Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's a gentle summer day! What is your point?

No point, just stating facts...after coming back in from outside and feeling like a hot wet songe....but I have been in hotter temps....110 in San Diego and very VERY briefly 116 in Las Vegas..

Now its 92 degrees with 51% humidity....of course there is a major thunderstorm on the way.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it . If you go my actual amoint of water that falls from the sky, most of the usa gets more rain than us.

If you count rainy days, we have more than most . About half the year .
Yeah, it's days of rain that gets you the reputation out there, which is why I was surprised about Pittsburgh.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, springtime in the tropics. I have ants. The little suckers, not the medium or large ones. Time for chemical warfare, calling the bug people.
I've had to deal with two different invasions this year already - earlier and more than any other year.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
The ants are bad this year here too.
2967515.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No point, just stating facts...after coming back in from outside and feeling like a hot wet songe....but I have been in hotter temps....110 in San Diego and very VERY briefly 116 in Las Vegas..

Now its 92 degrees with 51% humidity....of course there is a major thunderstorm on the way.....

we don't count this as humidity....
that;'s like bone dry!

I got a feeling you are asking for a shunning!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That actually sounds kind of nice. We have 89 degrees with 90% humidity.

Bone dry...the Vegas heat and the San Diego heat is bone dry...and that is scary. It is 100 or above, you know your hot, but you don't seem to sweat....it evaporates before you see it..... but don't let it fool you...keep hydrating or you'll be sorry

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bone dry...the Vegas heat and the San Diego heat is bone dry...and that is scary. It is 100 or above, you know your hot, but you don't seem to sweat....it evaporates before you see it..... but don't let it fool you...keep hydrating or you'll be sorry
Yup. I had a chance to experience this once. We were hiking in Wyoming, the 4th of July week. It was exactly like you described. We knew better, so we all wore long pants and long sleeves. And hats, of course. We all carried camelbacks, sipping pretty much non-stop. And yeah - intellectually, I knew we were probably sweating, because it was 104 degrees. But it just... vanished. Later the same week, we hiked around the Jenny Lake to the Inspiration Point, and some people wore tank tops and shorts. Can you imagine? That's like begging to be roasted to a crisp.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yup. I had a chance to experience this once. We were hiking in Wyoming, the 4th of July week. It was exactly like you described. We knew better, so we all wore long pants and long sleeves. And hats, of course. We all carried camelbacks, sipping pretty much non-stop. And yeah - intellectually, I knew we were probably sweating, because it was 104 degrees. But it just... vanished. Later the same week, we hiked around the Jenny Lake to the Inspiration Point, and some people wore tank tops and shorts. Can you imagine? That's like begging to be roasted to a crisp.

I was at Disneyland, one hot sunny day, with the kids a few years back and at the end of the day I saw this young guy walk by with a white muscle shirt on.... I kid you not...any exposed skin he had.....was the color of a cooked lobster....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was at Disneyland, one hot sunny day, with the kids a few years back and at the end of the day I saw this young guy walk by with a white muscle shirt on.... I kid you not...any exposed skin he had.....was the color of a cooked lobster....
hqdefault.jpg

He made the movies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Summer in Seattle... 83F and 45% humidity. And people complaining like crazy that it’s too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions