Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got some cool news yesterday.

My youngest son plays on the School's Jr. Varsity Baseball Team and he practices and helps with the Varsity team (shagging balls, warm ups, keeping the pitch count, etc...). The coach informed me that they have decided to move him up to Varsity. He won't get to play much but he was pretty excited to get moved up. (He still can play Jr. Varsity as well.)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you have an online store or site? I could load them to polyvore and incorporate them into outfits I design. A zebra wood pen sounds like it would not only be a functional writing instrument but also a lovely unusual accessory.

[Gentlemen in the audience, please feel free to groan. When it comes to fashion I AM a total girl. :happy:]
I am working on that.
Need to get more production up I suppose!
:)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Clears throat"

@gpseymour .....We are waiting?
Oh, okay. I'll spill.

Snacky Sunday is a magical day. You sit around and eat freshly made snacks all day. From time to time, about when you run low on one, a new one magically appears. Sometimes they appear in batches. Somehow, they always appear after your wife disappears from the room for some time, though I'm dubious about any link between the two.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Clears throat"

@gpseymour .....We are waiting?
Round one:

- Beef and mashed potato pirozhki left over from last week (kind of like miniature calzones).
- Home fries roasted with olive oil and barbecue spices
- Asparagus roasted with white balsamic vinegar and Mrs. Dash
- Crab meat (fake) with cocktail sauce

Round two:

- Kamato tomato and cheddar mini-skewers
- Smoked sausage and date mini-skewers
- Home-made super-slaw (something I do with cabbage, onions, carrots, apples, and currants)

Round three:

- Mussels cooked in their own juices and butter
- Corn on the cob
- More super-slaw
- toasted European-style brown bread to sop up the mussel juice

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Round one:

- Beef and mashed potato pirozhki left over from last week (kind of like miniature calzones).
- Home fries roasted with olive oil and barbecue spices
- Asparagus roasted with white balsamic vinegar and Mrs. Dash
- Crab meat (fake) with cocktail sauce

Round two:

- Kamato tomato and cheddar mini-skewers
- Smoked sausage and date mini-skewers
- Home-made super-slaw (something I do with cabbage, onions, carrots, apples, and currants)

Round three:

- Mussels cooked in their own juices and butter
- Corn on the cob
- More super-slaw
- toasted European-style brown bread to sop up the mussel juice

As my wife would say, "He reads these things and it's like he called a 900 number."

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are now eating Almond cream tarts (from Aldi) and sipping home-made orange cordials while watching all of James Woods episodes of Family Guy.

The orange cordial is an adjusted recipe. @gpseymour said the previous batch was a bit too sweet, so I lowered the syrup and upped the orange peel.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You ever get stuck in a room with a group of people and one person keeps talking about a subject that they're interested in but no one else is? Everyone is responding with unenthusiastic answers and their body language is broadcasting in every conceivable way that they couldn't care less about the topic, yet the person keeps talking?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are now eating Almond cream tarts (from Aldi) and sipping home-made orange cordials while watching all of James Woods episodes of Family Guy.

The orange cordial is an adjusted recipe. @gpseymour said the previous batch was a bit too sweet, so I lowered the syrup and upped the orange peel.
I don't to Aldis that much....
I tend to leave the store with 80 bucks worth of chocolate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions