and surprise surprise... Had no allergy symptoms so far. It's to bad I didn't learn anything from this experience. I'm still going to go back to not taking my medicine. :D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wife just made a pan of soft gooey brownies.

They were brownies with a top layer of Oreo cookies (one of my weaknesses) topped with chocolate icing.

Pretty sure she is trying to put me in a diabetic coma......if y'all don't hear from me within the next 24 hours please contact the appropriate authorities.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help anyone if you aren't safe. That's why priority 1 for first responders is their safety, not making the rescue, putting out the fire, or catching the bad guy. Doesn't mean that you freeze and do nothing until it's absolutely safe -- but that, when it comes time to take risks, you've done all that you reasonably can in the circumstances to reduce the risks.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Keeping them safe is helping their patients. Now think about this, sometimes those patients they are trying to keep safe can be incredibly violent and combative.

Totaly agree, just not something I had really thought of....I'm a nerdy scientist not a first responder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions