Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its been a good day.....
paid over 2000 for a much needed piece of equipment...it arrived..... broken
bought another piece of equipment...for only in the $300s.... and even though the sales person assured me it would work in our environment...it doesn't
And a very important server, Important to our operation...died....
Stay away from my stuff, man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no luck finding an owner. Taking the dog to vet tomorrow. If there are no signs of neglect we will try in earnest to find the doggo's owner. If she's been neglected, we might not try very hard.
One of my best dogs was found like that one (including being wet).

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
its been a good day.....
paid over 2000 for a much needed piece of equipment...it arrived..... broken
bought another piece of equipment...for only in the $300s.... and even though the sales person assured me it would work in our environment...it doesn't
And a very important server, Important to our operation...died....
Do you work for our IT department?

A couple months back we updated our Records Management System. Not like records are important in our business or anything... Ongoing server issues since, leading to multi-tier support calls across hardware and software vendors. And, among the discoveries, an "Oh, THAT goes on behind the scenes... and completely goes haywire when the first line support tells you to do this..." issue... Yeah, fun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Do you work for our IT department?

A couple months back we updated our Records Management System. Not like records are important in our business or anything... Ongoing server issues since, leading to multi-tier support calls across hardware and software vendors. And, among the discoveries, an "Oh, THAT goes on behind the scenes... and completely goes haywire when the first line support tells you to do this..." issue... Yeah, fun.

yup IT....ain't life grand

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK, for the record, and in reference to trees on my property
8 large Oak trees
1 sapling Oak
7 large Maple trees
4 Large Pine trees
3 small Pine
7 Big Locust trees
and a plethora of other assorted trees and decorative bushes

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, for the record, and in reference to trees on my property
8 large Oak trees
1 sapling Oak
7 large Maple trees
4 Large Pine trees
3 small Pine
7 Big Locust trees
and a plethora of other assorted trees and decorative bushes
And how many of them fear you?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Gonna need a definitive count on these too

Oh for Crying out loud....sheesh...don't you folks have better things to do than come op with MORE work for me..... and I forgot to add 2 large dogwood and 3 large rose a Sharon a dozen Mutant big fire bushes (that will soon be cut down to size) and then a plethora of other trees

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got seeds for Texas Star Hibiscus that I'm thinking about planting in my back yard.....to mess with fishermen fishing our cove into thinking I'm growing weed.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've got seeds for Texas Star Hibiscus that I'm thinking about planting in my back yard.....to mess with fishermen fishing our cove into thinking I'm growing weed.

I see those things all over the place here. Texas Star Hibiscus, who knew?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Workplace fun....

A dude passed away yesterday on the floor (not the fun part)
his family thought it would be a good idea to burn sage smudge sticks in the hospital room!

I did not find out until the fire alarms went off, but for a different floor and wing, but we have to walk down the floor and close all open doors.
Somebody asked me what it was, so I tell him, 'oh, likely just a fire drill'
when I smelled the burned stuff and I went like "OMG, it smells like SMOKE!!!! I hope those fire alarms are wired right!!!!1'
:D
but seriously, the hospital has a strict no smoking policy, is, oh, almost 50 years old, held together by duct tape and prayers, the O2 system is leaking (and the plumbing, too)

and you BURN stuff in the room?

I am sure it looked like a good idea at the time....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

I am a spotter for Marijuana Erad Flights....and have been fooled by okra. Had my ground team drive like 30 miles only to find a row of okra once. :D (they didn't see the same humor in it.)

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am a spotter for Marijuana Erad Flights....and have been fooled by okra. Had my ground team drive like 30 miles only to find a row of okra once. :D (they didn't see the same humor in it.)
my neighbor had a garden on a corner plot, with a couple rows of Ocra....I think he could have put a couple weed plants in there, nobody would have noticed. :D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
my neighbor had a garden on a corner plot, with a couple rows of Ocra....I think he could have put a couple weed plants in there, nobody would have noticed. :D

I know one "grower" who tried mixing marijuana plants with Tomato plants....even hung red Christmas ball decorations from them to try and make them look like tomatos.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Workplace fun....

A dude passed away yesterday on the floor (not the fun part)
his family thought it would be a good idea to burn sage smudge sticks in the hospital room!

I did not find out until the fire alarms went off, but for a different floor and wing, but we have to walk down the floor and close all open doors.
Somebody asked me what it was, so I tell him, 'oh, likely just a fire drill'
when I smelled the burned stuff and I went like "OMG, it smells like SMOKE!!!! I hope those fire alarms are wired right!!!!1'
:D
but seriously, the hospital has a strict no smoking policy, is, oh, almost 50 years old, held together by duct tape and prayers, the O2 system is leaking (and the plumbing, too)

and you BURN stuff in the room?

I am sure it looked like a good idea at the time....

stayed in a "no smoking" hotel one winter when the fire alarm went off at 5:00 in the morning, and woke us all up. They evacuated the entire hotel, including myself the wife and (little one) kids. I got everyone to my car so they could stay warm. I was outside of the car when I heard to rather angry firemen talking about the idiot in one of the rooms who thought he had a brilliant idea. Since it was cold outside and he did not feel like going out he just opened the window and blew the smoke out the window "BRILLIANT" sadly just over the window was a smoke detector. Saw the idiot too, he was angry that everyone seemed so "unreasonably" angry with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions